Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 14 posts
I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSun Sep 12, 2010 6:52 pm Offline
Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:56 am1088
alright i have no idea where to post this, but i really want to see if anyone knows anything about it.

i was at burning man last week, and near the end of the week (i think it was saturday or sunday) i saw this guy who looked EXACTLY like matt stone. i mean exactly. i honestly did a double take but i couldn't stare too long because i was on my bike and i kind of had to pay attention.

i almost turned around and asked him if he was, in fact, matt stone, but everything happened too fast and i had to go catch up with my boyfriend, who was being a d-bag and not waiting for me.

BUT since then i've also heard that other people thought they saw him there.

so i'm just wondering, does anyone know if matt was at burning man? he seems like the type of guy who would go, but if not, then his evil twin obviously goes.
derp.

[please excuse my username, i was a lame 13-year-old.]
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSun Sep 12, 2010 8:03 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
It's possible. Burning Man did occur during the South Park hiatus. However I don't know. I've used google, using the search terms MATT STONE BURNING MAN and a facebook page of burning man appears. I am not on FB (or Twitter), so I could not log in. However, the few pages FB allowed me to look at without logging in failed to find any reference to Matt Stone.

I also went to the web page of the Las Vegas Review Journal, also to no avail.

It is interesting that google sent me to FB; but maybe the search ended there because of the BURNING MAN search term, and not the MATT STONE search term. I really don't know.

I did find out there were close to 50,000 people there this year :o

So while it is possible Matt Stone was there, I could not find any reference to it. Perhaps if you are on FB or Twitter you can do some more research on this.

Good luck :)
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSun Sep 12, 2010 10:01 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
The Matt Stone mentioned on FB's Burning Man page is not SP's Matt Stone.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostMon Sep 13, 2010 12:45 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
The Matt Stone mentioned on FB's Burning Man page is not SP's Matt Stone.

Okay, cool. Thanks :)

So what do we know? We know that SP's Matt Stone has been on hiatus. We know that almost 50,000 people attended Burning Man.

Theory: One of the 50,000 could have been SP's Matt Stone. ILuvKennyMcCormick23 thinks she may have seen him there. But so far, my research on the net has turned up nothing.

Anyone else?
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSat Oct 02, 2010 3:08 am Offline
Okay, the following post is just speculation. I will explain my deductions:

Tonight I saw episode 902, Die Hippy, Die. When the hippies were at their music festival, with hippies miles deep, I suddenly remembered this thread.

The festival reminded me of things I read about the Burning Man festival.

And when I saw what in my opinion is a direct symbolism to the Burning Man in the episode, I presumed Matt Stone knew about the Burning Man for some time. At least since Season 9.

I have a screen shot from 902 to show you. I can't read what it says, something like an ODUM MAN perhaps? A direct symbol of the burning man imo.

I will end this post with the screen shot, but first more info on the burning man can be found at Big-Will's website at http://www.spscriptorium.com/ScriptGuideIndex.htm . Once there, click on "9" for season 9, then at episode 902 click on the magnifying glass for "secrets." At the top right of that page you will see a link to "burning man" info. Read it. It is interesting. Thank you for that, Big-Will :)

My point: imo, Matt Stone has been aware of burning man, he (and Trey Parker) made an episode with a reference imo in symbolism to burning man, and the actual real burning man event occurs during the hiatus of the making of South Park episodes.

Conclusion based on speculation: Matt Stone of South Park could have been at burning man this year. Here is a screen shot from 902 that made me think of this thread this morning in the first place. What do you guys think?

Edit: Also at Big-Will's spcriptorium, if you click on the person's face icon at episode 902, Big-Will mentions this is a non-burning man (great catch :) ) and here is a quote from Will on the last sentence of "guest stars": " The wooden structure in the third picture is a depiction of the Burning Man statue present at the Burning Man Festival." More evidence that Matt Stone knows about the burning man event.

Remember, this post was purely speculation.

Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSat Oct 02, 2010 9:18 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
The OP didn't see someone NAMED Matt Stone, she saw some dude that looked like Matt Stone and thought it was Matt Stone because she was at burning man, and most likely, tripping on some serious lysergic and/or magic mushrooms.

I suspect that was the case. I can't prove it, but it's more likely given the circumstances that the OP was hallucinating and didn't see the real Matt Stone. I'm not accusing the OP of dosing hardcore, I'm just saying there's more evidence to support that than the initial claim of the Matt Stone sighting.

That's my take on the situation.
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSun Oct 03, 2010 4:56 am Offline
Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm2721
Yo, you should lay off the mushies, chicka. :lol:
Quote:
Oh hi. So, how are you holding up? Because I'm a potato.
*slow clap*
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostMon Oct 04, 2010 10:23 am Offline
Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:56 am1088
hey now, i wasn't on any mnd-altering substance when i thought i saw him..! ok, i probably was, but nothing that would make me hallucinate matt stone walking around.. 8)

but i'm not the only one who thought they saw him! i've actually talked to quite a few people who heard rumours that he was there. we couldn't all have been tripping that hard. ;)

also, i did rewatch the hippie episode and saw the references! even the man itself!! very cool.

and well, now i totally believe that i saw matt stone. do we get a burning man episode now? :mrgreen:
derp.

[please excuse my username, i was a lame 13-year-old.]
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSun Nov 21, 2010 3:05 pm Offline
Sun Nov 21, 2010 2:07 pm9Denver, CO
Sorry - I thought Matt Stone hated hippies?
"I cannot by Sparkle Law move to have an old list investigated. However, if you can find recourse for such an inquiry, Wendy, I would review it. Does that sparkle with all the girls?" - Bebe S11Ep1114
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostSun Nov 21, 2010 11:30 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Maybe, but Trey hates them more. He's Cartman's voice, after all.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostMon Nov 22, 2010 3:05 pm Offline
I'm just sayin'....It seems unlikely that a hippie hater would be at burning man. :zombiekenny:
"I cannot by Sparkle Law move to have an old list investigated. However, if you can find recourse for such an inquiry, Wendy, I would review it. Does that sparkle with all the girls?" - Bebe S11Ep1114
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostMon Nov 22, 2010 6:48 pm Offline
subuccus wrote:
I'm just sayin'....It seems unlikely that a hippie hater would be at burning man. :zombiekenny:

Could be for research? Maybe Cartman doesn't like hippies, but Trey does?

Look at the circumstantial evidence. First, there are the posts above mine in this thread that have dealt with Burning Man in the past. So M&T certainly know about Burning Man.

But next, this very season 14, episode 13, Coon vs. Coon and Friends of the Cthulhu stories; there was a burning man scene. Here is a clip of that:

http://www.southparkstudios.com/clips/3 ... urning-man

I think ILuvKennyMcCormick23 was right when she thinks she may have seen Matt Stone at Burning Man this year. It was during South Park's hiatus. They have used references to Burning Man before. And after ILuvKennyMcCormick23 thought she saw Matt Stone at Burning Man, here comes this Burning Man scene in 1413. Coincidence? I don't think so. Good job, ILuvKennyMcCormick23 :D

Oh, and just because Matt Stone might have been spotted at Burning Man this year, who is to say that Trey Parker wasn't there as well? :)
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostMon Nov 22, 2010 9:52 pm Offline
Well, I'm lame enough to listen to the South Park commentaries where they lament the hippie infestation in Boulder. Cartman is just the voice for their uncontrollable and totally unreasonable rage. I don't have a problem with hippies, but if you listen to the commentaries on episode 127 "Die Hippie, Die"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FFfPwC1pNMk

you will agree with me:If the South Park creators were at Burning Man - They were quietly killing hippies. Just sayin.
Re: I (MAYBE) SAW MATT STONE AT BURNING MAN? PostMon Nov 22, 2010 10:03 pm Offline
Great clip, subuccus 8)

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 14 posts