Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Lucid Dreaming PostSat Dec 29, 2012 2:53 pm Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
We've all heard about it.

Some of us have tried it. Some of us have succeeded, others haven't. But...you haven't heard about the third group, have you? Well...Let me start from the beginning. You're lying in your bed.

After much research on the internet, you finally decided to try Lucid Dreaming, and all the steps have been done. Your body enters the stage of sleep paralysis. You're starting to slip.

Then it begins. They say that what you hear, and what you think you see in sleep paralysis are just visions, just things that are there due to your brain slowly receding. You believe them.

Why do we fall into comas? Well, that will be brought up later.

Anyway, back to the subject. You start slipping more and more, and you can't wait. Eventually, you fall into the sweet embrace of sleep, you close your eyes. You have a lucid dream.

But...What happens if you don't wake up? What happens if your lucid dream turns into a never-ending nightmare? What happens, if time passes by like reality, and you are subject to all the tortures and pains that aren't even possible in real life? What do you think happens to a person in a coma?

So, in the end, just wanting to let you know. Those voices, and those things you hear right before you fall into your worst never-ending nightmare... Were they just your imagination... or was something warning you?
Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: Lucid Dreaming PostMon Feb 25, 2013 8:20 pm Offline
Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:18 pm18
Off topic, a little TOO much... :oops:
Re: Lucid Dreaming PostWed Feb 27, 2013 5:48 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I think the phenomenon you're describing is separate from lucid dreaming. Lucid dreaming is just when you are dreaming and realize you are dreaming. When you do, you'll find you can literally control the universe. Which is pretty awesome. I've experienced it a couple times and I gotta say, real life sucked by comparison.

I have also experienced the thing the OP is talking about. You're falling asleep and you realize your falling asleep down to the moment you nod off. But it feels super weird, like kind of how one might imagine dying feels. The last time it happened to me, I felt like resisting that urge to sleep; afraid I would not wake up. Freaky at the time, but kind of cool in retrospect.

It's called "hypnagogia". Basically, your body is paralyzed when you enter REM sleep, but you can still be aware of sensory inputs before you are fully unconscious. This can be mildly disturbing for someone in certain situations. Hypnagogia is responsible for a large number of supposedly 'supernatural' experiences people report at night. But the reality is way more cool.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Lucid Dreaming PostWed Feb 27, 2013 7:16 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
I like mittens? *shrugs* (Don't mind me. I'm really f*cking tired right now...and I'm stuck at school.)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts