Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 2 of 4 52 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostThu Jan 03, 2008 11:00 am Offline
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
Haha, Invader Zim is awesome, and people out there are too whiny. I donno, I mean, yeah, 9/11 was pretty bad, and I can understand why they deleted that big WTC scene from the first Spider-Man movie, but an alien attempting to take over the world (and failing, I might add) doesn't seem to have much relation to the 9/11 incident, in my opinion. It's not like he's crashing planes into two identical looking towers that are standing beside each other.

Yeah, the show is pretty dark for a Nick toon, and that's probably the other reason it was eventually iced, since they do tend to be censorship whores, and that's never fun. Not something you'd show to a five year old (this coming from someone who played South Park 64 with his 4-year-old nephew). It makes you wonder how Ren and Stimpy got away with so much...but then again, the 90's was way different. Cartoons in general back then were more creative and many were meant to be for both children and adults. Now the only thing Nickelodeon's got going for them is that damn sponge. GIR could kick SquarePants' square ass!
Image
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostThu Jan 03, 2008 12:40 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 pm66A scary place
^There's no doubt that Gir would have kicked SpongeBob's square ass (especially if Gir was in duty mode)

They deleted an awesome battle scene from Invader Zim because of 9/11
:x
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostFri Jan 04, 2008 2:56 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
Haha, Invader Zim is awesome, and people out there are too whiny. I donno, I mean, yeah, 9/11 was pretty bad, and I can understand why they deleted that big WTC scene from the first Spider-Man movie, but an alien attempting to take over the world (and failing, I might add) doesn't seem to have much relation to the 9/11 incident, in my opinion. It's not like he's crashing planes into two identical looking towers that are standing beside each other.

Yeah, the show is pretty dark for a Nick toon, and that's probably the other reason it was eventually iced, since they do tend to be censorship whores, and that's never fun. Not something you'd show to a five year old (this coming from someone who played South Park 64 with his 4-year-old nephew). It makes you wonder how Ren and Stimpy got away with so much...but then again, the 90's was way different. Cartoons in general back then were more creative and many were meant to be for both children and adults. Now the only thing Nickelodeon's got going for them is that damn sponge. GIR could kick SquarePants' square ass!


Well that is Nickelodeon for you. Ren and Stimpy did get away with alot, but Nickelodeon eventually fired the creator of the show and his animation studio over a censorship issue, and had the last few seasons made by their own animation studio. The show sucked then. I haven't really watched much Invader Zim, but I when I did, I didn't see anything so bad in it that I wouldn't let kids watch it..It was slightly dark, so what..So was The Nightmare Before Christmas. Many of the fairy tales children were read just a century ago were pretty dark ( ever read the original versions of some of Grimm's Fairy Tales? ), until they were censored that is. Kids can handle that kind of stuff alot better than certain stupid over protective adults think they can.
Image
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostSat Jan 05, 2008 12:43 am Offline
  • WWW
  • YIM
  • Profile
Tue Sep 06, 2005 12:50 pm3709America's Next Door Neighbour, Canada
I wonder if there are censored versions of the bible. :P
Image
If you want me to do a signature for you, PLEASE READ THIS FIRST!
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostSat Jan 05, 2008 12:44 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:36 pm3912California, where the homeless are.
Wow, this thread just popped up all the sudden. I remember this show, but I though it was canceled a LONG time ago.
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostSat Jan 05, 2008 6:41 am Offline
  • Profile
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Mr. Hat_DX27 wrote:
I wonder if there are censored versions of the bible. :P

"Cleaned up Deuteronomy" lol.
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostSat Jan 05, 2008 8:56 am Offline
  • Profile
Thu Aug 02, 2007 5:29 pm264new york
invader zim is funny but they should have not cancelled it.
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Jan 07, 2008 9:55 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:22 am25
I love Invader Zim and I hate Nickelodeon for cancelling it. Sure it was a little dark, but what were they expecting from a guy like Jhonen Vasquez? from what I've heard they asked him to do a kids show after seeing his comics...somehow I don't think things like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is really suitable for kids, although I love it to death and would have read them as a kid, but if they were gonna axe it coz it was too violent or dark, I don't see the point in asking him in the first place.

But with that said, hopefully he will bring out some new stuff in the near future, because his stuff is so awesome, and I'll always have the dvds and stuff to look back on :D
Image
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostMon Jan 07, 2008 2:38 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 pm66A scary place
ApocalypticMongoloid wrote:
Sure it was a little dark, but what were they expecting from a guy like Jhonen Vasquez? from what I've heard they asked him to do a kids show after seeing his comics...somehow I don't think things like Johnny the Homicidal Maniac is really suitable for kids, although I love it to death and would have read them as a kid, but if they were gonna axe it coz it was too violent or dark, I don't see the point in asking him in the first place.


I was wondering why on earth they would ask Jhonen for a kids show...His comics are definitely not for kids (Though they are awesome) and it's easy to tell when one (Probably his most famous one) is called "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac"
But, I'm glad they did ask him, because Invader Zim was the best cartoon on Nickelodeon, and will be the best forever...
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostTue Jan 08, 2008 12:14 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Dark, disturbing, at times nonsensical...indeed, IZ was unique for a family program.

I happen to have the trade PB for JTHM, and that's one I wouldn't mind seeing an animated version of, perhaps a movie version...

Favorite Zim ep: "Walk of Doom."

GIR: Oh, I left that at home.
Zim: You left what at home??
GIR: The guidey...chippy thingy.
Zim: What...why would you do that?!
GIR: To make room for the cupcake! (pulls cupcake out of his head and eats it)
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostTue Jan 08, 2008 5:44 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 pm66A scary place
JtHM would make an interesting TV series or movie, that probably won't happen. But I remember reading in the back of "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac: Director's Cut" when Jhonen was commenting on an older JtHM comic strip, he said he has a true love for film. But still, he also said on his Livejournal that he's done with Nny *Sigh*

Favorite Episode: Zim Eats Waffles
Favorite Invader Zim quotes:

Zim: Be gone with you! I've had enough of your nonsense from your smelly mouth filled with...corn!
Dib: But I haven't been eating corn
Zim: [shouts] Liar!

Zim: You're nothing Earth boy! Go home and shave your giant head of smell with your bad self!
Dib: Okay... There's all kinds of things wrong with what you just said.

Zim: I put a tracking device on you.
Dib: You did? Where is it?
[GIR is grabbing the back of his head]
Gir: Your head smells like a puppy!

Dib: You're just jealous...
Zim: This has nothing to do with jelly!

Dib: You can't make me look! I'll just shut my eyes.
Zim: Oh, you'll open them. You have to breath sometime.
Dib: No, I - Wait... What do eyes have to do with breathing?
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostWed Jan 09, 2008 12:49 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:22 am25
Squee wrote:

I was wondering why on earth they would ask Jhonen for a kids show...His comics are definitely not for kids (Though they are awesome) and it's easy to tell when one (Probably his most famous one) is called "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac"
But, I'm glad they did ask him, because Invader Zim was the best cartoon on Nickelodeon, and will be the best forever...


yeah, Inveder zim will always be the best show on Nickelodeon ever by far. JtHM would make an awesome movie or TV show, aswell as Squee :P I remember hearing JV talk about an idea for a animation thingy (that he's not going to do..I don't think) where they used kids as meat in a fast food resturaunt...that would have been great :)

I can't decide what my favourite episode is...they're all too great...maybe rise of zitboy
favourite quotes: Zim: And then watch you transform, more and more, into what you really are deep down in your heart!
Dib: Deep down I'm bologna?
Zim: Yes.
Dib: That's just ... dumb.
Zim: Dumb like a moose, Dib! Dumb like a moose!

Dib:go on...laugh. but one day you'll be sitting in your house feeling all safe and secure and you'll look over and I'll be there...DOIN' STUFF!
Zim: STUFF! in MY home? NEVER!
Image
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostWed Jan 09, 2008 12:55 am Offline
  • Profile
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Another favorite quote:

(kids at recess playing with a dodgeball; one of them gets hit in stomach)

Kid: My organs! (falls over)
Zim (laughing): Stupid human organs! (ball hits him) Aah! My squeedly-spooch! (falls over)
Dib (on bench with Gaz): "Squeedly-spooch??" That's not a human organ...No human has a squeedly-spooch!
Gaz (non-chalant): I have a squeedly-spooch.

(Dib eyes her suspiciously)
Re: why did they cancell invader zim, i have the aswer. PostWed Jan 09, 2008 1:08 am Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:22 am25
AngusMcTavish wrote:
Zim (laughing): Stupid human organs! (ball hits him) Aah! My squeedly-spooch! (falls over)
Dib (on bench with Gaz): "Squeedly-spooch??" That's not a human organ...No human has a squeedly-spooch!
Gaz (non-chalant): I have a squeedly-spooch.

(Dib eyes her suspiciously)


haha "you had it delivered to school?"
Image
The power of Zim compels you!! PostWed Jan 09, 2008 2:05 pm Offline
  • Profile
Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:45 pm66A scary place
ApocalypticMongoloid wrote:
JtHM would make an awesome movie or TV show, aswell as Squee :P I remember hearing JV talk about an idea for a animation thingy (that he's not going to do..I don't think) where they used kids as meat in a fast food resturaunt...that would have been great :)

Squee would be an awesome TV show or movie. We would see his afraid little life and all his strange nightmares, all colored and animated. That would be interesting...And that animation thingie would be great, Jhonen should really make it, or a least a comic about it...

More quotes:
[Zim's telescope is malfunctioning]
Zim: Gir! Come to the observatory!
[Gir's head pops out of ceiling]
Gir: Yeees?
Zim: What have you done to the telescope?
Gir: Nothin'...
Zim: You haven't touched it? Something is broken and it's not your fault?
Gir: I know, I'm scared too!

Dib: [gasping] Sorry I'm late... horrible... nightmare visions!
Ms. Bitters: It's called life, Dib. Now sit down.

Gir: [Zim's compass magnetically sticks to Gir] Aww, it likes me.

Zim: Sometimes I'm scared to think of what goes on in that tiny robot brain of yours
GIR: [looks out at the cows in the field. In his mind, they turn into weenies wearing tuxedoes and top-hats]
Weenies: [in GIR's mind] Dance with us, GIR! Dance with us into oblivion!
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 2 of 4 52 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X