Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 38 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 8:57 am Offline
Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm148
If there was a place you would have like to have lived in, where would it be? What era would you have like to have lived in as well?

Also, just for fun, what historical figure would you like to have been.

ME:

I would like to have lived in America (which I do) during the Great Depression or WWI.
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 9:41 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 9:43 am Offline
Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:49 pm105
The Romans

Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 11:59 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
I would like to be born in the Cambrian, so I can be a fish. Glug glug glug.

When and where I was born; I wouldn't be me otherwise. Couldn't immagine life without the internet so today it is. Maybe another place like Japan or California. So much that I couldn't bare to not know hadn't been discovered before the 60s too. Also being gay before the 60s is a bit of a no-no. Being a teenager in the 1990s would be awesomer than during this recession I guess :I

I'd definitely NOT like to be born in the first half of the last century with it's world wars and depressions. If I was well off, victorian era England would be nice but the rest of the world was 'revolting' a lot of that time. The revolutions of 1848 are great to watch but not wanting to be shot, I wouldn't like to go there - seeing it on the news from England would be cool but that'd mean being rich enough to read.

Renesance Italy was a pretty place but the common man would find it very smelly and couldn't get to the prettier parts when they were still in use. The rest of Europe in the middle ages was boiling in war and disease. Strait after the plague was a great time to be a peasant which I'd almost certainly be if i was a random person in that era. China was a stable country at that time and avoided a lot of diseases so that might be the place to be if i had to be born then?
Ancient mesopotamia seems nice but was still 'plagued' by disease.

Really if i was born before the net, hunter-gatherer times when humans had less intra-specific competition would probbaly be best, unless i could guarantee I was dominating that competition.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 2:07 pm Offline
Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:54 pm5860Australia
Nowhere else!

im used to it.
"We're all just a bunch of multi-coloured humans!"
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 2:33 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Plant me in the late Pleistocene in North America somewhere near one of the large meltwater outburst floods that were happening as the glaciers were retreating. Imagine seeing enough water to drown a couple states thundering past you moving ice chunks the size of city blocks and tossing building-sized boulders around like they were tiny pebbles. That would be awesome.

When I get tired of that, I can hang out with the Clovis people and eat me some wooly mammoth. I can show them how to do some useful stuff. Hell they might even make me a god. Or kill me, whatever.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 6:43 pm Offline
The 2000s would've been great too, although I was already there.
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 8:10 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I wish I had more awareness of the 80's. I vaguely remember the middle of it, and not much of the end. I sadly remember the 90's. Image
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostTue Aug 07, 2012 10:34 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
The Trilogy wrote:
The Romans

Republic? Empire? Holy Roman Empire?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostWed Aug 08, 2012 3:04 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Republic, so I can make the empire ;)
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostWed Aug 08, 2012 4:41 pm Offline
Mon Jun 11, 2012 3:13 pm148
Unassumption wrote:
Republic, so I can make the empire ;)

You join the sith?
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostThu Aug 09, 2012 8:51 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Time before electrical instruments? No, thank you. There be dragons! Before Google? Been there, don't wanna go back. I would like to see where the future leads us. It would be cool if I could fast forward through the next few decades or even centuries.
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostThu Aug 09, 2012 11:34 am Offline
Thu Aug 09, 2012 11:20 am1
Mamont wrote:
Time before electrical instruments? No, thank you. There be dragons! Before Google? Been there, don't wanna go back. I would like to see where the future leads us. It would be cool if I could fast forward through the next few decades or even centuries.

i agree
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostThu Aug 09, 2012 12:16 pm Offline
Mamont wrote:

Maybe, in the future, racism will disappear off the face of the world and we can all get along. :D But of course, there is always gotta some assh*le who's gotta f*ck sh*t up for everyone. :(
Re: What era would you have liked to have lived in? PostThu Aug 09, 2012 12:53 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
The era after this one. (I'm the curious type. And I like technology.)
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 38 posts 1, 2, 3  Next