Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 4 49 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
any calvin and hobbes fans here? PostWed May 23, 2007 8:07 am Offline
Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:16 pm740
any calvin and hobbes fans on this board?
PostWed May 23, 2007 9:32 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Here! And I think Jay is one too.
PostWed May 23, 2007 11:44 am Offline
BRMBug wrote:
Here! And I think Jay is one too.

cool, i knew sp and c&h shared fans

wasn't there a reference to spaceman spiff in wacky molestation adventure?
PostWed May 23, 2007 11:47 am Offline
Sun Aug 20, 2006 1:37 pm2514
I love those comics...LOL

And yeah there was.
PostWed May 23, 2007 11:48 am Offline
Nommel wrote:
I love those comics...LOL

And yeah there was.

you think they would have made it a bit more obvious though.
PostWed May 23, 2007 11:58 am Offline
Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:33 am4355Liverpool, UK
I LOVE Calvin + Hobbes, so much. I keep on meaning to buy the volumes, but I always forget.

I remember posting a strip up somewhere, but can't remember what thread it was. It was the one where they're in a tent, then Hobbes says to Calvin: "Do you believe in ghosts?", then it shows them trembling in fear. :lol: Well, it was something like that, anyway. My memory is shot, right now.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
PostWed May 23, 2007 12:02 pm Offline
Jay C wrote:
I LOVE Calvin + Hobbes, so much. I keep on meaning to buy the volumes, but I always forget.

I remember posting a strip up somewhere, but can't remember what thread it was. It was the one where they're in a tent, then Hobbes says to Calvin: "Do you believe in ghosts?", then it shows them trembling in fear. :lol: Well, it was something like that, anyway. My memory is shot, right now.

that one is one of my favorites, along with this one

but you have to have read a lot to get the second one
PostWed May 23, 2007 1:07 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Calvin and Hobbes is pretty cool.
PostWed May 23, 2007 1:17 pm Offline
Sat Apr 21, 2007 2:05 pm553United States of America
I've seen some of those comic strips; generally they are funny if I do say so myself.

Every step back a step foward.
Every failure an extra opportunity for success.
Every day of defeat a victory!
PostWed May 23, 2007 2:24 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
The entire collection is at my parents' house. We accumulated them over the years through those Scholastic book order form things they'd pass out in elementary school. Since then, I've read them cover to cover many times.
Bill Waterson was a freakin' genius.

Anybody up for a game of Calvinball? :mrgreen:
You read it! You can't unread it!
PostWed May 23, 2007 2:40 pm Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
I'm a big Calvin and Hobbes fan. Gotta love a comic strip (or anything for that matter) that treats its audience as if it has both an imagination and a brain.

Bill Watterson, by the way, is from a city about nine minutes from where I was born. Chagrin Falls, Ohio. He refused to merchandize his characters and only ever released strips in papers or book form. I got crazy respect for that.

I read a funny interview with him and he was discussing those "Clavin Pissing on Ford/Chevy/GM" bumper/window stickers you see on trucks and sh*t (those are all unlicensed reproductions without Watterson's permission). He had a funy take on it, though.

"I guess I drastically underestimated the market demand for my Calvin peeing on things."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
PostWed May 23, 2007 4:53 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
The entire collection is at my parents' house. We accumulated them over the years through those Scholastic book order form things they'd pass out in elementary school. Since then, I've read them cover to cover many times.
Bill Waterson was a freakin' genius.

Anybody up for a game of Calvinball? :mrgreen:

same here, i've read them cover to cover about 5 times each or more. The new collection from 05 is amazing because it has dates and you can read them in friggin order. I'm up for calvinball. No rules, so we can play it online

Aym_Dand wrote:
I'm a big Calvin and Hobbes fan. Gotta love a comic strip (or anything for that matter) that treats its audience as if it has both an imagination and a brain.

Bill Watterson, by the way, is from a city about nine minutes from where I was born. Chagrin Falls, Ohio. He refused to merchandize his characters and only ever released strips in papers or book form. I got crazy respect for that.

I read a funny interview with him and he was discussing those "Clavin Pissing on Ford/Chevy/GM" bumper/window stickers you see on trucks and sh*t (those are all unlicensed reproductions without Watterson's permission). He had a funy take on it, though.

"I guess I drastically underestimated the market demand for my Calvin peeing on things."

Yes, while i still wonder what a "calvin and hobbes" television show would be like, i am extremely grateful for his loyalty to the characters and his not being a sellout. Calvin and Hobbes was not meant for anything else other than comics. Any sort of other media would completely destroy

a- calvin and hobbes voice (everyone has their own voice they imagined, i don't tho, i just read the text)
b- the circumstances by which hobbes becomes alive. We all know the problem there :P

Man, i thought watterson would keep his location secret. I've always wanted to contact him somehow, let him know how much i appreciate his work
PostWed May 23, 2007 4:57 pm Offline
Sat Feb 25, 2006 1:06 pm1782Indiana
Haha, a Calvinball roleplaying thread would be cool. I used to get the books from my middle school library all the time. I'd usually be reading one of them instead of doing my work.
PostWed May 23, 2007 5:48 pm Offline
Tue Mar 30, 2004 7:31 pm2247Santa Monica, CA
plk12345 wrote:
Man, i thought watterson would keep his location secret. I've always wanted to contact him somehow, let him know how much i appreciate his work

I know he's from there, but I don't know if he's still there. The city, though, looks a lot like the neighborhood where Calvin lived. Houses, yes, but also lots of streams, woods, grass... it's really beautiful.

Plus, I don't know his address, and it's not like there are signs all over the city pointing the way to his house, so I think his location is still more or less a secret, unless you want to drive to the city like Bob Wiley from "What About Bob?"

"DOCTOOORRRR LEEEEOOOOOO MARRRVIIINNN!!!!!!"

http://youtube.com/watch?v=nSD-Tk0Z3zI

http://www.gonefiction.com
PostThu May 24, 2007 7:20 am Offline
  • YIM
Thu Mar 15, 2007 4:05 pm79Las Vegas, NV (USA)
I'm a fan of C&H (Calvin & Hobbes).
Cartman respects the Cheese's Autoritah! http://content.ytmnd.com/content/b/4/5/ ... ad8844.wav

Sort by  
Page 1 of 4 49 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next