Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 11 of 13 193 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostFri Mar 15, 2013 2:36 am Offline
Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:24 am4
I don't think anyone else is getting my issue, but here it goes. When I watch any episode, act one is fine, but act two and three have very low volume. After the ad's finish and act two comes back I have to crank my volume almost to max to hear it and often act three makes me max out my volume. It's so bad that even at 100, with the player volume at 100 as well it's like everyone is whispering.

I try reloading the episode but that doesn't seem to help.
southparkstudios.com streaming episodes? PostSun Apr 14, 2013 6:02 pm Offline
Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:01 pm2
does anyone know why the episodes stop streaming? the commercials and the south park opening sequence plays, but then nothing loads after?
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostMon Apr 15, 2013 11:26 am Offline
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 pm2
I've been watching episodes A-OK until I downloaded the latest version of FLASH today. Now the episodes won't play. (I've tried in vain to revert back to the old version of flash and I have failed in that mission!)

I even turned off my virus software, adblocker, etc. Commercials played, then nada. Since FLASH 11.7 was the only difference in my computer from yesterday to today, I know that is it, but I don't understand why the episodes won't play with the newest version of flash?

I get the spinning wheel, then it's black. I hit play and spinning wheel, black, repeat. I blame Craig.
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostMon Apr 15, 2013 12:57 pm Offline
Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:06 pm2
site wasn't working earlier, but now it is! my comment with my report hadn't been approved yet, but i wanted to post another to say it's working now---thank goodness!
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostMon Apr 29, 2013 10:04 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
FYI: I keep getting a '500 Internal Server Error' every time I try to look at the Chef/James Taylor Prostitute song. :(
There also seem to be multiple results, some of which have time stamps of "0:01:30" (for example) and others with the usual "1:30". I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it, just thought I'd mention it.
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostMon Apr 29, 2013 11:42 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
That means the server holding that clip is down.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostTue Apr 30, 2013 4:40 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Picked some clips at random from each season down starting with 10, and the trouble starts with S4. Some work, some don't. Some have "content unavailable" messages, others I still get the 500 error. :/
Re: southparkstudios.com streaming episodes? PostSun May 12, 2013 10:47 pm Offline
Sat May 11, 2013 5:59 pm9United States of America
danhough83 wrote:
does anyone know why the episodes stop streaming? the commercials and the south park opening sequence plays, but then nothing loads after?

Are you switching tabs when the commercials are on? Are you running any ad blockers? Are you running any custom browser plugins? Stuff like this could cause the issue you're experiencing.

Provide more details, so hopefully other users can better troubleshoot the problem you've having.
Mr. Garrison: Well, I’m sorry Wendy, but I just don’t trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn’t die. - Greatest South Park Quote Ever
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostFri Jul 12, 2013 11:13 pm Offline
Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:21 pm1
Yeah, I've been having problems too. I've noticed a volume discrepancy, but the most recent/most annoying problem is that the video will be playing just fine until it gets to a Target commercial in one of the ad segments. Once the ad starts, everything freezes. The most annoying part about this is that it's pretty much impossible to watch even half of an episode. Really putting a damper on my plan to watch every episode this summer alone *sigh*

I've had a lot of the same kinds of problems with the loading (or lack thereof), but I honestly assumed that it was just my wifi connection. It seems to be loading better since I've updated Adobe Flash Player, but since I did that about 15 minutes ago it's hard to really tell how much it has helped.

If anyone can tell me either how to block that one commercial or whether or not I'm alone with this problem, that'd be really helpful :)
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostTue Jul 16, 2013 6:09 pm Offline
Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:37 pm6
the player bugs if using a dual monitor setup, when opening a fullscreen on the main monitor the screen is always on the left one. A workaround was to use the embed player (use the get embed code button and paste only the url in your urlbar). But as this don't works since today I'm posting this.

Arch: x86_64
Distribtion: Arch Linux
Desktop Environment: KDE SC 4.10.5
Browser: Firefox 22
Flash: Adobe Flash 11.2.202.297
GPU: NVIDIA Geforce GTX580 (using propreteary driver)

This bug don't occures when using PPAPI flash eg.
using Chrome(ium). So this seams to affect everybrowser that uses NPAPI flash.

EDIT: BTW I'm from Germany if this is relevant.
EDIT2: New Workaround: after creating fullscreen window just move the windows via window move button (standard setting is <ALT> as far as I know).
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player - IT CONTI PostFri Aug 02, 2013 5:10 am Offline
Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 am59
I'm on XP (don't laugh), & I've tried loading episodes in that bitch IE 8, Opera 12.16 AND my usual, Firefox 22.0.

Having the same problem as a number of other people:
Clip starts w/the boys waving, then "Your content will resume shortly". And that's it, unless I want to disable Adblocker & watch ads. In fact, the ads from each section of the episode all play - but no South Park. :(

I've noticed that episodes that don't have the little intro of the boys waving don't have this problem. Only tested 1 episode per season counting backward, but seasons 13 onward seem (see below)

Updates: No, southparkstudios.dk is also screwed up.
And even episodes that start playing on this domain don't load after the first act.
I do believe I am out of South Park viewing options. :timmy:
"Form of...NEIL DIAMOND!!"
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostFri Aug 02, 2013 10:50 am Offline
Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:44 am1
To Muffin Crabtree, I have found a way around this problem you have listed as I started facing it last night also. I found the video players only generates the "content return shortly" message when your ad-blocker is on at the beginning of the video. So what I have done is turn my ad blocker off when clicking the link, then turning it back on when the ad begins. It skips the ad, and begins the video feed normally like it did before the problem started. Hope this helps you watch South Park again as well (at least until the bug is fixed)!
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player - IT CONTI PostFri Aug 02, 2013 12:34 pm Offline
Fri Aug 02, 2013 12:28 pm5
Muffin Crabtree wrote:
I'm on XP (don't laugh), & I've tried loading episodes in that bitch IE 8, Opera 12.16 AND my usual, Firefox 22.0.

Having the same problem as a number of other people:
Clip starts w/the boys waving, then "Your content will resume shortly". And that's it, unless I want to disable Adblocker & watch ads. In fact, the ads from each section of the episode all play - but no South Park. :(

I've noticed that episodes that don't have the little intro of the boys waving don't have this problem. Only tested 1 episode per season counting backward, but seasons 13 onward seem (see below)

Updates: No, southparkstudios.dk is also screwed up.
And even episodes that start playing on this domain don't load after the first act.
I do believe I am out of South Park viewing options. :timmy:

It's bad enough that it was removed from Netflix Instant...
Re: Troubleshooting Episode Player / Clips Player PostSat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:59 pm1
I'm having the same problems as the guy above me. All I can see is the "Your content will resume shortly" message. Skipping the video has the same thing happen. Episodes that skip the boys waving intro work, up until the first commercial break.
Here's what worked for me PostSun Aug 04, 2013 5:41 pm Offline
Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:01 am59
So I uninstalled the most recent version of Flash & reinstalled version 10.3.183.90, & now the episodes play just fine again.

It would appear this problem is just a compatibility issue. Temporary yay for the Archived Flash Versions page on Adobe's site :)
"Form of...NEIL DIAMOND!!"

Sort by  
Page 11 of 13 193 posts Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next