Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 1 post
Check this article out, how wild is this??not surprised?? PostThu May 16, 2013 1:54 am Offline
Tue Apr 23, 2013 5:07 pm33
Check this article out, how wild is this??not surprised?? when you put the ratio of car accidents together all of the different causes, I have to say that i am not.

A Seattle man who planned to dribble a soccer ball from Seattle to Brazil for charity died on Tuesday morning after being struck by a car in Lincoln City, Ore., according to The Oregonian.

According to the report, Lincoln City Police identified the man as Richard Swanson, 42, and later confirmed that Swanson was found with a ball similar to the one posted on his website, breakawaybrazil.com.

"I've heard that his parents indicated he was going to be dribbling a ball from Seattle to Brazil," Lincoln City Police Lt. Jerry Palmer told The Oregonian. Palmer also said investigators found materials among Swanson's things listing his website, breakawaybrazil.com.

Swanson, who had hoped to reach Sao Paulo, Brazil for the start of 2014 World Cup, described himself as an “avid runner, soccer player, and all around lover of the Pacific Northwest,” according to the report. He reportedly started his trip on May 1 and planned to visit 11 countries during his venture, which he intended to help benefit the One World Project.

Swanson set out on the trek to promote the One World Futbol Project, based in Berkeley, Calif., which donates durable soccer balls to people in developing countries. The organization did not immediately respond to a call for comment.

On Tuesday morning, Swanson posted a video on his Facebook page showing him walking along the beach, kicking a soccer ball. The 42-year-old had begun his journey on May 1.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 1 post