Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 3 posts
Different editions of South Park BLU DVD? PostThu Apr 12, 2012 5:14 pm Offline
Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm73Mr. Jenkins Ranch
Hi,

Was looking for BLU on Amazon and saw that there are several different versions.

One says "Widescreen Version" with "Widescreen DVD" in the description, the other ones include Widescreen (or Full Screen only) but look the same and have "Three Theatrical Trailers" in the description. Various combinations of language and audio/video are given. Some are more expensive than others. I'm only looking for Region 1 DVDs.

Is there a Web site or anyone here who could tell me what the differences are?

The ASINs for all Region 1 versions I can find are:

B003PW0VSQ
B000022TSX
B000022TSW

Thank you!
"Don't touch me! I've had my nuts broken, body poisoned, have been made love to in the ass by three dozen 40-year-old men—I just wanna go home and take a, a hot bath!" -Stuart McCormick
Re: Different editions of South Park BLU DVD? PostFri Apr 13, 2012 11:43 am Offline
Thu May 15, 2008 5:46 pm73Mr. Jenkins Ranch
Doing a search on eBay shows three editions: Sensormatic, Checkpoint, and Widescreen.

Searching gives me:

http://www.allformp3.com/dvd-faqs/149.htm

Quote:
[1.49] What do Sensormatic and Checkpoint mean?

Sensormatic and Checkpoint are two point-of-sale security systems. The names refer to the little metal tags that are inserted into DVD packaging to set off an alarm if you go through the sensors at the store entrance without having the tags deactivated during checkout. The tags are placed in the packages at the replication plant so that it doesn't have to be done at the store. This is called source tagging .

So I guess it's just the packaging at the warehouse.

Can't find any information on the fourth one Amazon gives.
"Don't touch me! I've had my nuts broken, body poisoned, have been made love to in the ass by three dozen 40-year-old men—I just wanna go home and take a, a hot bath!" -Stuart McCormick
Re: Different editions of South Park BLU DVD? PostFri Apr 13, 2012 6:07 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I'd actually have to say that the Bluray is the definitive edition, as it has a new full-length commentary. I don't know if there's a DVD rerelease with that on it or not though. The DVD version I have is widescreen with no commentary, and I got it from Wal-Mart for $7. There should still be some copies available there.

Hell, if you want you can have my old DVD of BLU. That is, if you feel comfortable giving your name and address to a random person on the internets. If you do, just PM me the details, and I'll see if I can get it out to you this weekend.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 3 posts