Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 12 166 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next
Coast to Coast AM PostWed Feb 23, 2011 3:58 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
I listen to this sometimes when I go to sleep. Coast to Coast AM is on here in my time zone from 10:00 pm until 5:00 am the next morning; that's 7 hours of programming :shock:

It's hosted by George Noory. I listen on KFI am 640, a 50,000 watt station (so it comes in very clearly).

You can listen to it too using the iHeart radio app or here at http://www.kfiam640.com during the hours I posted above (pacific time). Once there, click on "listen" and then "listen live now."

The strangest thing I've heard was a guest on the show who claims he was a scientist at Area 51 (a lot of area 51 talk goes on this program). He claims there is a huge underground lab where alien spaceships from other planets are taken and examined. He claimed the he personally has examined alien spacecraft.

Area 51 is outside of Las Vegas/Pahrump Nevada.

Here is a sign at Area 51:

Re: Coast to Coast AM PostWed Feb 23, 2011 4:54 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
I guess I'd better contribute two of the stranger things I've heard: A few months ago, one of the guests was saying that Jesus Christ, George Washington, and many other extremely significant historical figures were all extraterrestrials with special powers. I believe he also said the pyramids and the Sphinx over in Egypt were inspired and perhaps even built by these extraterrestrials.

The other is from last night: A man was talking about holographic warfare and how electronics are damaging to the human body. I think he even started talking about aliens, too. A little aside: A friend of mine wanted me to call in and ask him what kind of tin foil he recommended. :lol:

Actually, there was another instance a couple years ago where somebody called in about a pale man in a suit carrying a briefcase and all sorts of paranormal activity at the place he works. (This, of course, ended up being from a video game. I forget the name of the particular video game, though. I think it's called Half-Life or something. There's an audio clip on YouTube. I just don't remember how to find it.)

zzyzx 1: Thanks for the link, but I can listen to it here in the Houston area on NewsRadio 740 [AM] KTRH from 10 pm-4 am Central time. And I've discovered it's best to stream it live on the internet for better clarity. Still, thanks once again for the link.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Last edited by GeminiShamrock on Wed Feb 23, 2011 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostWed Feb 23, 2011 5:34 pm Offline
Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm5110
GeminiShamrock wrote:
All interesting tales so far. That is, except for you, triplemultiplex. Some people, like myself and Big-Will, listen to the show for laughs.

Ditto. It's entertaining if you don't take it seriously. Most rational people don't.
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostWed Feb 23, 2011 6:51 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
Oh yes Coast To Coast AM. I first heard it in 1995 as an 8 year old. I would stay up late listening to a local radio station. They would play 60s-70s oldies music until Midnight, then Art Bell would come on.

"East Of The Rockies, you're on the air"
"West Of The Rockies, you're on the air, hello"
"First time caller line, you're on the air"

I had absolutely no idea what they were talking about. I just found Art Bell's voice and show to be interesting.

When I got older, I learned it was about UFOs and other crazy stuff. I'm not a fan of that type of thing.

Mike Siegal and George Noorey took over when Art retired after some issue with his son.

Turn on any AM radio at night, and you're likely to find it.

Art actually used to own an FM station in Pahrump, Nevada (95.1 KNYE) He sold the station to one of the staff members, however it still continues to run the show.
Stan and Kyle :)
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostWed Feb 23, 2011 7:55 pm Offline
  • YIM
Oh, wow. I never knew he owned an FM station. That's quite interesting indeed. Do you remember the strangest thing you ever heard discussed on the show?

On tonight's show: Suppressed knowledge with guest Jeffrey Grupp.
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostWed Feb 23, 2011 10:05 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
triplemultiplex wrote:
...It's a walking encyclopedia of logical fallacies and a paranoid delusional echo chamber.

Yep.

Big-Will wrote:
Pretty damn entertaining if you ask me. :lol:

This.

I haven't listened in forever though. I did catch some of a couple of shows more recently when I was at my Aunt's in the Hill Country. I don't remember what was being discussed though. Besides, I was listening to KLIF from Dallas, and it kept fading in and out anyway.
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostThu Feb 24, 2011 12:40 am Offline
  • YIM
Conspiracy theories galore tonight, including 9/11, as well as religion and extraterrestrial things. This should be fun.

You can either click on the link zzyzx 1 provided or on this one in order to listen: http://www.ktrh.com/main.html and click on listen live.

And yep. This guy is a fruit loop.
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostThu Feb 24, 2011 3:42 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Ah, unintentional comedy; sometimes it's the best.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostThu Feb 24, 2011 3:51 pm Offline
  • YIM
triplemultiplex wrote:
Ah, unintentional comedy; sometimes it's the best.

I'll agree with that. :lol: Also, a friend of mine wants me to call in tonight and tell them some absurd story in regard to aliens and such. If you tune in, you might actually hear a guy from southeast Texas on the radio tonight! :lol:
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostThu Feb 24, 2011 9:33 pm Offline
kfgg wrote:

Oh yes, I remember those words well :)

I was talking about this with my Dad; he told me that he used to listen to Art Bell when he broadcast only on a Las Vegas Radio Station in the old Union Plaza Hotel in downtown Las Vegas. I don't think that hotel is there anymore. Anyway, the signal carried here to California at night. Oh yes; my Dad just told me the hotel is now called "The Plaza" hotel. Thanks Dad :)

Anyway, my Dad says the station Art Bell started in was KDWN am 720. K-Dawn it was called. A quick google search shows me KDWN now broadcasts from somewhere on Tropicana Street. Anyway, Art Bell left KDWN and continued his syndicated show "Coast to Coast" from his home in Pahrump, Nevada. Now George Noorie does the show in Art Bell's same format.

GeminiShamrock, I'll be listening tonight :)

But in Texas. Hmmm.... Will you use the East or West of the Rockies phone number? Or the first time caller line perhaps? :wink:
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostFri Feb 25, 2011 1:57 am Offline
  • YIM
zzyzx 1 wrote:
kfgg wrote:

Oh yes, I remember those words well :)

I was talking about this with my Dad; he told me that he used to listen to Art Bell when he broadcast only on a Las Vegas Radio Station in the old Union Plaza Hotel in downtown Las Vegas. I don't think that hotel is there anymore. Anyway, the signal carried here to California at night. Oh yes; my Dad just told me the hotel is now called "The Plaza" hotel. Thanks Dad :)

Anyway, my Dad says the station Art Bell started in was KDWN am 720. K-Dawn it was called. A quick google search shows me KDWN now broadcasts from somewhere on Tropicana Street. Anyway, Art Bell left KDWN and continued his syndicated show "Coast to Coast" from his home in Pahrump, Nevada. Now George Noorie does the show in Art Bell's same format.

GeminiShamrock, I'll be listening tonight :)

But in Texas. Hmmm.... Will you use the East or West of the Rockies phone number? Or the first time caller line perhaps? :wink:

Southeast Texas = East of the Rockies. (Also, I'll probably be a first-time caller.) I'll probably end up chickening out though. :|
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostFri Feb 25, 2011 3:12 am Offline
Well, I've heard all kinds of stuff tonight. From the oil spill, to interest rates going up to UFO's from 1993 going at 5,000 miles across the Pennsylvania sky :)

A typical show so far. I'm off to sleep. I admit I was in and out of the room where the radio is and I might have missed your call if you made it tonight. I don't recall any calls from Texas. Anyway, I enjoyed the show tonight. Thanks for making this thread, GeminiShamrock. 'Night everyone!
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostFri Feb 25, 2011 3:27 am Offline
  • YIM
Sadly, I couldn't get though. Oh, well. There's always tomorrow.

And you're welcome, my friend. Also, call me Gemini for short.
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostFri Feb 25, 2011 12:23 pm Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
You guys have made me curious, I think I might check this out next time it's on.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: Coast to Coast AM PostFri Feb 25, 2011 5:23 pm Offline
  • YIM
Quote:
Zazaban
Post subject: Re: Coast to Coast AM
You guys have made me curious, I think I might check this out next time it's on.

Tonight is Open Line Friday. My friend wants me to call in and say I'm a guy with a dolphin soul trapped inside. He's gonna say he was struck by lightning...and work off that.

I think I'm gonna end up missing it tonight. I promised my Dad I'd go with him to see my grandfather tomorrow. (He's 85 and just had cataract surgery on one of his eyes recently.)

But yes, please listen. It's one of the most entertaining things I've ever heard on the radio.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 12 166 posts 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12  Next