Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
A Canadian cartoon series PostSat Apr 27, 2013 4:16 pm Offline
Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:04 pm4
Hi I know that South Park is really popualr and infamous as cartoon of the USA, but what about Canada.

As a Canadian myself I always amused how the USA and other nations view Canada, like in South Park we are stick figures.

For some reason the Americans who think that there they are the only nation in North America who thoughts matter in the rest of the world, that's why Canada is consider such weird and unkown place.

I know that South Park the town is based were they grew the creators and lived some of there lives, I want to create a Port town/city based on Victoria and Vancover in BC.

Canada is more then Bob and Doug Mckenzie, I want to have the same Satire level of South Park but with a Canadian twist.

LW
Re: A Canadian cartoon series PostSun Apr 28, 2013 11:17 am Offline
Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:02 pm37
OMG if Terrance and Phillip was a spin-off....
Hello, My name is bailrocks123, and I'm addicted to South Park. LOL

Favs:
Charecter(out of the 4 boys): Kyle
Chatecter(in all): Butters
Episodes: Butters' Very Own Episode,Chreekoke Hair Tampons,and Kenny Dies.
Other:
Re: A Canadian cartoon series PostSun Apr 28, 2013 1:28 pm Offline
Sat Dec 15, 2007 7:04 pm4
I still would like a chance to create this idea for a Casnadian cartoon,

LW
Re: A Canadian cartoon series PostMon Apr 29, 2013 2:36 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
A Canadian twist? So more hockey jokes? :lol:

Americans' view of other nations often comes through a lens of undeserved superiority. Apparently, a lot of us confuse largess with excellence. We're quick to point out everything we do that's better than other countries, but easily ignore everything else that other countries do way better than us.

That is, unless it's something we really like. Us liberals have a habit of lusting after a lot of stuff that Western Europe, Canada, Japan, Australia, etc take for granted (education, health care, drug laws, rail transit, the metric system, nude beaches; you name it. It's fun because it pisses off conservatives who automatically hate everything European by default. This is all despite the fact that all those countries are as much works-in-progress as America.

When Americans make fun of Canada, that's the mindset at work. We see it all the time on South Park.
It also doesn't hurt that Canadians know how to take a joke and can laugh at themselves. There's no niche outrage industry making a big stink when you poke fun at Canada. But pull that shit on Israel or some place with lots of Muslims and you'll think the sky is falling. I've been on this forum long enough to run into multiple people complaining about how South Park made fun of Romania way the hell back in 2000. In that time, I saw exactly zero people complaining about bashing Canada. That says a lot about the folks above the 49th parallel.
You read it! You can't unread it!

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts