Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 3 40 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostTue Mar 05, 2013 1:28 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
So the cardinals are going to get together at the Sistine Chapel to pick a new Pope today or tomorrow. Super...or something? I don't know. I'm a nondenominational Christian. :lol:
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostTue Mar 05, 2013 10:51 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18774I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I think they draw names out of the Papal Mitre, and the last two fight to the death bare breasted, holding a baby in each arm for the position... wait, that's how the clan McAdder go into battle. Sorry, I've got my wires crossed at some point in there.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Mar 06, 2013 12:27 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am560
I hate to rain on this parade (yeah, right), but according to the famous Prophecy of the Popes, the next Pope will also be the last one: "Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End." Granted, this prophecy is frowned upon by the Vatican for obvious reasons, but I thought I'd mention it anyway.

So here he comes, Peter the Roman, gravedigger of the Catholic Church. In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus sancti.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Mar 06, 2013 1:13 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
The Church doesn't support that list, since it includes antipopes and interpretations that go through hoops to fit the phrases. And it doesn't agree that the next pope is the last one.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Mar 06, 2013 9:52 am Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1434in a secret underground bunker
The Catholic Church doesn't agree with that because it's the Catholic Church and doesn't realize that the "Church" has Terminal Cancer :twisted:

I mean, I am Catholic, and if you ask me....they are more endangered and in more trouble than REPUBLICANS are in Congress! :shock: Times are indeed changing...and they need a pope that can change with the time....instead of trying to "Go Backward" into the 1950's...which they have tried to do as of late. :roll:

The church is also either broke...or hiding all that money underneath the Sistean Chapel as a 'rainy day fund'. Many churches are now closing. We have no priests, because YOUNG people don't have the faith or ambition to enter into the hands of god as 'endetured servers' of the religion.

Until the church wakes up and realizes that the world is changing, and accepts that....they won't recover. They are in denial. Every homily I hear is a "Fear Tactic" about Media, the Democrats, Dangerous Television and Video Games....Again...they don't live in a MODERN AGE!! :assface:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Mar 06, 2013 5:57 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
The church has billions and billions locked up in first-rate, tax free property. Thousands of churches sitting on very expensive land in every city on half the planet. Some of the architecture is so unique, it's priceless. Vatican City itself has enough real estate fund any crazy scheme you could want.

VACOOLA wrote:
I hate to rain on this parade (yeah, right), but according to the famous Prophecy of the Popes, the next Pope will also be the last one

If only we were to be so lucky. Too bad that's a bunch of bullshit.

It'd be nice for humanity take another step towards leaving the silliness of religion in our past. Nothing sudden or violent, just slowly abandon an archaic tradition over the generations.

I'd better stop before I sound like even more of a jerk.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Last edited by triplemultiplex on Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Mar 11, 2013 9:14 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm299
Watching the news coverage of who will be the next Pope was interesting. They panned over the crowd of the 115 Cardinals, all wearing the same robes and clothes. A reporter said it reminded her of an SNL skit I never heard of; I found it on Vimeo.Com: "Find The Pope in the Pizza." It's just like watching the news cast of all the Cardinals, knowing that one of these Cardinals will in fact be the next Pope. Instead of seeing a sea of Cardinals sitting in The Sistine Chapel, you see a sea of Cardinals' faces in a pizza:

Father Guido Sarducci

The Find The Pope In The Pizza starts at time index 3:54

Total running time: 6:30

Funny clip :)
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Mar 11, 2013 5:50 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
I like to imagine that the first time the cardinals vote, they all vote for themselves. Then after sharing a good laugh, they get down to business.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostMon Mar 11, 2013 10:40 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
triplemultiplex wrote:
I like to imagine that the first time the cardinals vote, they all vote for themselves. Then after sharing a good laugh, they get down to business.

I'm sure it happened centuries ago, and the rules were changed so no cardinal can vote for himself. :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Mar 13, 2013 11:51 am Offline
So white smoke came out of the Sistine Chapel 40 minutes ago; there is a new Pope, but we don't know at the time of this post who the new Pope is. We should know within 20 minutes.

Congratulations and best of luck to the Cardinal that was elected Pope.
Last edited by zzyzx 2 on Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Mar 13, 2013 11:52 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Be afraid.
Be very afraid.
Surrender, Dorothy!

We have a Pope!
My SP Fan Site.

Re: Pope Benedict XVI to resign on February 28 PostWed Mar 13, 2013 12:15 pm Offline
The new Pope is: Pope Francis I, the former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio, a Jesuit Cardinal apointed by Pope John Paul II, from Argentina. A South American Pope, not a Europen Pope, Pope Francis is 76 years old.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jorge_Bergoglio
Re: Habemus Papam Franciscum!!! PostWed Mar 13, 2013 12:23 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
As you can see, he is not Petrus Romanus, so he is not the last pope, and St. Malachy's list ... has a gap in it. :)
My SP Fan Site.

Re: Habemus Papam Franciscum!!! PostWed Mar 13, 2013 12:30 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Everybody do the Pope Hat dance! :D (Wait. What?)
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: Pope Francis I PostWed Mar 13, 2013 12:42 pm Offline

Sort by  
Page 2 of 3 40 posts Previous  1, 2, 3  Next