Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 9 posts
Haven't been here since 2005 PostTue Sep 10, 2013 5:35 am Offline
Wed Dec 31, 1969 5:00 pm3Phoenix
Out of curiosity and delerium, I decided to log in to my SPS account after about 7 or 8 years.

Anyone else that used to frequent the BBS in the early 2000's still around? Coffee guy and Big Will are still modding, which is awesome.

I used to spend roughly 8-10 hours a day on here and also in the IRC chat, is that even still around?
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostTue Sep 10, 2013 6:54 am Offline
Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:30 am405
Welcome back. The chat is still around, but on a new server. Unfortunately, it's basically dead, with only two or three idlers that regularly still visit. I wish it would become more active, but I don't really see that happening. I'll still try to visit every day for as long as it's around or until my computer explodes, though.
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostTue Sep 10, 2013 11:35 am Offline
Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:56 pm192In your hearts.
Welcome back to the No-end house.
Send me a PM. (Milo Vonnegut)

Milo Vonnegut, Milo Vonnegut 2, Online Milo, Milo Vonnegut 3, Keyblade, Tugennov Olim
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostTue Sep 10, 2013 6:20 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
January 2005 is when I joined this bad boy. That makes me one of only couple of people who could remember you. (Alas, I do not. It's just too long ago.)

Coffeeguy hasn't been around in years. Will has been keeping this place in order by himself for quite a while now even before activity started declining. I can't remember the last time I saw anything from another mod.

If there's an award for most necro'd user, you win, dude. 8 years is way longer than BSR's occasional breeze-throughs every year or two.

Hope you're still enjoying the show and feel free to drop some comments about new eps when they fire up in a couple weeks.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostTue Sep 10, 2013 10:16 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
You aren't missing much. We're inundated with noobs, spammers, trolls like Milo, and wannabes like zzyzx. Half the posts anyone ever makes anymore are fangirls ranting and complaining about their favorite character.
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostWed Sep 11, 2013 4:35 am Offline
triplemultiplex wrote:
January 2005 is when I joined this bad boy. That makes me one of only couple of people who could remember you. (Alas, I do not. It's just too long ago.)

Coffeeguy hasn't been around in years. Will has been keeping this place in order by himself for quite a while now even before activity started declining. I can't remember the last time I saw anything from another mod.

If there's an award for most necro'd user, you win, dude. 8 years is way longer than BSR's occasional breeze-throughs every year or two.

Hope you're still enjoying the show and feel free to drop some comments about new eps when they fire up in a couple weeks.

Yeah, I actually joined the BBS likely somehwere in late 2003, was very active for couple years after that. I had been going to the IRC room since '02ish, and those were some good days.

Random thing, my "signed up" date shows up from the year 1970...huh.

And back when I was around Big Will was really active, I got to know him pretty well through the chat.

It's a shame that it sounds like things have gone downhill here :(
Last edited by Psychobrat on Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostWed Sep 11, 2013 4:41 am Offline
Funny, I also found the article from 2004 when I won a trivia round.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/35 ... ne-25-2004

I had my SN shorter in IRC so it wouldn't display as "Psychobra"

I miss all those guys :(

Breayle still around?
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostWed Sep 11, 2013 8:28 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Breayle hasn't been around for years. She left the studios years ago, maybe around '06-'07. I think she works in graphic design now.
Re: Haven't been here since 2005 PostWed Sep 11, 2013 11:47 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Psychobrat wrote:
It's a shame that it sounds like things have gone downhill here :(

Indeed. That started maybe five years ago after some pretty nasty flamewars, and the reactions to "200" and "201" three years ago didn't help.

Psychobrat wrote:
Funny, I also found the article from 2004 when I won a trivia round.

http://www.southparkstudios.com/news/35 ... ne-25-2004

I had my SN shorter in IRC so it wouldn't display as "Psychobra"

I miss all those guys :(

Breayle still around?

What did you win that week? The prize for the following week seemed awesome.

Breayle left for art school nine years ago and we got a new admin, nall. Breayle's on Facebook and has her own shop on etsy.

As for the chatroom, nall removed the link to it about five years ago and it split in two, neither of which is active these days. Maybe one of them is gone now, I don't know.

Posting as psykobrat: Thu May 13, 2004 - Wed Oct 06, 2004

Last visited: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:39 pm
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 9 posts