Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 6 posts
The government is spying on Verizon and our Internet! PostFri Jun 07, 2013 11:01 am Offline
Mon Sep 26, 2005 6:42 am2914East Hartford, CT
Soon we're all gonna die without due process and without fair trial! It's the end of the Internet and the USA as we know it! :cartmanscared:

http://news.yahoo.com/video/government- ... 32229.html

Bringing sexy back. (Thank you, Drisela, for the pic! :D)
Re: The government is spying on Verizon and our Internet! PostFri Jun 07, 2013 11:16 am Offline
Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:08 am37
that video isnt available from my location but is it similiar to this?

http://venturebeat.com/2013/06/06/prism ... ta-mining/
Re: The government is spying on Verizon and our Internet! PostFri Jun 07, 2013 6:38 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
SCOTUS didn't consider the third amendment to give people a fundamental right to privacy until Griswold v. Connecticut in 1965. It's absurd that you guys consider it an 'inalienable' right when people didn't realize it was in the constitution for almost 2 centuries after the constitution was written, as if the founders intended not quartering troops in your house to mean a right to privacy. SCOTUS decided that a law which had nothing to do with privacy meant we have a right to privacy; if it decides new technology like the internet or phones aren't counted under that law (like it did with film and amendment no 1 for half a century) then so be it.

I think spying on all people would make the justice system cheaper, less invasive and more accurate. As a foreign devil, I'd like US citizens to be spied on as much as foreigners. Well, more actually; I'd like our foreign governments to go all Khrushchev if you spy on our people but you can do what you want to your own folks.

The real problem is what they use the info for not that they're collecting it.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: The government is spying on Verizon and our Internet! PostSat Jun 08, 2013 2:12 am Offline
Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:08 am37
the government might section mickey321 after they've spied on him. :mrgreen:
Re: The government is spying on Verizon and our Internet! PostTue Jun 18, 2013 3:11 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
This is more about the fourth amendment than the third. I considered the activities of the NSA to be an unconstitutional search. The idea that there is now a ridiculously enormous database out in Utah with all that information is unsettling. All this to thwart one of the rarest threats to a American in the world: terrorism. Imagine if the government expended this type of effort to stop people from dying in car crashes or climate change-related weather; stuff that actually kills people every fucking day.

We all assumed the feds were up to this kind of shit, but to finally get confirmation still disturbs me deep inside. Not because I think the government is going to turn around and use it to oppress the people any time soon, but because I see an unwieldy giant dumping tons of resources into a problem that doesn't really exist to the extent the effort would seem to indicate. Meanwhile, the bad shit that is actually causing America harm goes virtually unaddressed. The tepid reforms in the wake of the '08 financial collapse are a perfect example. The continued march toward a two-class economic system is another. I already mentioned climate change and the hundreds of Americans killed in car wrecks every day. How about bridges that keep falling down? Or the slow destruction of public education by numerous states? It's a misallocation of resources, I say.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: The government is spying on Verizon and our Internet! PostTue Sep 03, 2013 9:14 am Offline
Tue Sep 03, 2013 8:53 am2
Privacy died when Zuckerberg and Sergey took control of our lives. Now, they back-door everything to PRISM.

On the other hand, now a lot of people know who I am! So, I traded privacy for celebrity - of a sort... maybe... maybe not.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 6 posts