Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 13 posts
Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostTue Sep 20, 2011 10:13 am Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Wrote about this on my site and thought I'd share it with you all.

The "Book of Mormon" will be coming to a movie theater near you. However, there's still no word on who will star in the film or when it'll be released.

'Mormon' will launch a national tour next August and conclude September 2nd; it'll also make its debut at Chicago Broadway.

This edgy play is about "a pair of earnest Mormons on a mission in northern Uganda. The play manages to skewer the Church of Latter-Day Saints (and everything else in its path) with heaps of politically incorrect and R-rated lyrics while still being somehow respectful and sweet."

Written by the dynamic duo behind "South Park", Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with "Avenue Q's" Robert Lopez, the musical won a total of 9 Tony Awards this past June.

(http://main.nimrodstreet.com/book-mormo ... the-movies)
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostWed Sep 21, 2011 10:09 am Offline
Thu Sep 01, 2011 9:17 pm82
CartmansWhore wrote:
Wrote about this on my site and thought I'd share it with you all.

The "Book of Mormon" will be coming to a movie theater near you. However, there's still no word on who will star in the film or when it'll be released.

'Mormon' will launch a national tour next August and conclude September 2nd; it'll also make its debut at Chicago Broadway.

This edgy play is about "a pair of earnest Mormons on a mission in northern Uganda. The play manages to skewer the Church of Latter-Day Saints (and everything else in its path) with heaps of politically incorrect and R-rated lyrics while still being somehow respectful and sweet."

Written by the dynamic duo behind "South Park", Trey Parker and Matt Stone along with "Avenue Q's" Robert Lopez, the musical won a total of 9 Tony Awards this past June.

(http://main.nimrodstreet.com/book-mormo ... the-movies)

Ooooh I can't wait for that, I just can't wait...

/Flavis jumps around while pinching his nipples with ecstasy and glee

I've been wanting to see this play for a long time but just couldn't find the time to make the 6 hour drive up to New York. I'm glad it will be coming to the big screen, everything those guys do is good. God bless those souls, god bless'em and god love'em. :-)
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostWed Oct 05, 2011 7:53 pm Offline
Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:57 pm91
Oooh, sounds awesome! I'm barely too young to drive, so it's not like I could drive God knows how many hours to NYC and hope to get a ticket, and I don't want to wait a few years until it comes to St. Louis. :D
._____.
|_____|
() o_o ()
...|__|----> this is Kyle

98% of teens have one of these 98% statistics in their signatures, copy and paste if you're in the 2% that doesn't...hey, wait a minute...
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostWed Oct 05, 2011 9:55 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Cool! I was kinda hoping they'd do that!
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostTue Oct 11, 2011 7:36 am Offline
Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:20 pm12
EXCELLENT!!! I absolutely cannot wait.
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostSun Mar 18, 2012 11:51 am Offline
Sat Mar 17, 2012 6:21 am8
Awesome! I wish they keep the original cast, but I hardly doubt it will happen. But eh, I can't complain, meanwhile I can see it in the big screen everything will be spectacular.
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostSun Apr 08, 2012 7:27 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
This is overwhelmingly good news.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostMon Apr 09, 2012 11:38 am Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
So I wonder - when the film version of The Book Of Mormon is nominated for several Academy Awards (because you know it will be), will Trey & Matt still be up for attending the Oscars in drag while tripping their brains out?

Cojones like coconuts, those guys.

:cartmanlaugh:
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostMon Apr 09, 2012 7:39 pm Offline
joedanger wrote:
So I wonder - when the film version of The Book Of Mormon is nominated for several Academy Awards (because you know it will be), will Trey & Matt still be up for attending the Oscars in drag while tripping their brains out?

Only one way to find out... :lol:
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostMon Apr 16, 2012 6:37 pm Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
joedanger wrote:

Oi!
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostMon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Nonono, cojones like basketballs!
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostSun Sep 09, 2012 9:32 pm Offline
Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm1
I hope its going to be in cartoon version... That would be Brilliant
Re: Book of Mormon Coming To The Movies PostTue Sep 25, 2012 5:40 pm Offline
Getinntrouble wrote:
I hope its going to be in cartoon version... That would be Brilliant

Animation would be a bit more expensive, I think. No, I'd say they'll keep it live-action. The choreography for some of the songs will be "easier" that way.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 13 posts