Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next
Who has changed your life? PostMon Jun 11, 2007 9:57 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:34 pm3976Andover MA
Has there been someone in your life that has caused you to change for the better? To become a more complete person? Share your happy stories...

Two people stand out in my recent memory. Dr. Wolfe was my history professor my freshman year and he got me so excited about history that I ended up majoring in it. I love history and love studying it.

The second person is Shelly Keniston who pushed me to apply to become a Resident Assistant. I got the job and that allowed me to become a more outgoing, outspoken person. I have met some of the finest people in my life through that job and a proud to call many of them my friends.
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
PostMon Jun 11, 2007 10:17 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Well, there have been alot of people who have changed my life, both in positive and negative ways.

My adopted brother James and my friend Sandoz helped me to stop being so quiet, shy and too eager to please other people. They both taught me not to take sh*t from other people and to be more honest about how I really feel. That is important, because in the past, face it I was a doormat. I would do to much to try to please other people, and I wouldn't stand up for myself.

And, my roommate Tanna and my friend Morgan have also helped..They are both really great people..They are way nicer than I am..They both try to see the good in everyone, and when there is a conflict they try to see both sides of the arguement. I would like to be more like them.
PostSat Jun 16, 2007 1:26 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sun Sep 28, 2003 12:34 pm3976Andover MA
to the top with you!
I don't think i'm very happy. I always fall asleep to the sound of my own screams. And then I always get woken up in the morning by the sound of my own screams. Do you think i'm unhappy?
PostSat Jun 16, 2007 1:45 pm Offline
Sat May 15, 2004 11:02 am4310U MWG OSS E NH NA USA EC NY SW in LI
My history teacher freshmen sophmore senior economics and government teacher mr. _______ don't want to say his name because I respect the mans privacy. I have learned a lot from this man, he has made learning extremely funny. The man is just a sarcastic hilarious assh*le.
The BBS' #1 Conan fan. The BBS' Official Retired assh*le.
PostSun Jun 17, 2007 2:49 am Offline
Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:24 am188Your house... I'm watching you MWAHAHAHAHA
My sister, she's encouraging and motivating me right now, because I'm trying to get healthy.
Big Will wrote:
Quote:
Goddamn you people suck. Especially Cool_Shan
PostSun Jun 17, 2007 8:15 am Offline
  • YIM
Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:33 pm2505Ohio
Various people I've met in my life.. ranging from those I've met online, such as my dear friend Kerlin who taught me to be more optimistic about life and has been a true inspiration to me, to my offline friend Mai who taught me to be more outgoing in life.

Another inspiration, as corny as this may sound, would have to be my girlfriend, as she's given me more happiness than I ever thought possible in our time together so far.
No moar sig lolz.

Until I make a better one anyways.

My soundclick profile.
PostMon Jun 18, 2007 9:14 pm Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:10 pm188Tacoma Washington
Changed my life for the better? Hard to say, I guess my parents for sure fit into that. A few of my friends are worthy of this title simply for being the type that don't care about fame or following any particular crowd. Hell, we pretty much started our own now that I think about it. :roll:
Re: Who has changed your life? PostThu Oct 24, 2013 12:44 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
My mom - I'm not ashamed to admit!
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: Who has changed your life? PostThu Oct 24, 2013 1:17 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Everyone i meet changes my life in a small way, for better, worse or somewhere in between. Those who interact with me more impact my life more.

My Grandad is paying for me to go to college which has a huge impact, as do my parents letting me live here while I get my degree, which I'm great full for. Obviously the way they raised me impacts who I am a lot. My teachers, especially the ones who got me young when i was most mailable, have probably had the second biggest impact, followed by my psychiatrists who often went out of their way to help me.

People I met online have have helped me come out of my shell more and change some undesirable aspects of my personality. One even talked me into showering, before which I was a smelly little pussycat. It's hard to tell if an impact has been good or bad sometimes; someone convinced me to take less sh*t from other people and I've become more of aggressive since, which could make me an assh*le. I wish I had more offline friends I could say changed me for the better. Anyone who actively tries to talk to me gets a brownie point because i hate initiating conversations, if they put up with me they get extra credit.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Who has changed your life? PostThu Oct 24, 2013 1:45 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.
Quote:
Anyone who actively tries to talk to me gets a brownie point because i hate initiating conversations

I hear you.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: Who has changed your life? PostFri Oct 25, 2013 6:15 am Offline
Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:46 am2Portugal
Quote:
Has there been someone in your life that has caused you to change for the better?

Eric Cartman for sure.
Re: Who has changed your life? PostFri Oct 25, 2013 9:40 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
My girlfriend. Being with her has helped me realize I needed to get out of the rut I was in a couple years ago and go back to school. I also had to get rid of a couple assh*les whom I thought were friends, but really weren't. I'm in a much better place now.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: Who has changed your life? PostFri Oct 25, 2013 11:23 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
GeminiShamrock wrote:
My girlfriend. Being with her has helped me realize I needed to get out of the rut I was in a couple years ago and go back to school. I also had to get rid of a couple assh*les whom I thought were friends, but really weren't. I'm in a much better place now.

My own mother for the same reasons as yours, mirror

I'm glad you're in a better place ;)
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: Who has changed your life? PostSat Oct 26, 2013 9:59 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
Wow! Old thread, but a good one. Wonder why more people haven't posted here before.
I'm not going to mention the obvious ones like my family and friends...

There was one friend in specific who asked me if I wanted to start a band with him. I was 12 at the time, and played classical guitar. I said okay, and that moment changed my life entirely (although I wasn't aware of it at the time).

My two friends with whom I started my current metal band with. We had dream when we started, of course, but making it on international black metal scene was something we never thought we could accomplish.

One internet entity that made me come out of the closet. I don't know why, but seeing a guy a lot younger than me talk so openly about being gay made me feel like a pussy for not coming out before.
Re: Who has changed your life? PostSat Oct 26, 2013 11:04 pm Offline
Fri Mar 14, 2008 5:43 pm89
A few examples off the top of my head:

-A professor who taught me nearly everything I know about computing and technology and even connected me with clients for whom I've done practical, real-life work.

-The local musicians on the jam band circuits in my area of the world. I live in an area not thought to be esteemed for its local music, but there are a plethora of technically gifted guitarists, bassists, drummers, keyboardists, etc, all of whom can be heard playing by just discovering the right dive bar/dive restaurant on the right night. It's not just about hearing the music either. It's inspired me to work at learning an instrument.

-My friend who introduced me to pot. To those who don't toke at all, that might sound a bit weird to put down as a positive influence, but I'm an inherently angry, depressed, angst-ridden, and neurotic individual. To be able to escape stress and just lighten up on certain occasions is something I would never have dreamed was possible. I am not condoning drug use in the long term picture or the use of harder drugs, but this one drug [of sorts] works for me in the present.

-My family in its entirety, for obvious reasons. They haven't given up on me despite my countless struggles getting by in life.

-My therapists and psychiatrists, for putting up with my bi-polar shenanigans

-As cheesy and flat-out lame as this may sound, Trey Parker and Matt Stone. No, I do not know them, nor have I met them, but they've changed my life in a big way with their incredible television series, films and Broadway show. Laughter is always the best medicine.

-In a similarly cheesy sense, the internet has completely changed my life, in the most general of ways. In allowing me to vent "anonymously" (so to speak - obviously not ever completely so) to complete strangers, certain forums (including this one), imageboards, blogging outlets, and other internet outlets have both enhanced my ability to feel and desensitized me to the point where not much really shocks me anymore, all at once.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next