Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 2 19 posts Previous  1, 2
Re: Pope Francis clears way for Pope John Paul II's sainthoo PostFri Aug 09, 2013 7:58 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
Lech Walesa had a million times bigger role than the pope. What would he do without him? More or less everything he did do. And that's just Poland. Pope had big influence in Poland, but not so much in other countries.
I think rock and roll had bigger influence in the fall of Soviet regime than the pope.
Seriously, you still haven't explained how the pope defeated communism. What was the mechanism behind it?
Re: Pope Francis clears way for Pope John Paul II's sainthoo PostSat Aug 10, 2013 2:52 pm Offline
Tue May 24, 2011 1:49 pm3867In range of my WiFi
Quote:
Seriously, you still haven't explained how the pope defeated communism. What was the mechanism behind it?

Communists are drones
Zombies are drones
If A=C and B=C, then A=B
Therefore communists are zombies
Zombies are undead
Clerics can cast "turn undead"
The pope is high level a Cleric
Therefore the pope can cast "turn undead" on reds

Communism fell because of inherent flaws with communism. It did not fall because of an outside force, especially not an individual, be it Regan or the pope.

If playing a small role in the fall of a political organization that was already falling under its own weight is enough to become a saint, half the world should be saints.
AND BY THE WAY, I WIN
Re: Pope Francis clears way for Pope John Paul II's sainthoo PostSun Aug 11, 2013 3:45 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Looks like our noblE opponent has given up and run away from the battlefield, which is a pity, because I was just about to point out how the Marxist idea of Communism takes its roots from the works of Christian authors, such as the Book of Revelation by an unknown ancient guy, and mostly Utopia by Sir Thomas More who, quite ironically, also happens to be a Catholic saint! Okay, says our virtual opponent, but didn't the Bolsheviks declare themselves atheists? They did. So who the fuck cares if they also made a modernized version of More's "Heaven on Earth" concept the cornerstone of their totalitarian regime? It has absolutely nothing to do with Christianity, or any religion for that matter, especially since the great Wojtyla kept repeating his famous "Don't be afraid" mantra for an entire decade, thus bringing the true light of knowledge to the people who had supposedly been brainwashed by the Commies.

Then I was going to accuse Catholicism of being no different than any other totalitarian ideology out there, given its undeniable responsibility for the killing of millions and millions of so-called heathens and heretics throughout the centuries. To which a real papist's response should be that the Catholic church is no longer guilty of its crimes thanks to Wojtyla's sincere apologies to the victims. Or some such ridiculous nonsense.

Now it seems I'll have to keep all these banalities to myself. What a bummer!
Re: Pope Francis clears way for Pope John Paul II's sainthoo PostSun Aug 11, 2013 2:39 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
VACOOLA wrote:
I was going to accuse Catholicism of being no different than any other totalitarian ideology out there, given its undeniable responsibility for the killing of millions and millions of so-called heathens and heretics throughout the centuries. To which a real papist's response should be that the Catholic church is no longer guilty of its crimes thanks to Wojtyla's sincere apologies to the victims. Or some such ridiculous nonsense.

A real papist would counter that Jesus, our alleged Lord and Savior, was betrayed by one of his own men, which led to his crucifixion. But that was foretold in Isaiah. The second response would be that Jesus didn't found an impeccable church, just one whose teachings would be infallible. Thus, things like the killing of millions and millions of so-called heathens and heretics throughout the centuries was to be expected. The Protestants did the same, and the Muslims these days do it, and the Aztecs. All human, none protected from sin by their teachings.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 2 of 2 19 posts Previous  1, 2