Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 19 282 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next
'90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 1:46 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Might as well have a 90s music thread

Lets start at the beginning of the decade with these 4 guys who very very BIG in 1990

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFsTr0kGAqU
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:00 pm Offline
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:17 pm1283Over the clouds...
Smells like teen spirit by Nirvana
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:01 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Most of the music I associate with the '90s is considered soft rock and pop. The early 80s was really the last good time for rock music. Not all 90s music is bad, though. I have a few favorites from the time.

Though it's not a favorite song of mine, if there's one song that defined the '90s, it was...

THIS

I must have spent half of 1996 with that damn song stuck in my head. It was played EVERYWHERE.
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:09 pm Offline
Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:17 pm1283Over the clouds...
wow dude you made me laugh xD that song was epic, especially the dance moves :mrgreen: there's not too many dance styles which makes me laugh and Macarena is into the list right next to Boney M moves :gaykenny:
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:18 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
Though it's not a favorite song of mine, if there's one song that defined the '90s, it was...

THIS

Oh god i remember dancing to that at my mates wedding in 1996

Quote:

This performance from totp in 1991 caused abit of controversy as they refused to lip sync

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtehDIWrX5U
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:24 pm Offline
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:26 pm2500the dangleberry of planet Earth
Azer wrote:

fuck yeah
Nirvana is my shit (allot of music is my shit)

you should buy their unplugged CD
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:33 pm Offline
Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:42 pm765Newcastle, Ireland
how can anyone think 90s without thinking the one and only OASIS!?

best band ever in my opinion
"I tried to watch the Spurs game in my hotel room but I fell asleep"-Arsene wenger
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:54 pm Offline
Fri Jan 20, 2006 9:33 am4354Liverpool, UK
^ are you f*cking kidding me. What a bunch of tossers they were and, to this day, still are.

Heavy Metal [the 'mainstream' genres, at least] pretty much died, thanks to most of the groups slowing down and cutting back on the drinks/drugs. Mr. Mustaine managed to put out arguably the best Thrash Metal release in 1990, though. Also, Coroner were considerate enough to 'release' [and by release, I mean bestow upon the lesser mortals that we all are] Mental Vortex and Grin, the latter in my opinion to be the best metal album released in the last 20 years [and the former being a masterpiece in itself~]. Besides those, though, I can't really think of many great albums that were released. There were some good Indie releases, though. Death Cab For Cutie's debut, especially, is a wonderful album.
Read my horrible webcomic you fat assh*le!
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 2:59 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
evilcupcake72 wrote:
Azer wrote:

fuck yeah
Nirvana is my shit (allot of music is my shit)

you should buy their unplugged CD

Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 3:04 pm Offline
SUICIDE IS SO HILARIOUS

edit:

edittt: cock, right click > view image
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 3:13 pm Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2914East Hartford, CT
Speaking of rock 'n roll games, here's a song from the 1999 video game Um Jammer Lammy, with the guitar played to perfection!

Got to Move

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 3:19 pm Offline
Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:42 pm765Newcastle, Ireland
Jay C wrote:
^ are you f*cking kidding me. What a bunch of tossers they were and, to this day, still are.

Heavy Metal [the 'mainstream' genres, at least] pretty much died, thanks to most of the groups slowing down and cutting back on the drinks/drugs. Mr. Mustaine managed to put out arguably the best Thrash Metal release in 1990, though. Also, Coroner were considerate enough to 'release' [and by release, I mean bestow upon the lesser mortals that we all are] Mental Vortex and Grin, the latter in my opinion to be the best metal album released in the last 20 years [and the former being a masterpiece in itself~]. Besides those, though, I can't really think of many great albums that were released. There were some good Indie releases, though. Death Cab For Cutie's debut, especially, is a wonderful album.

youre takin the piss right?
metal is just a bunch of twats banging their heads and screaming instead of singing
real rock n roll (like oasis) has nice catchy tunes to it, guitar solos to it and no depressing lyrics-you cant even hear the lyrics in most heavy metal songs clearly but you still know theyre negative

oasis were the shizz!
"I tried to watch the Spurs game in my hotel room but I fell asleep"-Arsene wenger
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 4:02 pm Offline
seamus yarr wrote:
metal is just a bunch of twats banging their heads and screaming instead of singing
real rock n roll (like oasis) has nice catchy tunes to it, guitar solos to it and no depressing lyrics-you cant even hear the lyrics in most heavy metal songs clearly but you still know theyre negative

oasis were the shizz!

Calling troll. There is no way somebody can be this stupid.

Honestly.

>Oasis
>guitar solo

Does not compute.

[p.s. you have not listened to any actual rock music if you think Oasis represent the genre - they are mediocre Beatles ripoffs to say the least]

[p.p.s. you have not actually listened to any metal beyond what is mainstream if you think all it consists of is headbanging/growling]
Re: '90`s Music PostSat Apr 03, 2010 6:30 pm Offline
Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:26 pm2500the dangleberry of planet Earth
Jay C wrote:
seamus yarr wrote:

oasis were the shizz!

Calling troll. There is no way somebody can be this stupid.

Honestly.

>Oasis
>guitar solo

Does not compute.

[p.s. you have not listened to any actual rock music if you think Oasis represent the genre - they are mediocre Beatles ripoffs to say the least]

[p.p.s. you have not actually listened to any metal beyond what is mainstream if you think all it consists of is headbanging/growling]

exactly what I was about to say
but I kind of like Oasis

Alice In Chains was pretty cool
so was Soundgarden, Chris Cornell= ooo laaa laaa
PopRocksAndSoda

Back off, snickerdick!
I wanna ride your Rapidash ;D
Re: '90`s Music PostSun Apr 04, 2010 10:21 am Offline
Sun Feb 01, 2009 8:41 pm529
The 90s was a slow time for metal but there were also a lot of good releases that came out of that decade as well.

My favorite metal albums of the 90s:

Death - Human
Forbidden - Twisted Into Form/Distortion
Machine Head - Burn my Eyes
Sepultura - Chaos A.D.
Nevermore - The Politics of Ecstacy
Megadeth - Rust in Peace

Unfortunately these seemed to be overshadowed by all the nu-metal crap that was blowing up at the time.

There was a lot of other great stuff in the 90s outside of the metal genre, as well. Mr. Bungle, Blind Melon, Radiohead, Dinosaur Jr., Fugazi, that was also left in the dust by the nu-metal craze.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 19 282 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19  Next