Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 14 posts
NSA Spying Birds? PostFri Feb 07, 2014 3:57 pm Offline
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm87
The other day i heard that NSA hacked Angry Birds and now you cant play it because they're spying on you
I think they called it "Spying Birds."
But I don't think this makes any sense...

1. Why is the NSA doing this? Is it overreacting or just plain evil?

2. How did they hack Angry Birds in the first place?

3. How can you watch someone's every move through ANGRY FRICKIN' BIRDS?!?!
Favorite Character(s): Kyle and Kenny
Favorite Episode: Scott Tenorman Must Die
Favorite Season(s): 1, 2, 3, and 8
First Episode Seen: Summer Sucks (officially)
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostFri Feb 07, 2014 4:24 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2012 3:14 pm99Antelope California
I had heard the same thing but had forgotten what the details were. Here is a link that says what they were doing.

http://newday.blogs.cnn.com/2014/01/28/ ... irds-game/

The website talks about leaky apps that give away smart phone identification codes and where someone had been that day. I guess that and other stuff is what the NSA might be collecting from phones now. We don’t know if they are and if they are it must be for mainly for fighting Al-Qaida. I don’t really care myself if the NSA spies on me or not. I have nothing to hide and I would think they would be just wasting their money or our taxes on it.
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostFri Feb 07, 2014 11:21 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Angry Birds is so passé. :P
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostMon Feb 10, 2014 9:57 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I know I feel safer... :roll: :roll: :roll:

every apologist for fascism in history wrote:
I have nothing to hide

The fact that they are looking everywhere should creep everyone out. The corpse of J. Edgar Hoover has a massive erection right now.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostMon Feb 10, 2014 3:37 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
I know I feel safer... :roll: :roll: :roll:

every apologist for fascism in history wrote:
I have nothing to hide

The fact that they are looking everywhere should creep everyone out. The corpse of J. Edgar Hoover has a massive erection right now.

I don’t think I am very fascist at all. What did I say to make you think that I am fascist? And I really don’t have anything to hide. People on the internet always say how they are scared of helicopters flying over their homes and their government monitoring their internet actions, what do they have to be afraid of? Most people don’t have things to hide and I think our government will not use their powers inappropriately. I have full faith in America and it is one of the best countries around. Corrupt politicians get caught these days and everything hit’s the news. Maybe I come across fascist but I’m not. I love America and can not think of another country I would rather be in. I like Obama and I approve of him as our president. I think he is doing a great job. I guess now there is little I can do to have you see me in a different light. But I hope in the future you change your mind of me. I have to admit, I enjoy the news articles about our government acting borderline abusive. I guess that makes me a fascist then but whatever happens in America is what I will be part of as I will never leave our country, even if it got horrible here. I just don’t want to leave. Do you think that I am fascist or America? America has some problems but they allow all people to be part of it and all religions. They do impose on other countries to be more like itself but does that really make America fascist? Our government using leaky apps to gain intelligence could help with finding wanted and missing people as it would give away locations of where that person had been. Gaining usernames and passwords could help in spying on other countries which could come in handy. I don’t really know all that our government is doing but it is for the better of us Americans.
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostSat Feb 15, 2014 5:24 pm Offline
You'll notice I changed the attribution of that quote away from your name specifically to avoid my response sounding like a personal jab.

I object to all the spying because I object to the government collecting this type of information en masse with the pretense of maybe using it to stop some terrorist bullshit. It is not needed at all and they have not stopped anything with this information.

First of all, the threat of terrorism is so small to begin with, it's hardly worth the enormous expenditure of resources America devotes to it. Especially considering the other far more dangerous things that run rampant in this country like automobile collisions, obesity and the fact that climate change is fucking up the polar jet stream and making winter shittier.

Second of all, I don't trust any entity stockpiling information on me and everyone else. I don't care if it's the US Government or Google or whoever. It is unnecessary for any of them to do that. I can shop for myself; I don't need Amazon to recommend me shit. I shouldn't have to trust the government or corporations not to do anything shitty with my information. THEY should trust ME enough not to collect that crap in the first place!

The fact that a constitutional lawyer like Barack Obama is going along with this data hoarding is a tremendous disappointment to me personally.
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostSun Feb 16, 2014 7:03 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm302
triplemultiplex wrote:
The corpse of J. Edgar Hoover has a massive erection right now.

The corpse? You don't think J. Edgar's really dead, do you, just because that what they want us to believe :P

j/k
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostWed Feb 19, 2014 8:22 pm Offline
Speaking of fascism, the protesters in Ukraine are pro fascist I hear. Maybe the Ukraine will turn into the new 3rd Reich? I don’t know how good this truce I’m hearing about in the news will be. Protesters are still out in the streets. The US is blaming the current government and Russia is blaming the protesters. This reminds me of Syria and the Arab Spring Uprisings.
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostSun Feb 23, 2014 10:00 am Offline
Don't know that much about the situation in the Ukraine, beyond some people want their country to be more like Europe and some want it stay about the same, complete with a cozy relationship with Russia. I thought it was the pro-Russia side that's presently in charge.

I think that was the place where an opposition candidate was poisoned with radioactive materials a few years ago. After which there were a LOT of suspicious fingers pointing at Putin.
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostSat Mar 01, 2014 8:44 pm Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
James, the problem with saying, "Well, I don't have anything to hide and I trust the government to use this information appropriately," is not what it means for you today, it is what it means for you twenty years ago, your children, and your grandchildren. When you start willingly giving your rights away to government, you do not get them back. That becomes the standard. It becomes normal. Then something else happens and they request authority, likely in secret like this program, to go even further.

How does a police state come into being? More often than not, it isn't violent. It is far more insidious as it is often unintentional, it moves slow, and it leaves far less for you to fight against. As time goes on, people who say, "Well, I don't have anything to hide and I trust the government to use this information appropriately," become the enablers of fascism.

So no. Maybe you have no cause for alarm now, and in all likelihood those that are gathering and using the intelligence right now have noble intent. But all it takes is an attitude like yours and one turn of an autocratic government and you have a police state with a friendly face. And that is the worst of all outcomes.
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostMon Mar 03, 2014 1:55 pm Offline
Fine I guess I’m fascist. I never thought I was fascist and I have to admit I had a bad memory of what a fascist was but now I know what one is and can remember what one is and probably will never forget it. I did take some “Am I a fascist quizzes” online and sometimes I was graded as fascist. So I am not that angry anymore of someone calling me fascist. I am part fascist. Thank you triplemultiplex and ShaneHanughey for helping me learn more about myself. Your right, I don’t really care what powers our government has and what they do and so I am fascist, sorry. Please don’t hate me for being fascist. As long as there are people like you, you will not have to worry of a takeover whether a slow one or a fast one. I don’t think America has to worry about becoming fascist but as long as people are gong to stand in the way of that it will not come to be. If it doesn’t happen then so what, I don‘t care. I don’t like to take part in politics but I do like to follow politics. I don’t vote and don’t voice my opinion on politics on a floor that is important. I always feel that America is headed in the right direction. And when something is not what I would want it to be I don’t obsess over it. I just focus on something else. Sorry that I feel I have nothing to hide. I don’t think anyone is after me and I like it. I like to live a life care free and without feeling like a criminal. I still will not refer to myself as fascist as it feels wrong and would probably get me into trouble. Most people that know me would not think of me as fascist. I’m not in strong opinion and strict of views. I’m atheist and never had a religion and don’t want one. I am never going to push views on others and never do. I just wanted to say how I saw it and how I felt. Nothing wrong with that. Don’t like it sorry, you don’t have to follow it, just let me have a platform for my opinion.
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostMon Mar 03, 2014 9:34 pm Offline
Mon Mar 03, 2014 9:15 pm2
Sounds like a bunch of bull to me.
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostTue Mar 11, 2014 4:12 am Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Because they can. If you had the equipment to spy on everyone and everything, wouldn't you do it? Starts to become addictive.

That's why I think they do it anyway.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: NSA Spying Birds? PostThu Mar 13, 2014 8:17 am Offline
Just to clarify, JamesPup, no one is calling you a fascist.

All we are saying is that just because you 'have nothing to hide' doesn't mean it's okay to go along with intrusive and unnecessary government spying.

(Nice sarcasm in that post, btw. As someone who throws it out a lot, gotta say that game recognizes game.)

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 14 posts