Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 14 posts
What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostWed Oct 31, 2012 9:25 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm12
Curious on what current television shows you all watch regularly, don't include reality shows please! I'm curious because, in my opinion, there are so few good original shows currently on the air.

Here are the shows that are on right now that I regularly watch:
'Curb Your Enthusiasm'
'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia'
'Workaholics'
'South Park'

& unfortunately it's unsure if 'Curb Your Enthusiasm' will be coming back for a 9th season, if it doesn't come back I'm cancelling my subscription to HBO.

I haven't had a chance to watch 'Brickleberry' yet, I love Daniel Tosh's stand up but can't stand Tosh . 0 because how often they show vomiting, but have all the episodes on my DVR and am hoping it will be good.
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostWed Oct 31, 2012 1:07 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Currently?

FOX's primetime animated lineup (yeah, all of them; sorry haters)
How I Met Your Mother
Sunny
The League
Tosh (this show is the "America's Funniest Home Videos" I wanted as a teenager; instead of "old person falls and cut to middle aged woman in audience embarrassed she's laughing" it's "old person falls and they have a wicked compound fracture")
Stewart & Colbert
Parks and Rec
30 Rock
The Office (still)
Nova
Mythbusters
Frontline

I've seen a few eps of Brickleberry and it's okay. Anything where Tom Kenny does voice-over is going to be half way decent. The main character he voices sounds a lot like Mayor Poopenmeyer from Futurama.

For me, Brickleberry's biggest limitation seems to be that it's made by people who don't know shit about the outdoors. That's kind of the point, but I think they're missing out on some good humor. Ostensibly, the hot blonde (Sweet D from Sunny) is supposed to be knowledgeable but it hasn't really come through except when they need her to be the 'straight man' for comedic purposes. I will say it's slightly better than the other attempts at non-South Park animation CC has made in the last several years. The Hanna-Barbara-esque animation style helps.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostThu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 am Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm12
I used to like Tosh . 0, as his stand up is incredible, but he has to much nasty stuff like vomiting on his show for me. Although I know it's a Tosh knockoff, I will take Ridiculousness anyday over Tosh, I'd rather see idiots get hurt than poop and vomit.

Oh, and love Colbert and Daily Show but didn't think of them as I was thinking scripted stuff.
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostThu Nov 01, 2012 7:22 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Let's see... Elementary, Dr. Who, American Horror Story, Mythbusters, Miranda, Fringe, I've been keeping up with the new Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (stories good, animation... interesting), New Girl, Raising Hope, Mike & Molly, 2 Broke Girls, Top Gear, Major Crimes, Wheeler Dealers, Burn Notice, Wilfred... I've seen the new Munsters take off, Mockingbird Lane... I'm still on the fence about it. May take a couple more epidodes for me to decide if I'm gonna stick with it. (it's waaaay darker than the original. And thankfully less camp.)
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSat Nov 03, 2012 10:57 am Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Futurama
SP
The Simpsons (catching up on all the episodes so I started from season 1 again. Used to be so obsessed w this show as a little girl)
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:39 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
The news, usually Channel 7 and Channel 9 - I'm a news junkie. :)
The Tonight Show with Jay Leno
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSat Nov 03, 2012 1:45 pm Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Eastenders
Sky news
Red dwarf
Simpsons
Miranda
8 out of 10 cats
Have I got news for you

These are mostly what I watch on the box
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSat Nov 03, 2012 7:01 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson

Well that goes without saying. I even DVR it so I don't miss an ep. I'm 2 behind right now though. :oops:

James--76 wrote:
Miranda

I DVR that one too. I"ve only seen 2 series so far, and I'm hoping for a third in future. I'm also keeping up with that drama that she's in right now, "Call the Midwife". Not a bad little show right there.

I haven't been watching the old repeats as much, but I still love Wolfman Mac's Chiller Drive-In. I"m mostly waiting for new eps to roll around, even though I'm watching tonight's ep right now. The movie on tap for tonight is "The Wasp Woman".
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 2:17 am Offline
Mon Nov 05, 2007 9:44 am1219Bedford (U.K)
Quote:
I"ve only seen 2 series so far, and I'm hoping for a third in future. I'm also keeping up with that drama that she's in right now, "Call the Midwife". Not a bad little show right there.

Good news series 3 starts at Christmas time :) .

http://www.cultbox.co.uk/news/headlines ... -christmas
Kyle: Why? How could you do this? There are people starving in Alabama and you give Cartman a million dollars?

Cartman: Line? Lines! I HATE LINES!!!
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 6:30 am Offline
Yay! Which means (hopefully) we'll probably be getting it in the spring on PBS.
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostFri Nov 09, 2012 9:19 am Offline
  • YIM
Sat Sep 20, 2008 8:53 pm191Milwaukee WI
The Walking dead
It's always sunny in Philadelphia
Southpark
Boardwalk Empire

That's about all I watch on a regular basis anymore.
"Sticks and stones may break my bones but words ... words might hurt me deeply, causing great emotional, mental, and psychological damage leading to a lowered self-esteem and decreased work-related efficiency."
-- Anonymous
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSat Nov 10, 2012 8:23 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
South Park
Boardwalk Empire

Don't watch a lot of TV
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSun Nov 11, 2012 3:14 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
South Park
The Daily Show
120 Minutes
MTV-U music video blocks.

Yeah Viacom has me.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: What Shows Currently On TV Do You Watch Regularly?? PostSun Nov 11, 2012 8:47 pm Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
-Breaking Bad
-How I met your mother
-Weeds
-Friends
-Naruto
-Malcolm in the Middle
-Big Bang Theory
-New Girl
-The Office
-South Park
-Raising Hope

Those are the shows I either keep up with on a weekly basis to follow the plot, going back to watch the episodes one by one to follow the plot and just shows that I watch nearly every day.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 14 posts