Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 7 105 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 1:50 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
As some of you might have noticed, today we are precisely two years away from the big Mayan bubblegum bang. And this time they say it's gonna be a real big one. Yeah, right.

Anywayz, why not talk about something apocalyptic - and by something I mean everything, whether religious or not: Armageddon, Ragnarok, 12/21/12, global warming, new ice age, WWIII, an asteroid impact, the collapse of the Sun, the second coming of Elvis Christ, a massive invasion of the killer hippies from Sirius - you name it… Every scenario (im)possible.

What say you? How is it all going to end? Or last forever.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 3:35 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
VACOOLA wrote:
What say you? How is it all going to end?

President Sarah Palin.
:parishilton:

:lol:
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 7:54 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
VACOOLA wrote:

What say you? How is it all going to end? Or last forever.

It's going to end when I blow up the f*cking moon!

(Jesus, this has to be the 20th time I've used that gimmick by now)
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 8:12 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
President Sarah Palin.

BRUTAL. :lol:

Pip Tweek wrote:
It's going to end when I blow up the f*cking moon!

Good luck with that!
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 8:56 pm Offline
Wed Apr 16, 2003 9:32 pm9640Sedro Woolley
triplemultiplex wrote:
VACOOLA wrote:

President Sarah Palin.

If her dumbass actually does get elected, I am starting a revolutiuon. f*ck her.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 9:03 pm Offline
M00ndragon69 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:
VACOOLA wrote:

President Sarah Palin.

If her dumbass actually does get elected, I am starting a revolutiuon. f*ck her.

There wouldn't be any point in trying to start a revolution. The thing to do, if you're ever desperate, is move to Canada or go "off the grid"
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 9:12 pm Offline
LOL..I thought this thread was just for fun and games, and not to be taken seriously...LOL..And I am not moving to Canada..I like Zazaban, and some Canadian people I meet in my area are nice..But I also meet some rude people from Canada, since I live so close to the US/Canadian border and so many Canadians come to my area to shop..I wouldn't want to live next door to those people...
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 9:17 pm Offline
Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:03 am2Miami!
It's already beginning to end. Too many stupid people out there.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 9:19 pm Offline
M00ndragon69 wrote:
LOL..I thought this thread was just for fun and games, and not to be taken seriously...LOL..And I am not moving to Canada..I like Zazaban, and some Canadian people I meet in my area are nice..But I also meet some rude people from Canada, since I live so close to the US/Canadian border and so many Canadians come to my area to shop..I wouldn't want to live next door to those people...

It is.... I was just saying, you know, there are options to getting all uppity and starting a god dang revolution.

No one has to be killed, just go off grid or immigrate to Canada. I'm not serious. :P
Last edited by Pip Tweek on Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 9:23 pm Offline
LOL..Well, maybe I hate alot about this stupid society, and if a large majority of people were actually stupid enough ( notice I said "IF") to elect that trashy ho president, then it is finally time for an uprising.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 21, 2010 9:26 pm Offline
Sorry to derail the thread...

So..how will the world end? Any predictions?

Personally, I think a lot of fire will be involved, no matter what happens. I definitely see a lot of burning and flames and people screaming and stuff.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 22, 2010 2:31 pm Offline
Before we ponder that question I feel we should specify what we mean by the "end of the world".

Does that mean the end of our current civilization?
Does that mean the end of the human species?
Does that mean the end of planet Earth?
Does that mean the end of the Universe?

Each is exponentially less likely and farther in the future and requires a larger catastrophe to instigate it.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 22, 2010 2:51 pm Offline
Not if I blow up the m- alright, now even I'M getting sick of it.

Is it possible for the universe to "end" by anything other than it's own natural course of...doing whatever the universe does? That's too heady a concept for me. :?

The end of our current civilization probably has the most interesting possibilities.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostThu Dec 23, 2010 1:55 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Before we ponder that question I feel we should specify what we mean by the "end of the world".

Does that mean the end of our current civilization?
Does that mean the end of the human species?
Does that mean the end of planet Earth?
Does that mean the end of the Universe?

Each is exponentially less likely and farther in the future and requires a larger catastrophe to instigate it.

That's one thoughtful classification there. I, personally, find the last option most attractive - my doomsday of choice, so to speak. But I wouldn't necessarily try to narrow the whole thing down to just one or two of these options. I'm not even sure if the full extinction of humanity should be considered the main criterion for it, although it seems quite logical to me.
Last edited by VACOOLA on Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostThu Dec 23, 2010 2:35 pm Offline
The most realistic end to our current civilization is the double-barrelled threat of anthropogenic climate change and peak oil. We have the ability to adjust to them, but it will likely involve a shift in the balance of power that will make inaction an appealing, but ultimate self-destructive option for interested parties.

We have the technology to overcome climate change and the end of cheap hydrocarbon energy. It's just a question of how smooth that transition will be.

A big complicating factor is the unsustainable growth rate of the human population. There are now about 7 billion of us and counting. When this explosive population growth bumps into climate change and/or peak oil, the results are sh*tty. For example, the genocide in Darfur in the last decade lies ultimately at the intersection of population and climate.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 7 105 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next