Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 17 posts 1, 2  Next
Voice Overs PostThu Jul 26, 2007 1:12 am Offline
Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:18 am8Baytown , TX
You know.... I have yet tosee some kind of video of Matt and Trey doing voice overs... i would love to see that, does anyone know a video or website or somthing. They are very talented i want to see them in action working on an episode1 :roll:
R.I.P Loral Moyers, Macy Moyers, Colette Windham, and Austin Davis
PostThu Jul 26, 2007 1:15 am Offline
Tue Apr 18, 2006 7:29 am147Scotland
well in BASEket ball there is a few voices in there like CArtman and Mr Garrison.
ImageImage

Just returned from the death camp of Tolerance
Thanks Mr. Hat_DX27 for the Sig.
PostThu Jul 26, 2007 1:51 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I don't know that they are the kind of guys who would do a voice over for something. Now I know that Trey has helped out with the theme for a show on Adult Swim, but I don't know what else either one of them may have done.
PostSun Aug 05, 2007 11:07 am Offline
Tue Aug 24, 2004 10:36 pm1234I smile because i have no idea what's going on =)
Butters_06 wrote:
well in BASEket ball there is a few voices in there like CArtman and Mr Garrison.

Also, in the commentary of Cannibal: The Musical, they claim Matt's character's voice to be the beginning of Kyle's voice.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
PostSun Aug 05, 2007 1:53 pm Offline
Fri Apr 29, 2005 5:06 am555Brighton, UK
Misty_Park_3R wrote:
Butters_06 wrote:

Also, in the commentary of Cannibal: The Musical, they claim Matt's character's voice to be the beginning of Kyle's voice.

I don't know if they meant that he sounded like Kyle or that he said some stuff that were very kyleish... Like, uh... "I've been doing some thinking here and I've come to the conclusion that we're completely f*cked! Anyone else made that discovery...?" XD

Oh yeah, the Colorado-river thing he did say in kind of a kyleish voice, actually.

Trey did a voice over for Matt in Cannibal, too, at one point :D
PostMon Aug 06, 2007 6:07 am Offline
  • YIM
Fri May 25, 2007 6:38 pm1419Texas by way of Ohio
Trey does A LOT of the voice work in what he does. Someone suggested once it was possibly cheaper but I have a feeling money isn't an issue when these guys get their hands on a project.

The man is going to lose his voice before he's 45!
PostMon Aug 06, 2007 7:48 am Offline
[quote="Just_Jackie":0e556]Trey does A LOT of the voice work in what he does. Someone suggested once it was possibly cheaper but I have a feeling money isn't an issue when these guys get their hands on a project.

The man is going to lose his voice before he's 45![/quote:0e556]

I hope not, that day is less than 10 years away.
“20 yrs from now you'll be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from safe harbour. Catch trade winds in your sails. Explore_Dream_Discover” TWAIN
PostMon Aug 06, 2007 9:53 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Just_Jackie wrote:
Trey does A LOT of the voice work in what he does. Someone suggested once it was possibly cheaper but I have a feeling money isn't an issue when these guys get their hands on a project.

Well, it IS cheaper, which is the reason he did most of it when he and Matt were just starting out, but now it's just because he can, like Mel Blanc could.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
PostMon Aug 06, 2007 10:58 pm Offline
strumpfhose wrote:
Misty_Park_3R wrote:
Butters_06 wrote:

I don't know if they meant that he sounded like Kyle or that he said some stuff that were very kyleish...

You have prompted a viewing of cannibal with commentary...too bad I don't have any time.
PostMon Aug 06, 2007 11:17 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Damn, I need to get me a copy of that... And Orgasmo, but that's for another topic.

By the way, sorry about my last post, I just read the subject title and ran with it. I agree though, it'd be nice to see some video of them in the recording booth. I do recall that there's a web-cam type "video" of 24 hours at South Park Studios in one minute, (or something like that) in the "Behind the Scenes" section, possibly in "Pictures".
PostTue Aug 07, 2007 1:12 pm Offline
  • YIM
I guess I am just a little prejudice. Not against Trey. I love Trey. :)

But I myself am studying to work in TV/Film and I want to do voice over. I have heard alot of stories about how many people want to do it. I know there is no way they Trey does it due to shortage of people.

I wanna do a voice. :tp:
PostTue Aug 07, 2007 1:44 pm Offline
Just_Jackie wrote:
I guess I am just a little prejudice. Not against Trey. I love Trey. :)

But I myself am studying to work in TV/Film and I want to do voice over. I have heard alot of stories about how many people want to do it. I know there is no way they Trey does it due to shortage of people.

I wanna do a voice. :tp:

They read the script out loud and someone tapes it with a camera so that the animators can then look it back and see the expressions and hear the tones in their voice and so on... I guess that's why the kids are not that motionless anymore than they used to be. Just standing still, moving their mouths. I've not seen them doing voices... or... i think there was a short clip of Trey doing Cartman and Stan in that Nightline thing or something.

Against what do you have prejudices again? I didn't get that.
PostTue Aug 07, 2007 2:17 pm Offline
  • YIM
Prejudice against the idea of one person doing all the voices.
PostWed Aug 08, 2007 3:57 am Offline
Just_Jackie wrote:
Prejudice against the idea of one person doing all the voices.

What's wrong with that? :D Besides, he doesn't do all the voices , just about... i'd say probably 3/5 of them. It wouldn't work on just any show though, still it's perfect for south park.
PostSun Aug 19, 2007 7:07 am Offline
Sat Feb 11, 2006 2:57 pm12
Actually, on a CBS interview they show Matt and Trey voicing a small part from Free Wilzyx. It's only a few lines though.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 17 posts 1, 2  Next