Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 4 52 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostSun Dec 30, 2007 11:31 pm Offline
Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:48 pm22in your chicken
they cancelled it because they tought it was to dark for kids lake when zim swapps organs with kids and gives that kid new eye balls. but really its not that dark and its even more popular than ever now, i wish they would bring it back, but i found out what would happen in the last eppisode i got a commic explaining it.

zim tells dib to look behind him and when dib looks back he concers the whole world and hes sitting on a giant thrown and hes king of the earth. then he says hes bored with earth and asks dib if he wants to go with him into space to drick sugary space sodas and ride giant space bunnys. din thinks about it and says yesand then theyre friends.

ill really not making that up its what would have happened in the last eppisode, ith creator wrote a coomic for it.
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 12:30 pm Offline
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 pm66A scary place
On the Volume 3 DVD on the commentary for "The Most Horrible X-Mas Ever", the creator said he was tired of making Invader Zim.
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 1:24 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
The creator Jhonen Vasquez was tired of making it?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 1:30 pm Offline
Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:48 pm22in your chicken
he might of been tired but still nickolodiean cancelled it
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 1:32 pm Offline
Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:20 pm4660
Who cares?
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 1:33 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Anywho...

Chicken_Man wrote:
they cancelled it because they tought it was to dark for kids lake when zim swapps organs with kids and gives that kid new eye balls. but really its not that dark and its even more popular than ever now, i wish they would bring it back, but i found out what would happen in the last eppisode i got a commic explaining it.

zim tells dib to look behind him and when dib looks back he concers the whole world and hes sitting on a giant thrown and hes king of the earth. then he says hes bored with earth and asks dib if he wants to go with him into space to drick sugary space sodas and ride giant space bunnys. din thinks about it and says yesand then theyre friends.

ill really not making that up its what would have happened in the last eppisode, ith creator wrote a coomic for it.

God your spelling sucks...

Wikipedia has this to say about all that:
Quote:
The show was cancelled due to its ratings and its dark tone and the violence in the show.

Also, it wasn't meant for kids. Just like South Park, it was meant to be
Quote:
an animated television series that would capture an older audience.

Think high-school and young college students.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 2:32 pm Offline
Another reason might be that:
Quote:
Despite the show's popularity and extended fanbase ranging from kids to adults, the show was axed after the 9/11 tragedy. It was believed that a show featuring a megalomaniacal alien attempting to destroy the world was 'too sensitive a subject' to be showing after the 9/11 attacks. Supposedly the 9/11 tragedy was cited by Nickelodeon as the primary reason why the show was cut.
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 5:36 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
^ I do remember the mentioning of all that.

Ah, well, at I've got the whole madness on DVD. (I like madness.)

Now, thanks to the knowledge of some of Vasquez's other works, I can find little hints of references here and there, like in "Dark Harvest," where in the beginning, you see the rabbit ("Fillerbunny") in his container.

Chicken Man, where did you find the "last story" comic? Now, I'm curious.
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Dec 31, 2007 8:04 pm Offline
  • YIM
Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:33 pm319Where the cows roam
WEAK
Myspace is for whores...that's why I have one.
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostTue Jan 01, 2008 6:37 pm Offline
AngusMcTavish wrote:
Now, thanks to the knowledge of some of Vasquez's other works, I can find little hints of references here and there, like in "Dark Harvest," where in the beginning, you see the rabbit ("Fillerbunny") in his container.

Yay, Fillerbunny!
AngusMcTavish wrote:
Chicken Man, where did you find the "last story" comic? Now, I'm curious.

I know you weren't talking to me, but...
Quote:
After the series's cancellation, Jhonen Vasquez did a four-page comic for the Nickelodeon Magazine.

Which you can get here: http://www.badbadrubberpiggy.com/goodies/print/
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostTue Jan 01, 2008 6:50 pm Offline
Sat Nov 24, 2007 8:14 pm168South Park, Colorado. Avenida Los Mexicanos right next Kenny's house!
I liked Invader Zim, I don't watch TV too much and maybe Brazil won't show it either or only show older episodes.
I liked the cartoon, I stoped because one day I had a dream with Zim, I didn't fall in love with him, he's cute but crazy. :P
The people from my country are so stupid that they don't like this cartoon, they really sucks! :P

What do Keanu Reeves, Anakin Skywalker and Kenny have in commom? They're the chosen one.

2007: 30 years for Star Wars and 10 years for South Park!

Old Kenny_funilovehim! and KennyLine_Goticgirl!
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostTue Jan 01, 2008 9:56 pm Offline
^ Thanks, Squee! This oughta be a fun read!
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostWed Jan 02, 2008 10:25 am Offline
No problem, Angus...
The comic was strange, but I guess that's what Zim is all about
:)
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostWed Jan 02, 2008 11:42 pm Offline
^ Heck, that's what Vasquez is all about!

Maybe you can help me with this: I have the Special Features disc with what they say are the "Unseen Seconds" to the "Horrible X-mas" ep, but I cannot tell the difference for the life of me. What's different?
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostThu Jan 03, 2008 9:38 am Offline
AngusMcTavish wrote:
^ Heck, that's what Vasquez is all about!

Yeah, I gotta agree with you there.
( http://www.questionsleep.com/ is his website )

AngusMcTavish wrote:
Maybe you can help me with this: I have the Special Features disc with what they say are the "Unseen Seconds" to the "Horrible X-mas" ep, but I cannot tell the difference for the life of me. What's different?

Well, I don't have the Special Features disk, but I searched around the web and someone said that the background music in some scenes were different, Zim's voice during his speech was different, and a very quick scene of "45" being crushed that was cut.
Who's 45?

Sort by  
Page 1 of 4 52 posts 1, 2, 3, 4  Next