Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostMon Jun 18, 2012 7:03 pm Offline
Wed May 30, 2012 12:10 pm16
Now, obviously many movies chance from the time the first trailer comes out to when the movie actually is screened, however I found this older trailer, and I was thinking that the structure of the movie may have originally been different.

Here is the first trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lieDzFBdCXY

First of all, when Kenny takes off his hood at the beginning, the boys are surprised.. possibly scared. Perhaps originally this wasn't supposed to be a touching moment, maybe they were going to discuss it more, or maybe it was the first time they ever saw him without his hood on.

Secondly, Ike is with the boys when Kenny takes off his hood. In the final movie, Ike was in the attack while the war was going on. (He's shown after the credits eating a rat) Maybe this happened earlier in the movie? Or maybe Ike was with them the entire time!

Those are the two main things; but there are also some extra lines. Mr. Mackey never asked "Did you just say the Q word?" as far as I know.

I'm probably looking too far into these, but did anyone else notice this?
Re: South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostMon Jun 18, 2012 9:27 pm Offline
Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:23 pm38South Gate, CA
I've also noticed this.
Hit me up if you're in So Cal.
Re: South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostMon Jul 09, 2012 2:49 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
I believe the movie did change a hell of a lot over the course of production. Also have heard that there are several difference post-release versions, including the one on the DVD being slightly different than the one that was in theatres.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostMon Jul 09, 2012 3:41 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Zazaban wrote:
there are several different post-release versions, including the one on the DVD slightly different than the one that was in theatres.

I'd love to get all of them. And I read there were (at least) two theater versions.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostTue Jul 10, 2012 4:55 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Big-Will wrote:
Zazaban wrote:
there are several different post-release versions, including the one on the DVD slightly different than the one that was in theatres.

I'd love to get all of them. And I read there were (at least) two theater versions.

Do you know how many versions there are, Will? I've never been able to find much on this subject.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostFri Aug 31, 2012 3:00 pm Offline
Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:49 pm105
Big-Will wrote:
Zazaban wrote:

Can you site this info, Bill.

Big-Will. I'm gonna call you Bill.
Re: South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostSat Sep 01, 2012 12:45 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
I've only heard of two versions.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: South Park movie trailer vs. final product. PostWed Nov 28, 2012 1:56 am Offline
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 am18canada
It looked like a crappy generic movie teaser that takes scenes out of context while the announcer makes bold claims about how awesome its supposed to be.
I dont think that it means there are secret hidden versions of the movie floating around.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts