Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 7 105 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostMon May 23, 2011 6:47 pm Offline
  • YIM
Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:41 am3188Elsewhere
BRMBug wrote:
Uhm... whoopse.

THAT is f*cking awesome! Herp-Derp! :lol:
Can't we all just get along?
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue May 24, 2011 10:33 am Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2915East Hartford, CT
Now Harold Camping claims the world will still end on October 21! Just WTH is he thinking?! :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_ ... e_saturday

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue May 24, 2011 11:04 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
triplemultiplex wrote:
Anybody go to a Rapture Party Saturday night? I was chugging beers around a campfire in an unrelated matter. I think I prevented the Rapture by drinking enough beer to make Gawd change his mind. It's the only possible explanation...

I have no idea how much this dumb-ass cult spent on advertising, but they got themselves a big, ol' billboard on US 41 near Oshkosh, Wisconsin, that I drove by this weekend. I mocked it on my way north before the 21st and mocked it even harder coming south yesterday. They gotta have these all over the place.
And now we can all laugh at them for the rest of the month at least.

As for this Camping douche, you might as well arrest him right now for fucking children. Because if history teaches us anything, it's that the leaders of end-of-the-world cults are always fucking children. There's just something about "the end times" that makes weird old dudes stockpile assault weapons and child brides.

It was a joke. I was with friends at a local sushi bar drinking sake. We were saying "I bet as soon as we go outside it'll be zombi-land." 6pm came and went. Camping was actually flabbergasted. I couldn't believe that people were donating their life savings, quitting their jobs, selling their homes, etc.
I am not a religious person, but I have my own beliefs and faith; as ridiculous as this rapture thing was it got the whole world to stop and think spiritually. However, only God himself knows when the end is... not some math equations or bible calculations. So if Oct is the new projected date... I better go down to the shooting range and practice :assface:
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue May 24, 2011 1:53 pm Offline
  • YIM
^One should always be prepared for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. It's not a question of IT it will happen, just WHEN it will. Always remember to keep a 12 gauge with enough ammo for 6 months. When those 6 months are over, you will need a backup. So keep a chainsaw in your house at all times. And always be sure to throw junk around your yard to use as defenses. Old trucks and metal beams work great. People will yell at you, call you a hoarder and a redneck, but hey, when the undead come knocking looking for brains, you'll have the last laugh! :lol:
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue May 24, 2011 2:21 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
angeldeb82 wrote:
Now Harold Camping claims the world will still end on October 21! Just WTH is he thinking?!

I don't think anyone has a clue as to that. Even him.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue May 24, 2011 3:21 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
The J man said no one would know, looks like they don't have as much faith in him as they do in camping.

What i'm wondering is what they think they gain by spreading the word that the end is coming? Its not like it'll stop it or change who goes to hell and who doesn't that's all a matter of pre-ordained grace (isn't it? according to them at least)

There were only ever 3 things he could've done when this inevitably failed; hid from the media like whatever politician most recently had dirty butt sex with a stafer until the heat blows over, pretending he didn't hear god right when he said the world was ending, latch onto whatever actually happened on the news that day (a tornado in america or a volcanic eruption in iceland for example) and claim that was what he really meant would happen or would 'signal the beginning of the end,' or do what he did, say that pesky whisperer god wasn't loud enough with the time. Given his motives he's given himself a short period to keep milking the most gullible of his gullible herd for as long as possible not chancing it with a longer term prediction but keeping them for a while yet.

If only they were a suicide cult, then the world would definitely end on whatever date they say, for them at least.

Maybe the rapture happened and everyone got taken who really believes this was the day it'd happen? Given how long the end takes in revelations i wouldn't be able to tell if it began yesterday or not for a thousand years or so.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed May 25, 2011 7:25 am Offline
Sun Mar 27, 2011 2:43 pm496
Ex1lepr0 wrote:
^One should always be prepared for the inevitable zombie apocalypse. It's not a question of IT it will happen, just WHEN it will. Always remember to keep a 12 gauge with enough ammo for 6 months. When those 6 months are over, you will need a backup. So keep a chainsaw in your house at all times. And always be sure to throw junk around your yard to use as defenses. Old trucks and metal beams work great. People will yell at you, call you a hoarder and a redneck, but hey, when the undead come knocking looking for brains, you'll have the last laugh! :lol:

I tried shooting a Glock and the recoil scared the poo outta me. So now I stick with the .25 =)
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed May 25, 2011 9:11 am Offline
Wed Apr 27, 2011 6:56 am22Heaven
GeminiShamrock wrote:
Yo. I'm some new-ish dude...or something. How's it goin', man?

God bought me a drink! :mrgreen:
Praise the lord,mate!
SCREW YOU GUYS,I'M GOING HOME.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed May 25, 2011 1:18 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
angeldeb82 wrote:
Now Harold Camping claims the world will still end on October 21! Just WTH is he thinking?! :shock:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110524/ap_ ... e_saturday

He's trying to save face. You know, just like that one Canadian dude in the episode "Canada on Strike" from a few years ago.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed May 25, 2011 5:35 pm Offline
  • YIM
Meh, he'll just keep making predictions and people will keep listening to him. At least until he dies. I mean he's f*cking 89! He can't last much longer!
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed May 25, 2011 9:22 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Maybe he'll die on October 21, maybe before.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostThu May 26, 2011 12:22 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
He's got a pretty penny out of this and when he pegs it (sooner than the world) his family will probably keep it.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostThu May 26, 2011 5:12 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Unassumption wrote:
He's got a pretty penny out of this and when he pegs it (sooner than the world) his family will probably keep it.

Yeah, pretty much.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Jun 01, 2011 3:08 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
End of the World billboards were still up over the weekend. Ha, ha, fucking ha!!

The guy's methodology was flawless: grab several random numbers out of his version of the Bible, punch them into a formula he made up and add that number to a date for Noah's Flood he pulled out of his ass and boom; you've got your end of the world.

But Camping is still committed to his delusion. Turns out the Rapture last week was a Secret Rapture. The chosen ones have been selected and when the world ends October 21st, they'll go to heaven and ride unicorns with Jesus and Spongebob Squarepants.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostMon Jun 06, 2011 3:57 pm Offline
Mon Jun 06, 2011 3:43 pm10
it might happen in 2012

Sort by  
Page 5 of 7 105 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next