Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 6 88 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSat Feb 20, 2010 3:56 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I'm trying out a couple of new threads just for the sheer heck of it, having seen these elsewhere. Just let us know of your most recent movie purchase.

Me: Vincent Price's version of "House of Wax" (1953), which also comes with the original "Mystery of the Wax Museum" (1933).

Although it was originally shown a special way, I don't think the VP version comes with a 3-D option.
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSat Feb 20, 2010 4:14 pm Offline
Fri Mar 30, 2007 5:14 pm6615B.C.
this is it with micheal jackson
My favorite sp characters: Bridon(he's so cute!)
Kyle,Stan, Kenny/Mysterion.

Fave ep: ESM Season 12,Sec fave: Butterballs Season 16
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSat Feb 20, 2010 4:32 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
I bought l am legend its quite good.
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSun Feb 21, 2010 12:11 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
I bought the original 1941 classic The Wolfman..It was a pretty good movie, and it had some really interesting documentaries on the Universal Monster movies.

I might pick up a new horror movie tomorrow, since I have the day off, and I am going shopping. My friend and I are going to a mall I am not too familar with ( except for their Occult book store) so I am hoping there is a good dvd store with lots of harder to find movies.
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSun Feb 21, 2010 9:34 am Offline
Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:08 am1
i just bought my first blue ray, law abiding citizen, and it is a GREAT movie...
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSun Feb 21, 2010 11:51 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
The last movie I bought was UP on Bluray, but the last DVD I bought was the box set of V the series.
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSun Feb 21, 2010 7:41 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
American Graffiti (1973)
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostSun Feb 21, 2010 7:52 pm Offline
Sat Jul 07, 2007 5:42 pm545Elsewhere
Got Australia last Christmas.

Hugh Jackman = <333
Illegitimi non carborundum.
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostMon Feb 22, 2010 4:03 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Having just come off of a pro-pirating rant as it relates to music, I find I'm much more amenable to purchasing movies. Why? Bonus features.

Give me deleted scenes, featurettes, commentaries and junk like that and you've got yourself a deal. Two disk special edition? Oh yeah. If not, you better get the f*ck outta here with that sh*t.

I, like many thousands, got burned on that 20th season of the Simpsons last month. They've always been great for special features and crap. So I just assumed the 20th season would have that as well, despite being released out of order (next season due is 13). Lo and behold, there's jack f*cking squat. It was just a cash grab by FOX. f*cking assh*les. sh*t like this is why we consumers feel justified downloading your sh*t for free, entertainment industry. It's a simple proposition. I'll gladly shell out the thirty or forty bucks for a season of a show I like, for example, but you gotta make it worth my while.

So f*ck your industry for trying to shut down torrent sites. Why don't you spend your money producing content worth paying for instead?

Whew, after all that, the last movie I bought was American Gangster. Good film, should've owned it sooner, but I somehow forgot.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostMon Feb 22, 2010 7:25 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18780I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
triplemultiplex wrote:
Having just come off of a pro-pirating rant as it relates to music, I find I'm much more amenable to purchasing movies. Why? Bonus features.

Give me deleted scenes, featurettes, commentaries and junk like that and you've got yourself a deal. Two disk special edition? Oh yeah. If not, you better get the f*ck outta here with that sh*t.

Hell :arrow: yeah! I really wish ABC and NBC would get their sh*t together and release The Unusuals and Raines on DVD. They're on iTunes, but I want extras, and I wanna be able to watch them on my TV while I'm internetting. Not to mention that I'd rather have the extra 8-14GB of space on my drive dedicated to music or pictures.
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostMon Feb 22, 2010 8:51 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Ice age 3
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostMon Feb 22, 2010 10:09 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:31 pm284
Years ago I bought Team America. Haven't bought one since.....
"It's not Jesus.... It's a portal monster." - SuperiourSavior

Also known asgtaca2005
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostTue Feb 23, 2010 12:26 am Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
I agree, the movie studios shouldn't be shutting down torrent sites. They already make obscene amounts of money off ticket and dvd sales. And, if they want people to spend money on their products ( which is what some films simply are, not art, because some main stream crap seems to exist just to make money) they need to make better films. I also don't don't buy many mainstream movies..But what I will spend money on is horror movies, I do buy a lot of movies from this genre, but only the ones I feel are worth my money. Why, because the same assh*les who run the studios and try to get torrent sites shut down and people prosecuted for downloading their stuff, also have the stupid idea that audiences don't want to see original horror movies. This is nothing new, both the original Dracula and Nightmare on Elmstreet may not have been made because people in charge of the studios thought that audiences wouldn't want to see those movies. It really seems like there are some real retards incharge of the studios, all those people understand is money, so if I want to see more movies that I will enjoy ( like something other than another remake ( not that there aren't some horror remakes I really, really like) or Saw sequel) the studio heads better think that those movies will make them money.
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostTue Feb 23, 2010 4:12 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
M00ndragon69 wrote:
I agree, the movie studios shouldn't be shutting down torrent sites.

They have every right to. The right to distribute their content is theirs and nobody else's.
Re: Newest DVD movie you've bought PostTue Feb 23, 2010 4:17 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Pip Tweek wrote:
M00ndragon69 wrote:
I agree, the movie studios shouldn't be shutting down torrent sites.

They have every right to. The right to distribute their content is theirs and nobody else's.

They gotta earn that 'right' in my opinion.
You read it! You can't unread it!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 6 88 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next