Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 11 posts
Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostFri Mar 22, 2013 5:56 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm299
Punxsutawney Phil, that groundhog who on February 2nd every year predicts whether or not there will be an early spring, has been indicted by an Ohio district attorney for bad prediction of an early spring :shock:

Here in Southern California, we really had no winter to speak of. Little rain, little snow, and now a beautiful spring :)

However, in Ohio, they are still having winter and the temps today were in the teens.

Mike Gmoser, a district attorney, indicted Punxsutawney Phil for "misrepresentation of spring, a felony 'against the peace and dignity of the state of Ohio.'"

On TV (where I first saw this report), the D.A. said he is seeking the death penalty as Punxsutawney Phil already lives his life behind bars :lol:

What do you think?

http://www.myfoxla.com/story/21771389/p ... g-forecast
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostSun Mar 24, 2013 8:52 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I say fry the little furry bastard. And serve him in a nice Port reduction on a bed of Endive. 'Cause that makes as much sense as anything in that story. :?
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostWed Mar 27, 2013 4:42 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Ha, priceless!

If convicted, they could just send him over here to Wisconsin where we are on the verge of having a hunting season for those things. (They call it a groundhog, but it's technically a marmot. They go by lots of names: groundhog, woodchuck, whistle pig, that goddamn son of a bitch that dug up my yard.)
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostWed Mar 27, 2013 8:53 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Charges were dropped. Phil's handler takes the blame for misreading what Phil saw.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostThu Mar 28, 2013 2:50 pm Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
So, now his handler will be sentenced to death? :P
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostThu Mar 28, 2013 7:41 pm Offline
Meh, he'd be too stringy anyway.
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostThu Mar 28, 2013 11:23 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Mamont wrote:
So, now his handler will be sentenced to death? :P

"No hard feelin's but..." :lol:
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostSat Mar 30, 2013 12:03 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
BRMBug wrote:
Meh, he'd be too stringy anyway.

Who? The handler? :lol:
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostSat Mar 30, 2013 9:36 pm Offline
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostMon Apr 01, 2013 4:12 pm Offline
  • YIM
Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:48 pm1543Dayton, Texas, USA
Here are my thoughts: If a groundhog can be indicted for a misrepresentation of spring (even though he's an animal), then meteorologists should be able to be indicted for making bad predictions, too. I mean it's only fair, right? :roll:
Texas born; Texas raised; Texas proud!
REVERSE THE POLARITY OF THE NEUTRON FLOW! (Proud Doctor Who fan.)
Proud member of the Tin Foil Hat Club.
Jeff Murdock "Mopie" (1986-2013) Rest in peace, Mopie.
Re: Punxsutawney Phil indicted for weather prediction :o PostMon Apr 01, 2013 7:27 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Big-Will wrote:
Charges were dropped. Phil's handler takes the blame for misreading what Phil saw.

Isn't that always the way? They pin the blame on some underling while the boss gets away scot-free. :P
You read it! You can't unread it!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 11 posts