Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 29 of 35 512 posts Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostTue Aug 21, 2012 11:02 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
I had problems with Flash for a couple of months, but it turns out Real Player was messing with Flash's settings, so I took care of that.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostTue Aug 21, 2012 2:39 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
I also had a problem with flash on Firefox, but it was working on Chrome. I have no idea why, and since I got a new computer now, and there has been no problem with it.
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostTue Aug 21, 2012 7:11 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
half of VW's website is still blank for me with FF. Only slightly more of it works with Chrome. I haven't even fired up IE yet. Dunno if it's flash, or what though. Everything here seems to be working fine though.
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostSun Aug 26, 2012 6:45 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
:evil: :evil: FUCK!!! :evil: :evil:
Turned on the TV today and had the shit scared out of me by a giant pop. The TV came on, but I was like, undo, undo! Turn it off! A wisp of smoke emanated from the back.
When I took off the plastic case from the back that's what I found. Some sort of resistor or transistor or some fucking thing blew up.

After consulting the internets and an uncle who is an electrical engineer, a new board is on order. But I am now without television for the next several days. The fuck...

I won't bore anyone with details, but this is just not a good time for this to happen. This is symbolic of life in general. Three steps forward, two steps back. One day is a small victory and it looks like things are getting a little better and the next, your goddamn television explodes for no reason.

Fuck you God in the ass, mouth and cunt. You too, Samsung.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostSun Aug 26, 2012 8:31 pm Offline
Whelp, hell. If we lived closer, I'd let you borrow my old Sharp for a while.
The damage to the board doesn't look too bad, except for the fact that the component disintegrated so there's no telling what it was, or what value it was. I bet it can be fixed for less than the cost of a new set. But if you do go new, I'd suggest LG. I've had good luck with mine. I've heard good things about Vizio too, but I like the quality of the picture on LG's better. Plus they seem to have better speakers than all the other TVs I've looked at.

Speaking of Flash, is anyone else having issues with embedded video players, or YouTube? It seems that when I click "Play", I can't scroll down with my track pad. I have to physically go over and drag the bar down. The only way to "unlock" it is to click on something on a new tab. :?
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostTue Aug 28, 2012 11:02 am Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2915East Hartford, CT
Firefox 15 is out now. And it finally fixes memory leaks in add-ons that have caused my computer to waste more free space than usual! :cartmansmile:

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1001_3-575014 ... ld-memory/

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostWed Aug 29, 2012 1:25 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Ah, my TV is back up and running. I replaced the entire circuit board where the problem occurred for like 60 bucks. On top of having it working again, I also have the satisfaction of having fixed it myself. I'm downright giddy over this accomplishment. In your face, built-in obsolescence!

It was a simple matter of unplugging some wires and removing half a dozen screws to replace the damaged board with the new one. Now it's good as new; the TV even remembered all the channel settings and crap. That must be stored somewhere else in there. Also I'm stoked the new board arrived so soon. I wasn't expecting it until next week.

Maybe I'll frame the old circuit board up on the wall as some sort of abstract art.
Or as a trophy of my sedentary habits.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostWed Aug 29, 2012 8:46 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Maybe I'll frame the old circuit board up on the wall as some sort of abstract art.
Or as a trophy of my sedentary habits.

You could turn it into a clock like I did with this old board...
http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d171/ ... LmpwZw.jpg
I lucked out in finding an old digital clock with a broken button cell holder to use in the thing. That AA's been powering that thing for almost 10 years now.
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostThu Aug 30, 2012 11:06 am Offline
Urgent news! Attackers have found an exploit in Java that can lead to malware attacks on vulnerable computers. And worse, Oracle has moved the update schedule to four months, which means that it cannot announce a security patch until October. The good news is that the exploit does not affect Java Version 6, only Java Version 7 and all its updates. If you have Java Version 7, my advice is either to disable it in your browser or to remove it completely so as not to get your computers infected. Here are the links:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/08/atta ... a-exploit/

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/08/java ... two-flaws/

Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostThu Aug 30, 2012 12:31 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
If Oracle knows what's good for it, it will bring a patch out quickly.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostThu Aug 30, 2012 3:52 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
If Oracle knows what's good for it, it will bring a patch out quickly.

Well, it appears that Oracle has finally wised up and released a security patch not just for Java Version 7, but for Version 6 as well. :cartmanhappy:

http://krebsonsecurity.com/2012/08/secu ... -released/

Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostWed Sep 12, 2012 1:54 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Watched the coverage of the new Apple releases; new iPhone 5, taller than the 4S, another row of apps available now with the longer phone.

New iPod Touch 5th generation, in colors :o

iOS 6 available on Sept. 21.

New iTunes.

So much to say, so much I saw. Very cool. Here, look:

http://www.apple.com

Also, info on the iPod Touch 5th Generation

No more 30 pin connector; it is an eight pin connector called: Lighting.

And lightning is a reversible plug; no longer do you have to figure out the one right way to plug it in like with mini USB's. Just plug lightning into the device anyway you like.

There is an adapter for 30 pin to lightning available for $29.

iPhone 5 available Sept. 21, iPod Touch 5th gen out October. I guess by releasing the iPhone in Sept. the sales will go into Apple's 3rd quarter earnings.
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostSat Sep 22, 2012 7:13 pm Offline
Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.278 is out now. Please visit this link here if you want to upgrade Flash Player.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostMon Sep 24, 2012 2:55 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
So which search engine is better for you: Bing or Google :?:

Here is a website to find out. You enter five searches. All five will go through both Bing and Google. Only you don't know which search engine is being used. You are shown the search results in two columns. One is on the left of your screen, one is on your right. One is Bing, one is Google. But you don't know which is which. You merely check the box of the search results you like better. The one on the left, or the one on the right. And if you can't decide which has better search results for you, you can also check the box labeled: "draw."

After five searches, you'll find out whether you prefer Bing or Google searches:

http://www.bingiton.com

And yes, this website is sponsored by Bing. Nevertheless, check it out :)
Re: Comp and Tech thread. Everything digital goes here. PostMon Oct 08, 2012 8:18 pm Offline
Adobe Flash Player 11.4.402.287 is out now. Please visit this link here if you want to upgrade Flash Player.

http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

:)

Sort by  
Page 29 of 35 512 posts Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 ... 35  Next