Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 14 posts
F.A.Q. about România? PostMon Oct 06, 2008 4:50 am Offline
Sat Sep 27, 2008 10:05 am152România
i just found this question in F.A.Q. archive:
Quote:
Wednesday, August 27, 2008:
Why did you make fun Rumania in Season 4 - Episode 3 ? ('m from Rumania ) keep on kickin ass
What's "Rumania"? whatever it is, it sounds pretty funny.

:lol: now, is that really a frequently asked question?? :?

Anyways, i can ensure you that no (real) romanian fan of SP is sore because of that episode. There are yet lots of crappy aspects about România that deserve making fun of, but which are not the target of that episode.

Reporting from "the assh :assface: le of the world" was Quintuplets Father. :wink: Back to you, Tom.
and btw: i broke the dam...
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostMon Oct 06, 2008 6:54 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Oh yeah. In fact, a lot of Romanians still sign up and post just to tell us how much they hated that episode or how wrong they think Matt and Trey got it.
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostMon Oct 06, 2008 7:49 am Offline
Really? .. hmmm.. well, too bad...

It's true that many (including me) might feel bothered by things like seeing wrong symbols associated with the already "suffering" image of a country, like that red star that appears at one point in the scene with the romanian leaders (yea.. we like to brag and to believe that we are not under communist leadership anymore.. but we're still haunted by ghosts from the past), or the russian accent (the common history of Romania and Russia is not a happy one) especially since the romanians aren't even a slavic language speaking people...

I could see (if i can rely on the accuracy of the polls on this forum) that the average age of the members is quite low, my guess is that the "kids", being more impulsive, tend to take a stance and start complaining alot easily (and if not, i certainly like to think that :? ), thus resulting in nominating this subject for FAQ list.

Ignoring whiners is the right thing to do in such case; after all, Matt and Trey's duty was not to create an accurate monography of romanians life, as also their purpose is not to make everyone happy (more like on contrary :) ), and not they are to be blamed for Romania's image, they only "documented" a wrong way public opinion thinks about romanian facts...

I didn't create my account (few days ago) to complain about this episode (i found the issue browsing randomly through FAQ archive, looking for something about the search features of this forum), i did it because i am really obsessed about SP, i love its history and what it became over the last years.

I am proud to be one of the people living in one of the few countries made fun of in this show (US, Canada, Mexico, Iraq, Ethiopia, China, Romania and probably more.. )

Respect.
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostTue Oct 07, 2008 5:07 am Offline
Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:24 pm17west coast
România is awesome!!!
Vlad Dracul has got to be my favorite national hero of any country!!!
Yeah, I use drugs. I can do what I waunt, biatch! Yeah, I have sex, and I don't use protection! It's my hot body; I'll do what I waunt! I don't go to school and I kill people! What-evah! I'll do what I waunt!
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostTue Oct 07, 2008 6:36 am Offline
Indica wrote:
România is awesome!!!

Well, just like any other country, it has its good parts and its bad parts...
Indica wrote:
Vlad Dracul has got to be my favorite national hero of any country!!!

Yes, Vlad Ţepeş (as he is known by most of the romanians) played an importat role during very delicate times for Valahia (Wallachia - southern Romania), having to resist against Ottoman Empire expansion. I had the chance to find out that turksih people (or atleast those who payed attention on school :) ) still remember of him as "Kazıklı Voyvoda" meaning the "Impaler Prince", because of his favourite punishment.. both for outside enemies or "misbehaving" noble class...

For those who don't know, he was also known as "Drăculea" which in later literature became the inspiration for Dracula character...
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostWed Jan 28, 2009 3:20 pm Offline
Wed Jan 28, 2009 2:40 pm17
@q_f,im glad that im not the only romanian that watches SP and it's not a little whiny romanian noob :),yeah our country isn't like that,but we aren't a 1st grade country also :)...let's say we are second grade :)

in my eyes world is divided in 4 wealth grades:
1.welthy countries,that dont have any sort of problems(USA,Canada,Spain,Germany,UK...)

2.countries that are in the desvoltation course(they were a 3rd grade country but they climbed up and will eventually,in time they will be a first grade country)...(Romania<in 1997 we were in the 3rd grade :)>,Croatia,Serbia...)

3.countries that "have what to eat" but they aren't too rich also...(Albania,Cuba,Uzbekistan,Bosnia...)

4.really poor countries,that have big problems(Namibia,Zambia,Mozambique...most of the african countries)

yeah...i hope that everyones agrees with me and all this subject will be closed ;)
just a random romanian guy :)
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostThu Jan 29, 2009 3:05 am Offline
Wed Jan 14, 2009 4:09 pm920
No the USA has big inequality we have fewer problems then the UK over here!…… stop ignoring my country……… Oo, I thought you guy’s knew how it felt to be ignored as a country, I was obviously mistaken.
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostThu Jan 29, 2009 4:08 pm Offline
JohnHorn wrote:
No the USA has big inequality we have fewer problems then the UK over here!…… stop ignoring my country……… Oo, I thought you guy’s knew how it felt to be ignored as a country, I was obviously mistaken.

yeah yeah we all know that USA is perfect!

"Oo, I thought you guy’s knew how it felt to be ignored as a country, I was obviously mistaken." aww now you've hurt my feelings,im going to go somewhere dark and cry :(

UK is a very nice country btw,first go visit it and then play the smart-ass! :roll:
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostFri Jan 30, 2009 2:46 pm Offline
Their are more then 200 countrys int he world only about 2 occour most often[USA. RUSSIA] their are then about another 3…
[Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan] that occour next on the list and…… then their [zimbabwe] the only country that is african which get’s an article outside the travel edition.
and then we have. many people know about east and west germany and how it was divided, but even greater strugles took places in polland… you get the point„ …… we are…… down down down the list of countrys to be mentioned on our own newspapers and then it’s guy from north blows up building.
am and lastly Yes I was joking I didn't know you would take offence, I though you knew that I knew that you did know that you knew that It was, easy to ignore a people.

and I was their 3 times once on holidays once on a conference[interesting but…… Is boring the right word?], so I have had a very good experience in england and I have been to wales. for a short visit.
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostSat Jan 31, 2009 4:06 am Offline
John...i didn't classified the countries after how popular they are...but about how rich they are!

any country can have all the attention in a moment...for ex. Georgia because of the war,Israel also(right now)

Romania isn't now in the center of the attention because in the last 3 years nothing major happened in Romania.last major thing with us happened like in 2006,when 3 journalists were kidnapped in Iraq.from what i've heard they were all over the news,i saw them on CNN international and stuff...but from there really nothing major happened!

and don't worry,i don't get offended that easly,i was joking also :)

and well...i was twice in the UK(in London) because some relatives of mine live there,and it was an actually nice trip :),i enjoyed England(yeah it's a little borring though)

Rob.
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostTue Feb 03, 2009 3:12 pm Offline
Well… I think we had a mutual miscomunication then because I wasn't talking about popularity.
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostSun Jan 17, 2010 5:03 am Offline
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am4
:assface: Now u fcking americans think u are the best huh? U think that America is the greatest country in the world huh?Just think about Vietnam the Russian kicked ur ass without even fighting you :P You say that you are better that the whole world but in fact who are the "Americans" ? The white ppl?The asians?The black ppl?The mexicans?You are hybrid nation,if we go back to history we will find out that at the begining only the criminals were sent to America!So before u start making fun of other countries look at urself x( SO GET A LIFE AND GET OF THOSE FASTFOODS YOU OBESE HYBRID MAMMAL :timmy: btw _l_ :assface:
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostSun Jan 17, 2010 5:09 am Offline
Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:44 am4
:assface: And Quintuplets Father I understand why u trying to descourage ppl to post replyies to this episode..... u probably gave the producers those infos and u are trying only to protect ur epissode
go fck urself :assface: :roll:
Re: F.A.Q. about România? PostSun Jan 17, 2010 8:16 am Offline
Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:14 am484Maastricht, The Netherlands
rob_romanian_dude wrote:
@q_f,im glad that im not the only romanian that watches SP and it's not a little whiny romanian noob :),yeah our country isn't like that,but we aren't a 1st grade country also :)...let's say we are second grade :)

in my eyes world is divided in 4 wealth grades:
1.welthy countries,that dont have any sort of problems(USA,Canada,Spain,Germany,UK...)

2.countries that are in the desvoltation course(they were a 3rd grade country but they climbed up and will eventually,in time they will be a first grade country)...(Romania<in 1997 we were in the 3rd grade :)>,Croatia,Serbia...)

3.countries that "have what to eat" but they aren't too rich also...(Albania,Cuba,Uzbekistan,Bosnia...)

4.really poor countries,that have big problems(Namibia,Zambia,Mozambique...most of the african countries)

yeah...i hope that everyones agrees with me and all this subject will be closed ;)

Yeaah! Peru is climbing to the 2nd position!! Yeah! XD! the one out of 3 countries not so much affected by the recession (China, India and Peru). One of the fastest growing economies in Southamerica.
(sorry, i´m patriotic) but yeah, we also have 2 major problems: our bureaucracy and our corrupt leaders XD.

Btw, i realized a lot of words in the romanian language are very similar (if not identical) to ours XD.
Fav. character: Me(eric) Cartman!
2nd fav Character: Chef
3rd fav character: mexicans
saludos^^

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 14 posts