Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
flash vs java (chat) PostWed Nov 13, 2013 6:08 pm Offline
Wed Nov 13, 2013 1:20 pm2
hello all

let me know what you think about this below

i think they this website should use flash based chat rather than java based because it is more secure and takes less time to load. also i think it is more common since most computer already come with adobe flash player with the new computers and even though i like the java chats just more laggy and requires more internet. and takes more time to setup

for example i own Southpark

http://xat.com/Southpark

it has an automated bot (for flash) that manages the chat and protects it. you can set filter for language and make custom commands or add automesages or even make users member or make it do anything. you can do anything with it. java is hard to do this with and harder to code.

it looks something like this:

http://img5.imageshack.us/img5/9208/yjpn.png

i am not advertising just giving you an example of how flash would look. the websit below is xat.

for people who do not know what xat is

xat.com is a fun social networking site, join a group, make friends, create your own xat group.

here is an example screenshot: http://prntscr.com/24045p

or you can visit: http://xat.com/Southpark (for live example)
Re: flash vs java (chat) PostThu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 am Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
This website hasn't had a proper chat for ages, and it's probably better that way. What used to be the site's Java-based chat fell into disuse and in its final days of activity was promoted and run by a couple of incompetent fucks who couldn't hit water if they jumped out of a boat. Count your blessings.

Not to discourage you, but many people have come on here trying to encourage others to join a chat room they've created. It doesn't fly with people here. There aren't enough regular visitors to have a chat room with sufficient activity.
Re: flash vs java (chat) PostThu Nov 14, 2013 2:07 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
To be fair, the defunct chatroom was great when this site's former Webmaster, breayle, ran it with several other ops and it was on DALnet. We sometimes got to see what the Studios looked like from her office, or saw Matt or Trey walk by. The room was good for maybe four or five years, until breayle left and the room was moved to a different site. Then nall decided to drop the chatroom from the menu and tried out a different kind of chatroom. One autumn, the admins had a chat during and after every new episode, but this lasted only one run, didn't do well, and hasn't been tried since. And this late in the game, the closest thing you have to a chat is the Facebook page, and I don't think South Park Studios has used (or can use) Facebook's chat feature on that page.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: flash vs java (chat) PostFri Nov 15, 2013 10:25 pm Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm299
To the OP Oiggy:

Two chatrooms still exist; but 9,999/10,000 times the rooms are occupied only with "idlers," ppl that are logged in but not paying attention to anything going on in the room. Even a guesstamate of 1/10,000 of the time that there is chatting going on is optimistic at best.

To view these chatrooms, you need an IRC client ("chatabout" has a Java link as well to enter it, but I forgot what it is).

Aquaria, room #sps is at irc.aquaria.org, port 6667

Chatabout, also room #sps is at irc.chatabout.net, port 6667

Check it out, Oiggy. This thread reminded me of those irc's and I'm in there now. And surprise, I am having a conversation in Aquaria IRC right now.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts