Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 6 85 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Re: The Winter Thread PostTue Jan 29, 2013 5:15 am Offline
Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm382i could tell you, but there would be a pimp slap involved
i spoke too soon. we had freezing rain the other day here in iowa. today it's supposed to be 60 degrees. then it's supposed to be cold as hell again.

it's like someone's playing with a light switch....on winter/off winter/on winter/off winter/on winter/off winter
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
Re: The Winter Thread PostWed Jan 30, 2013 4:59 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Just finished some shoveling. It was above freezing earlier this week so now there's ice over all the roads and sidewalks. Put a little snow on top of it and now that's what I call a slippery situation...

Oddly enough, when it gets really super cold, ice is actually less slippery. Just another wonderful quirk of that marvelous molecule we call water.

Speaking of shoveling, I determined long ago that all snow shovels are shit. The plastic ones can't scrape ice. The metal ones are too heavy. The plastic ones with the little metal strip on the front always gets fucked up. The metal will get bent or ice will get wedged between it and the plastic. The end result is uneven contact with the pavement and leaving snow behind.

My whole life, we never had a snow blower. Why buy an expensive machine to clear snow when there are three boys in the house that had better do it if they want their allowance. ;)
But when my grandfather moved out of his house, suddenly there was a snow blower that needed a home. We brought it home and I eagerly awaited the arrival of winter. Unfortunately, this thing was a piece of sh*t. It took forever to start and only ran for a few seconds at a time. That first snowfall, I probably only cleared 12 feet of sidewalk before the damn thing just totally died on me. It never started again.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: The Winter Thread PostWed Jan 30, 2013 6:19 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Re: The Winter Thread PostThu Jan 31, 2013 4:17 pm Offline
Now that was rad!

When it comes to plowing snow from freeways in the winter, many places now use something called a tow plow:

One driver can clear and salt two lanes of travel in one pass. Pretty awesome.
Re: The Winter Thread PostThu Feb 07, 2013 4:28 pm Offline
Nothing says winter like a frosted over window:

I took that a few days ago.

Pretty cool how you can see the fractal patterning in the ice crystals.
Re: The Winter Thread PostThu Feb 07, 2013 4:42 pm Offline
:( No image.

It was 75 degrees and pt. cloudy today. And it's been moist and foggy every morning this week.
Re: The Winter Thread PostThu Feb 07, 2013 11:35 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
We found Nemo!! :shock:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: The Winter Thread PostFri Feb 08, 2013 4:35 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:

COOOOOLL!!! :mrgreen:

mo303564 wrote:
We found Nemo!! :shock:

Looks like he found you. And he bitch-slapped the hell out of y'all too! :shock:
Re: The Winter Thread PostSun Feb 10, 2013 4:07 pm Offline
It was pretty silly for The Weather Channel, of all entities, to start naming winter storms. I don't feel like they've earned the right to do that. With the internet and all, the only use for The Weather Channel is so airports have something to put on the TV's other than cable news.

Looks like I'm just wrapping up round one of my own winter storm right now and I'll be shoveling like 3 heavy inches in a little while. Ain't nothing like what you Northeasterners just got though, damn! Any time you can bury cars, that's a bitchin' snowstorm.
Re: The Winter Thread PostSun Feb 10, 2013 4:39 pm Offline
Wed Mar 16, 2011 6:33 pm382i could tell you, but there would be a pimp slap involved
triplemultiplex wrote:
It was pretty silly for The Weather Channel, of all entities, to start naming winter storms. I don't feel like they've earned the right to do that. With the internet and all, the only use for The Weather Channel is so airports have something to put on the TV's other than cable news.

please tell me they're naming them things like "winter storm don't bother, you're not making it to work in the morning" :lol:
Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
Ernest Hemingway
Re: The Winter Thread PostSun Feb 10, 2013 7:58 pm Offline
TripleMultiplex wrote:

For some reason I read that as 'having them name it was better than having it be done through internet voting.' (thats what i get for speed reading while watching tv)
I think that if we left the storm naming up to internet voting, they'd have names like winter storm Hitler's Ballsack or Penisface Titties Magee.
Re: The Winter Thread PostMon Feb 11, 2013 7:31 pm Offline
BRMBug wrote:
I think that if we left the storm naming up to internet voting, they'd have names like winter storm Hitler's Ballsack or Penisface Titties Magee.

I'd vote for winter storm Penisface Titties Mcgee. That's hilarious. :p
It would be a fun contest just to see what kind of stuff people would get behind.

"And get ready in the Ohio Valley this week for winter storm "Frosty's Revenge".
Re: The Winter Thread PostMon Feb 11, 2013 8:08 pm Offline
Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:48 pm3652anywhere
triplemultiplex wrote:
We're deep in the heart of winter now in the northern hemisphere so that seems like a cool subject to talk about (sorry about the pun). Do you hate winter? Do you love it? Are you okay with it? Got any snowstorm anecdotes? Like to ski or something? Ever get your car stuck? Are you Canadian? Anything wintery goes. Grab a warm beverage and cuddle up in a blanket in front of your monitor and regale us with any thoughts on the subject.

You should write winter-time stories... don't ask why but something about this paragraph really makes me yearn winter... although I'm currently surrounded by about 25 inches of snow so I have nothing to be longing for.

Massachusetts got raped by snow a few days ago. Shoveling for hours, I could make a mansion sized quinzhee. BTW, they did indeed name this blizzard, "blizzard nemo" was the choice. Oh and of course on the bottom of the damn NEWS cast was "#nemo" to make sure everyone can twitter dat ish.... not sure why the need to name it.... or twitter it.... or keep the twitter name on the news for 2 days.
Re: The Winter Thread PostWed Feb 13, 2013 9:55 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
bazi42 wrote:
triplemultiplex wrote:

please tell me they're naming them things like "winter storm don't bother, you're not making it to work in the morning" :lol:

From what I heard, they're giving actual names to winter storms. But I can't confirm this because I don't watch the Weather Channel anymore. (Yeah. Anymore. >_>)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: The Winter Thread PostWed Feb 13, 2013 11:27 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)

Sort by  
Page 2 of 6 85 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next