Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 40 posts 1, 2, 3  Next
Habemus Papam Franciscum!!! PostMon Feb 11, 2013 9:39 am Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2915East Hartford, CT
He says he's too old and infirm. I'm gonna miss him... and suddenly it all makes sense when I saw the "Fantastic Easter Special" episode: that the newscaster announced that "Pope Benedict has stepped down, ushering in a new era of... Pope Bill Donohue." With Benedict about to resign, here's hoping that Bill Donohue of the American Catholic League doesn't take his place! :wink:

http://xfinity.comcast.net/articles/new ... ican.Pope/

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 10:04 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
My prediction of the next pope....

Someone who will both unify the Catholic Church, and also DESTROY it at the same time!! :shock:

Kinda sounds like this guy :P

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christoph_Sch%C3%B6nborn
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 11:30 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Now that's what I call a Snowball's chance in hell. :lol:

GO SNOWBALL!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 12:48 pm Offline
Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:21 pm2
Turns out you can't be a Pope if you used to be a Hitler Youth, head of the Inquisition, and systematically covered-up the sexual abuse of children for decades.

Or you know. "Health reasons".
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 2:31 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
Good riddance! Not that I care who is the mascot of the richest organisation in the world, but this pope has offended me personally so many times, I wish him nothing but all the worst. I wish that on his death bed he realises that he has done nothing but spread hatred and regrets it.
I just hope that Vincezo Paglia will be the next to wear the stupid hat, so maybe, just maybe catholibans in my country will loosen up their anti-gay and anti-reason campaign.
http://www.religionnews.com/2013/02/04/ ... y-couples/

madeleineguy wrote:
Turns out you can't be a Pope if you used to be a Hitler Youth, head of the Inquisition, and systematically covered-up the sexual abuse of children for decades.

No, I don't think that's the case. Remeber Pius XII?
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 5:24 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
This isn't a resignation. It's an abdication. This filthy rat is comparable to Hitler. The fuhrer killed millions of people, but at least there was a whole worldwide war to take him down. This cunt poured acid on the wounds of tons of people and failed to demonstrate any responsibility. Meanwhile, there hasn't even been nearly enough momentum built up aimed at ending his tenure by any means necessary. Absolutely NOBODY who spends their whole day sitting in a throne looking like a sparkly fairy tale wizard should command any sort of respect, and yet there are nearly a billion brainwashed numbskulls who blindly follow him because they can't think for themselves. An amoeba is smarter than any dipshit that takes anything this man says seriously. May this 14th century faggot meet his demise in the near future. It can't come soon enough.

No idź już sobie, Pope Beenadick ZingerRat
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 7:21 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Eh, I'll pile on The Church a little and call them out for helping AIDS spread through their ridiculous anti-birth control policy. Jesus would be so proud.

If they started a reality show to pick the next Pope, that would be a more classy move by The Church than what they've been up to. They can run the competition 24/7 on their cable channel.

Call it a hunch, but I bet the next Pope will be an old white guy who also bravely protected the status quo during that whole "kiddy diddling" thing. And he'll look great in those ruby slippers. But sadly, he probably won't be a dead ringer for Emperor Palpatine.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 8:41 pm Offline
The way you all are talking...maybe an American Pontiff wouldn't be so bad...

May I suggest Cardinal Sean O'Malley?!? :wink: :mrgreen:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sean_O%27Malley

Mamont: Pagila is a Bishop. I cannot recall the last time a 'bishop' became head of the church before he was elevated to Cardinal.

Most likely...the new "Pope" will be from Italy. The most "Papable" at the moment seems to be Angelo Scola. But he might not be well received among the public :roll:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Feb 11, 2013 8:57 pm Offline
List of Papable Popes: By potential Rank

1. Angelo Scola, Italy (Milan)
2. Christopf Schonborn, Italy/Austria (Vienna)
3. Marc Ouellet, Canada (Quebec)
4. Angelo Bagnasco, Italy (Genoa)
5. George Pell, Australia (Sydney)
6. Antonio Canizares Llovera, Spain [nicknamed "Little Ratzinger" :twisted: ]
7. Odilo Scherer, Brazil (San Paulo)

Wild Cards:
Joao Braz de Aviz, Brazil
Leonardo Sandri, Argentina
Gianfranco Ravasi, Italy
Oscar Rodriguez Maradiga, Honduras
Peter Turkson, Ghana (he'd be your first black pope!!)
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Feb 13, 2013 9:43 am Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
I don't like this, but at the same time, I don't hate this. I guess this is because I'm not Catholic. At any rate, may they find someone who will truly be a man of faith and a man of the people.
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Feb 13, 2013 2:42 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
triplemultiplex wrote:

Bah, that was done better early on, say seven years ago:

And then there's this whopper. :cartmanevillaugh:

My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Feb 13, 2013 5:23 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Giggle. Twitter was blowin' up with this the other day. My fave to come out of it was this:
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostThu Feb 14, 2013 6:47 pm Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
You know, it is kind of strange that the Pope would resign when all former popes died of old age, sickness, or assassination.
triplemultiplex wrote:

Pope Palpatine ain't got sh*t on Darth Malgus from The Old Republic!

Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostFri Feb 15, 2013 7:38 pm Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2915East Hartford, CT
Well, here's what Bullseye claimed on page 88 of Entertainment Weekly Issue #1247 (Feb. 22, 2013):

"'I quit!' said the Pope after watching Mark Burnett's The Bible."

This is getting weird and ridiculous, wouldn't you say? :|

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostTue Feb 19, 2013 9:45 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
Too bad season 17 starts in September. By that time new pope will be yesterday's news.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 40 posts 1, 2, 3  Next