Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 6 of 7 105 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Jun 08, 2011 2:19 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Contemporary doomsday-ism seems remarkable considering the horrendous shit we've been through as a species already.

Imagine it's the first day of 1942 and you look around the world and you see fascist dictators steamrolling Earth's continents. People are being rounded up and placed in concentration camps. Freedoms of speech, press and assembly are being suppressed the world over; even among the "good guys". If there ever was a time when it seemed reasonable that the world would end, it would've been then.

Or say it's medieval Europe and half of your neighbors are dying from a mysterious plague.

You're a Native American whose people are being ravaged by disease and forcibly removed from your homeland by thousands of foreign invaders who are waging genocidal warfare against you.

That's all much more apocalyptic than the situation we face today.

Oh, Jesus is coming because there was an earthquake and Israel did whatever and Muslims are being derka-der? Really that's all you got?

Plagues, world wars, genocide, volcanoes, earthquakes, floods; we're still here.

Humans are going to be around for a long-ass time still. There's 7 billion of us and it'll be virtually impossible to get us all.

Nobody's a bigger fan of the end of the world than me. I'm truly fascinated by the idea of civilization collapsing and everything getting all 'Road Warrior' and stuff. Our current path as a species is wholly unsustainable and bad things will continue to happen to us with increasing frequency as our population continues to expand. But the idea that 'the end' will for sure happen on date X is fucking stupid.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostMon Jun 13, 2011 10:35 am Online
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2913East Hartford, CT
Well, here's an update on "Rapture predictor" Harold Camping: He has suffered a stroke.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/43378751?GT1=43001

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostMon Jun 13, 2011 10:48 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
triplemultiplex wrote:
The guy's methodology was flawless: grab several random numbers out of his version of the Bible, punch them into a formula he made up...

Yeah, what was that formula again? Length times girth divided by angle...
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostMon Jun 13, 2011 2:34 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
angeldeb82 wrote:
Well, here's an update on "Rapture predictor" Harold Camping: He has suffered a stroke.

He'll have his own rapture soon enough.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostMon Jun 13, 2011 3:31 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
angeldeb82 wrote:

Well, he is 89, after all. I don't wish any ill will on him, but dude's gotta learn you don't book (Read: schedule) God; God books you.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostFri Jun 17, 2011 4:01 pm Offline
Thu May 26, 2011 4:12 pm358Los Angeles, California
The end of the world will come a result of World War III. But to be more specific, it will come as a result of worldwide nuclear holocaust. That's what I believe (and please don't put any comments saying I'm crazy because each and everyone of you knows it; no matter how many times you deny it).

"War. War never changes…

Since the dawn of human kind, when our ancestors first discovered the killing power of rock and bone, blood has been spilled in the name of everything from God, to justice, to simple psychotic rage.

The Romans waged war to gather slaves and wealth. Spain built an empire from its lust for gold and territory. Hitler shaped a battered Germany into an economic superpower.

In the twenty-first century, war was still waged over the resources that could be acquired. Only this time, the spoils of war were also its weapons: petroleum and uranium. For these resources, China would invade Alaska, the United States would annex Canada, and European Commonwealth would dissolve into quarreling, bickering nation-states, bent on controlling on the last remaining resources on Earth. The reasons, as always, purely human ones.

In the year 2077, after millennia of armed conflict, the destructive nature of man could sustain itself no longer and the storm of world war had come again. It was the Great War. The earth was nearly wiped clean of life. A great cleansing, an atomic spark struck by human hands quickly raged out of control. Spears of nuclear fire rained from the skies. Continents were swallowed in flames and sunk beneath the boiling oceans. Humanity was almost extinguished, their spirits becoming part of the background radiation that blanketed the earth. A quiet darkness fell across the land, lasting many years."

-- excerpt from the Fallout games
My favorite SP characters: Cartman and Butters.

My favorite food: anything pasta related.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostTue Dec 18, 2012 8:27 pm Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
So it's that time of year again, and Santa's balls can be heard ringing. Or is it the four horsemen approaching? I guess we'll find out in less than 3 days.
In the meantime, does anyone have any last words to say before everything goes b00m?
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 19, 2012 6:15 am Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
It won't be long until the world unknowingly commits suicide. :twisted:
Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 19, 2012 9:28 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
VACOOLA wrote:
In the meantime, does anyone have any last words to say before everything goes b00m?

Sausages!
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 19, 2012 11:20 am Offline
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 19, 2012 1:13 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
]
VACOOLA wrote:

Okay what about ..."the world won't end - it's tomorrow in Australia"

On an unrelated note (sorta) I wonder what time zone the doomsday believers are using?

- in other news ( i don't believe in doomsday) I'm worried for those that might land up causing WW3 from all the hysterics and/or mass suicides..
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 19, 2012 6:12 pm Offline
(ugly)Bob wrote:
Okay what about ..."the world won't end - it's tomorrow in Australia"

Of course it won't end: not tomorrow, not the day after tomorrow, not in Australia, not anywhere else. No such luck, thanks for reminding. But what about some wishful thinking? Don't you want this world to end? Just a little bit? If you do, try and use your imaginaaaation…..
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 19, 2012 6:16 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
Well I always worry about people and their sometimes wacko beliefs
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostWed Dec 19, 2012 8:31 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
If anyone wants to know when the world is "Supposed" to end...the only place that will see December 22nd for some 11 minutes is that strange island where part of it is one day and the other part is the next :P :shock: :twisted:

Or....

At 11:11AM in Jersalseum. (5:11 US Eastern time?)

Something like that. :roll:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: The Doomsday Thread PostThu Dec 20, 2012 12:10 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
The deadline will pass when the sun crosses the International Date Line...

at 4 am Pacific on the 21st. At
4:01 am Pacific on the 21st, New Zealand will be at
12:01 am on the 22nd, and some parts of Kiribati will be at
2:01 am on the 22nd

What's more, Kiribati will be a full day ahead of Hawaii, even though they're on the same longitudes.

In short, there's no chance the world can end on 12/21/12, because when Hawaii enters the 21st, Kiribati enters the 22nd.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 6 of 7 105 posts Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next