Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 20 posts Previous  1, 2
Re: THe B00K OF MoRMoN PostSat Jun 11, 2011 12:02 pm Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
CartmansWhore wrote:
LOL I knew it was a play but I thought it was based off an old movie, apparently it's not. Wow, honest mistake

Look what I found :D

'Book of Mormon' favored to sweep Tonys: http://specials.msn.com/A-List/TV/Book- ... d=29074457

You best believe I have been all over The Book of Mormon like white on rice since it opened Mar 24th. My uncle saw it a week after it opened and is still bragging about how brilliant it is! They are nominated for 14 awards (13 of which is the most they can win) And if they do, they'll beat the record of most Tony's won by a musical: The Producers holds the record of 12. I have the soundtrack and I know allllll the lyrics. And I am throwing a Tony party tomorrow night. I have lots of friends coming over to watch the Tony's hosted by Neil Patrick Harris (he hosted 2 years ago and was awesome) And of course to watch M&T sweep the Tony's!

Were you able to get tix for the show? You may be lucky to get crappy seats on Wed or Thurs matinee. But weekends are sold out through the rest of this year!
Re: THe B00K OF MoRMoN PostSat Jun 11, 2011 12:08 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
cynthia325 wrote:
CartmansWhore wrote:
LOL I knew it was a play but I thought it was based off an old movie, apparently it's not. Wow, honest mistake

Look what I found :D

'Book of Mormon' favored to sweep Tonys: http://specials.msn.com/A-List/TV/Book- ... d=29074457

You best believe I have been all over The Book of Mormon like white on rice since it opened Mar 24th. My uncle saw it a week after it opened and is still bragging about how brilliant it is! They are nominated for 14 awards (13 of which is the most they can win) And if they do, they'll beat the record of most Tony's won by a musical: The Producers holds the record of 12. I have the soundtrack and I know allllll the lyrics. And I am throwing a Tony party tomorrow night. I have lots of friends coming over to watch the Tony's hosted by Neil Patrick Harris (he hosted 2 years ago and was awesome) And of course to watch M&T sweep the Tony's!

Were you able to get tix for the show? You may be lucky to get crappy seats on Wed or Thurs matinee. But weekends are sold out through the rest of this year!

Wow, sounds like fun. I may record the show but only to fast forward thru it, I hope they show up.

NO not yet, we won't be in NYC for very long bc we're interested in hitting up Canada as well. May get crappy seats if we're lucky!

Not into musicals and never have been, last show i saw, WICKED, was off Broadway bc we got free tix. But I may start to like them now probably. :o
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: THe B00K OF MoRMoN PostSat Jun 11, 2011 12:12 pm Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
^ They will be there for sure! M&T wouldn't miss going to the Tony's especially when it's their show.

I grew up with theatre: acting and singing. Working behind the scenes as well. I've seen many Broadway shows, and one of them was Wicked. The same musical composer for Wicked also worked on The Book of Mormon.

Think about it; for us two especially, musicals are a nice get-a-way from the world. They're so happy and optimistic.
Re: THe B00K OF MoRMoN PostSat Jun 11, 2011 12:18 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
cynthia325 wrote:

I grew up with theatre: acting and singing. Working behind the scenes as well. I've seen many Broadway shows, and one of them was Wicked. The same musical composer for Wicked also worked on The Book of Mormon.

^ WOW! I am definitely pushing to go see it, my birthday's coming up and that's the only thing I really want more than anything!

cynthia325 wrote:

Think about it; for us two especially, musicals are a nice get-a-way from the world. They're so happy and optimistic.

YES! I love music for that reason! <3 :')
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: THe B00K OF MoRMoN PostWed Aug 10, 2011 9:39 am Offline
Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:47 pm10
i saw it.
it
was
amazing XD

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 20 posts Previous  1, 2