Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 10 posts
Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostFri Jun 28, 2013 9:39 am Offline
Wed Jun 05, 2013 7:08 am37
Mine are

1. Peep Show
2. The Young Ones
3. South Park :unhoodedkenny:
4. Blackadder
5. Fawlty Towers
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostSat Jun 29, 2013 12:57 pm Offline
Sat Jun 29, 2013 11:34 am1
1. South Park
2. Louie
3. Beavis and Butthead
4. Curb Your Enthusiasm
5. Da Ali G Show :)
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostSat Jun 29, 2013 9:28 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
In no particular order:

Arrested Development
South Park
Family Guy (sorry haters!)
Futurama
Chappelle's Show

(that was really hard to pick just five)
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostMon Jul 01, 2013 9:46 am Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia
Frasier
Mash
Married with Children
Monkey Dust
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Last edited by Unassumption on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostMon Jul 01, 2013 10:52 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2272Croatia (SE Europe)
South Park
The Simpsons
Monty Python's Flying Circus
Red Dwarf
Blackadder
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostMon Jul 01, 2013 6:52 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Television is so schizo these days. Some of the best stuff ever made is on right now, but at the same time there is just tons and tons of complete shit. But you won't find most of it on the broadcast networks. You need cable, streaming or a good torrent to get most of the good stuff. The networks are losing it.
Hell, just look at NBC; they almost cancelled an awesome show in "Community" while at the same time, they put a show on the air with a goddamn monkey. A monkey! For reals! In 2012!! That's last year, not 30 years ago. Someone at NBC thought adult humans wanted to see a shitty comedy with a monkey in it. But an immensely well written show that is totally self aware and rewards it's viewers for being intelligent? "Meh, we don't know if that's for us here at NBC."

Thanks to the interwebs, I can watch shows that air on channels I never heard of. I didn't know what the hell "IFC" was. It sounded like a place that either serves pancakes or fried chicken (or both). But when a podcast I listen to got turned into a show on this alleged TV station, I didn't even worry that I don't get it because I knew that shit would be online.

Look at the lists you are making. Are any of them currently airing new episodes on a broadcast network (NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC)? Except for legacies like The Simpsons, the answer is no. The good shows are on FX and HBO and Comedy Central and so on. Because those smaller channels are not run by morons trying to get baby boomers to stay up past 9 to watch a bunch of washed up celebri-tards dance or skate or punch each other. (Or jump into a pool; seriously, that was a thing I saw advertised last year... on two different channels!!)
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostTue Jul 02, 2013 12:45 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
In no particular order:

Arrested Development
South Park
Family Guy (sorry haters!)
Futurama
Chappelle's Show

(that was really hard to pick just five)

i think family guy fans are fine. they really dont bother me even if i dont like the show, but ive been watching arrested development fans on the ign forums and im actually pretty certain i want to kill at least half of them. Some of them are really pretentious.
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostTue Jul 02, 2013 1:03 pm Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
Television is so schizo these days. Some of the best stuff ever made is on right now, but at the same time there is just tons and tons of complete shit. But you won't find most of it on the broadcast networks. You need cable, streaming or a good torrent to get most of the good stuff. The networks are losing it.
Hell, just look at NBC; they almost cancelled an awesome show in "Community" while at the same time, they put a show on the air with a goddamn monkey. A monkey! For reals! In 2012!! That's last year, not 30 years ago. Someone at NBC thought adult humans wanted to see a shitty comedy with a monkey in it. But an immensely well written show that is totally self aware and rewards it's viewers for being intelligent? "Meh, we don't know if that's for us here at NBC."

Thanks to the interwebs, I can watch shows that air on channels I never heard of. I didn't know what the hell "IFC" was. It sounded like a place that either serves pancakes or fried chicken (or both). But when a podcast I listen to got turned into a show on this alleged TV station, I didn't even worry that I don't get it because I knew that shit would be online.

Look at the lists you are making. Are any of them currently airing new episodes on a broadcast network (NBC, CBS, FOX, ABC)? Except for legacies like The Simpsons, the answer is no. The good shows are on FX and HBO and Comedy Central and so on. Because those smaller channels are not run by morons trying to get baby boomers to stay up past 9 to watch a bunch of washed up celebri-tards dance or skate or punch each other. (Or jump into a pool; seriously, that was a thing I saw advertised last year... on two different channels!!)

i cant really comment on american TV channels but I always got the impression that they were extremely prudish. I'm pretty sure MTV cut out small bits from the young ones because they thought it was too vulgar. BBC America is far worse. They completely cut out this scene at 1:29 to the end

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z55mLS-qWnc

i remember there was some american remake of the inbetweeners and they cut out lots of swearing and sex bits. I've heard this sort of stuff happen a lot. I really don't know how Family Guy and South Park dont get cut. Is it the channels they're on?

TV is not as good here either. Peep Show got f*cked over by being put in really bad time slots and then was almost cancelled after the 4th series. LOL.

I think channels and corporations play it safe now because its easier to get money if you do this rather than having controversial shows on or not even controversial just something different and non orthodox.
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostSat Jul 06, 2013 8:11 am Offline
Sat Jul 03, 2004 9:14 pm7970Montgomery, AL
In no particular order:
South Park
The Simpsons (90's episodes)
Futurama
The Daily Show
The Colbert Report
Re: Name your top 5 favourite comedies PostThu Jul 11, 2013 8:25 pm Offline
Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:51 pm6
1. South Park
2. Beavis and Butthead