Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 13 posts
Act 2 failure PostSun Dec 08, 2013 11:13 pm Offline
Sun Dec 08, 2013 11:03 pm1
The episodes all get through the first act, but as soon as it starts the second, it won't play any further. I've tried both Southparkstudios classic and beta sites, and they both have this same problem. It started a few days ago, and never has had this problem before. Could someone please fix this soon?
Re: Act 2 failure PostFri Dec 27, 2013 3:09 am Offline
Wed Oct 07, 2009 10:36 pm70
I keep having the same problem. It's only a recent issue, for me. I believe I watched a full episode last weekend without problems, but these last couple of days the site has failed me at the beginning of Act 2.
Re: Act 2 failure PostFri Dec 27, 2013 3:28 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
That's usually an ad messing with the stream. PM BearyBear or Nall and tell him what ad is playing before the stream stalls on you.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Act 2 failure PostFri Dec 27, 2013 3:45 am Offline
Big-Will wrote:
That's usually an ad messing with the stream. PM BearyBear or Nall and tell him what ad is playing before the stream stalls on you.

I've tried different browsers. None of them even get to that point. In Chrome, I have Adblock Plus, but not in Firefox nor Opera. They all stop at "Your Content Will Return Shortly". No ads are played. I also JUST tried IE 11, same thing.
Re: Act 2 failure PostFri Dec 27, 2013 8:23 pm Offline
Browser(s): IE 11 64bit, Opera 12.16 Build 1860 64-bit, Firefox v26 32bit, Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m.
Flash Version: 11.9.900.170
Connection Speed: Verizon FiOS 15 Mbps Down, 5 Mbps Up
Firewall / Virus Protection: Was using MSE, now using Bitdefender Total Security 2014.

I recently switched from MSE to Bitdefender. The site DID work correctly after I switched two weeks ago but quit working correctly over the last week. I have tried both by turning Game Mode On and also turning Game Mode Off. Same problems.

Chrome is my main browser.
Re: Act 2 failure PostThu Jan 02, 2014 5:58 pm Offline
Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:29 pm1
I'm having a lot of issues with the forum, too, so I can't PM as is suggested in one of the earlier replies. I had no trouble with the videos until recently, too.

My Act 2 failure happens right after the Clorox bleach commercial (Spanish language). There are two of them that play right before the player goes to black and the screen gets stuck on Ad 2 of 5.

One has a little girl running out of the bathroom and it looks like the toilet is overflowing.

The other one features three women talking and laughing.

Browser(s):
IE 11.0.9600. 16476,
Chrome Version 31.0.1650.63 m (default browser)
Flash Version: 11.9.900 (Chrome)
IE tells me Flash is integrated with the browser, but I get the same version of Flash when I check it in IE.
Connection Speed: Cable/Roadrunner
Firewall / Virus Protection: AVG
Re: Act 2 failure PostSun Jan 12, 2014 9:51 pm Offline
Good God is anyone alive here in this forum!?!? The problem STILL hasn't been fixed.
Re: Act 2 failure PostMon Jan 13, 2014 12:53 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm303
JOSHSKORN wrote:
Good God is anyone alive here in this forum!?!? The problem STILL hasn't been fixed.

Yeppurs! ppl are alive in the forum :)

But no one in this forum can fix the problems. Only the admins, and they're on hiatus.

Big-Will wrote:

JOSHSKORN, take Will's advice and pm BearyBear or Nall directly. They're the admins who are in the position to trouble shoot the issue.
Re: Act 2 failure PostMon Jan 13, 2014 2:14 am Offline
zzyzx 2 wrote:
JOSHSKORN wrote:

Yeppurs! ppl are alive in the forum :)

But no one in this forum can fix the problems. Only the admins, and they're on hiatus.

Big-Will wrote:

JOSHSKORN, take Will's advice and pm BearyBear or Nall directly. They're the admins who are in the position to trouble shoot the issue.

Hiatus until when? September when a new episode comes out?

I already did PM BearyBear.
Re: Act 2 failure PostMon Jan 13, 2014 11:51 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm303
JOSHSKORN wrote:

Probably.

I checked on the posts of BearBear. He has only 89, with his last post made on Thu Mar 29, 2012. I wonder if he's still around :?:

nall is the main admin. I know that when coming to SPS we're given a choice of the beta version or the classic version. Perhaps nall will be around working on the BBS. Who knows?

Try sending the pm to nall. Hope you hear from somebody soon!

I see you've been a member since Oct 07, 2009. My original account was from sometime in late 2008. So you remember when this board was very active, and BearyBear and nall were around often. It seems that's not the case now.
Re: Act 2 failure PostMon Jan 13, 2014 12:05 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
JOSHSKORN wrote:

Yes, unfortunately.

JOSHSKORN wrote:

Given zzyzx 2's reply, your only recourse is to nall now, and who knows when he'll stop by again? Maybe for The Stick of Truth's launch in two months?

As an aside, someone must be around, as the amount of spam I''ve had to deal with dropped dramatically two months ago.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Act 2 failure PostMon Jan 13, 2014 11:10 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
JOSHSKORN wrote:

Yes, unfortunately.

JOSHSKORN wrote:

Given zzyzx 2's reply, your only recourse is to nall now, and who knows when he'll stop by again? Maybe for The Stick of Truth's launch in two months?

As an aside, someone must be around, as the amount of spam I''ve had to deal with dropped dramatically two months ago.

Thank you. I just PMed nall. I really don't understand why I see multiple posts on the South Park Facebook daily, yet after a month, we can't seem to get a single answer about this problem. They really need to just rollback the site to before implementing the beta. It worked fine, then, even though it did look a bit "dated".
1 Solution: Reset Hosts file PostThu Feb 27, 2014 3:36 am Offline
I am EXTREMELY happy to announced that I have fixed the problem for ME. I was clicking on a video from Facebook saw the same behavior on MTV's website. I sorta then realized it had nothing to do with SouthParkStudios.com.

Around the time this started happening, I'd installed Bitdefender Total Security 2014. Thought that was the culprit. It wasn't.

Then, I tried watching a full episode from another laptop on my network. No problems. The ads loaded, though unfortunately. There is no sort of ad blocker installed on this other laptop. It's not mine. But, I was able to watch Act II, no problem...after watching paint dry while the ads play.

I figured it could've been my Adblocker Plus. It wasn't. I Googled, and found a thread on the Adblocker Plus support forum. Here

From that, one of the last few posts on that thread talk about the Hosts file. I'd modified mine for some reason, not sure why at the time. I'd found a link to have Microsoft "Fix it" which I downloaded and ran. Then, restarted my computer, watched an episode of South Park, tried to navigate to Act II and BOOM! Problem solved!

Windows 7 How to fix Hosts file

It appears that everyone's situation is different. If you read through the ABP thread I linked to above, there's also something called GHOSTERY. Not sure what that is, but I guess it can also cause a problem with Flash players. THAT one didn't apply to me, it was the hosts file.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 13 posts