Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 3 of 7 105 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Author Message
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 1:36 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm382i could tell you, but there would be a pimp slap involved
no raputuring here, but then again i do live in iowa city and considering how "delightful" we are, we're probably safe. :lol:

trust me on this one ;)
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 2:16 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
Big-Will wrote:
I'm posting from heaven right now...








...seems to be the same as my earthly domain - namely, my bedroom. :)


Ah, so you're Mormon? :)


Hey, I've got some family members on my mom's side who are Mormon! Of course, I think they're crazy, but God love 'em, they're still family. :lol:

With about, say, less than fifty minutes until the rapture (not technically the predicted end of the world; that dated as predicted by the Rev. Dr. Camping is Oct. 21), I'm gonna say it all ends like this: With all the rogue nuclear countries out there, I think we end up nuking ourselves to death.

Or I could just be funny and say we fart ourselves to death, but that's way too absurd even for me. :lol:
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Last edited by GeminiShamrock on Sat May 21, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 2:21 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
So, has anyone here actually know anyone who believes this? What are they doing? Manage to get any free stuff off of them?
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 2:25 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Zazaban wrote:
So, has anyone here actually know anyone who believes this? What are they doing? Manage to get any free stuff off of them?


Well, I do believe that there would be warning signs, but I also believe that no human will know the day or hour of the Rapture or the end of the world; only God knows that. (That's why I think this whole thing is just a farce. Now the guy might actually believe it. I don't know.)

So I guess to answer your question, nope. Well, not that I know of, at least.

I heard there were a few cases where people have murdered their children earlier in the week because of this. I wonder if there's any truth to that?
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 2:53 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm382i could tell you, but there would be a pimp slap involved
i read online that some woman in maine killed her kid because of this nonsense. i'll have to see if i can find that article again.

EDIT: found it!
http://sandrarose.com/2011/05/mom-may-have-sacrificed-her-son-in-preparation-for-the-rapture/
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 3:03 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
bazi42 wrote:
i read online that some woman in maine killed her kid because of this nonsense. i'll have to see if i can find that article again.

EDIT: found it!
http://sandrarose.com/2011/05/mom-may-have-sacrificed-her-son-in-preparation-for-the-rapture/


Considering it was all for not, I bet she's definitely regretting that decision. Still, that's horrible. :(

(Yes, it's 6 PM EDT, and yes, this Christian's still here, as I thought I would be.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 3:17 pm Offline
  • Profile
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
Aw man, now I wish I hadn't sold all of my stuff and driven to Mount Sinai in a toga.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 3:29 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2907East Hartford, CT
Prepare to be disappointed, you "Rapture" believers!

Case of poor judgment - US preacher Harold Camping gets it wrong again
Image

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 3:48 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
Regarding the news stories above, I've just got this to say...

Stupid people. Stupid, stupid-ass people. They deserve what they get for being so appallingly stupid.

Give some people the wildest, most ridiculous ideas and they'll believe it, they'll change their lives for it, they'll spend all their money on it, and they'll kill in the name of it. :evil:

But to get this same group of people to think critically about anything that appeals to their emotions, and clearly show them how stretching their minds to see things another way could actually be to their benefit, and you get deer in the headlights. :shock:

No God would make sentient life forms this stupid. I mean, how cruel.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 3:59 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm382i could tell you, but there would be a pimp slap involved
Pip Tweek wrote:
Regarding the news stories above, I've just got this to say...

Stupid people. Stupid, stupid-ass people. They deserve what they get for being so appallingly stupid.

Give some people the wildest, most ridiculous ideas and they'll believe it, they'll change their lives for it, they'll spend all their money on it, and they'll kill in the name of it. :evil:

But to get this same group of people to think critically about anything that appeals to their emotions, and clearly show them how stretching their minds to see things another way could actually be to their benefit, and you get deer in the headlights. :shock:

No God would make sentient life forms this stupid. I mean, how cruel.


i think this falls under that whole presuming god's will sort of thing.
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 4:21 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
bazi42 wrote:
Pip Tweek wrote:
Regarding the news stories above, I've just got this to say...

Stupid people. Stupid, stupid-ass people. They deserve what they get for being so appallingly stupid.

Give some people the wildest, most ridiculous ideas and they'll believe it, they'll change their lives for it, they'll spend all their money on it, and they'll kill in the name of it. :evil:

But to get this same group of people to think critically about anything that appeals to their emotions, and clearly show them how stretching their minds to see things another way could actually be to their benefit, and you get deer in the headlights. :shock:

No God would make sentient life forms this stupid. I mean, how cruel.


i think this falls under that whole presuming god's will sort of thing.


Yeah, but I'm saying it kind of tongue-in-cheek. I just had to rant a bit.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 4:47 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm382i could tell you, but there would be a pimp slap involved
Pip Tweek wrote:
Yeah, but I'm saying it kind of tongue-in-cheek. I just had to rant a bit.


Image

;)
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 7:43 pm Offline
  • Profile
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
But for all the stupid people referred to above in those articles, words fail me as to Camden Pierce Hughes, age 6. He was too young to know anything about any apocalypse, and his own mother whom he trusted and loved, killed him.

Who will speak for Camden? What did he do that his mother would feel justified in killing her own son? Sure, the district attorney will prosecute her, and she (the mother) will get a lawyer to say she's mentally unstable, can't assist in her own defense, etc. She'll end up in a mental hospital in some jail ward. But her son Camden? All I can do is :cry:
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 8:00 pm Offline
  • Profile
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
zzyzx 1 wrote:
But for all the stupid people referred to above in those articles, words fail me as to Camden Pierce Hughes, age 6.


You're right, that's a tragedy and he was an innocent victim. He didn't deserve what his mother did to him, of course. My ranting was against the adults who threw all sense to the wind because of some asinine prediction.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostSat May 21, 2011 8:26 pm Offline
  • YIM
  • Profile
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
zzyzx 1 wrote:
But for all the stupid people referred to above in those articles, words fail me as to Camden Pierce Hughes, age 6. He was too young to know anything about any apocalypse, and his own mother whom he trusted and loved, killed him.

Who will speak for Camden? What did he do that his mother would feel justified in killing her own son? Sure, the district attorney will prosecute her, and she (the mother) will get a lawyer to say she's mentally unstable, can't assist in her own defense, etc. She'll end up in a mental hospital in some jail ward. But her son Camden? All I can do is :cry:


Same here, man. So tragic. :cry: And what's worse is she drove herself and Camden from Texas to Maine just to do the dastardly deed. Do I think she's a monster? No. In fact, I feel sorry for her especially considering the fact she believed in something that turned out to be false. In other words, she had the wool pulled over her eyes.

Now then, should she be tried for first-degree murder? Well, it depends. In some states, you have different degrees (and definitions) of murder. What might constitute a second-degree murder charge in one state may be first-degree murder in another, and (voluntary) manslaughter in a third state. It just depends on the state the trial will be held if there is one. (She could still accept a plea to a lesser charge than what she ends up being charged with.)

She'll definitely do time, but where and for how long both remain a mystery at this point.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Display posts from previous:  

Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic
Page 3 of 7 105 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Beta Classic X