Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 5 posts
me and obsession PostSun Jan 26, 2014 10:05 pm Offline
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm87
Ok, i do admit i like the show a little too much, especially for an 11 year old. But seriously, if you were me, would you be able to tolerate THIS:

"blah blah blah you watch too much south park"
"YOU'RE WATCHING SOUTH PARK. MOOOOM JACOB'S WATCHING SOUTH PARK"
"FIND ANOTHER TV SHOW TO WATCH"

I mean, seriously. That is just too much nagging

And then the whole family is more obsessed with LOST in 4 days than me in three months.
Now you also can hear THIS:

"DID THE SMOKE MONSTER EAT MICHAEL"
"BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH LOST"
"SYSTEM FAILURE SYSTEM FAILURE"
"WHEN DO THEY GET OFF THE ISLAND"
"SMOKE MONSTER THIS SMOKE MONSTER THAT"

What's more annoying, that or this:

(me and my brother imitating the show obviously)
Me: It's bad! It's a bad three toed sloth
Big Brother: Eric for god's sake
Me: RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH

And then there's this:
Everyone except me is obsessed with the other show. Even my little sister watches Lost. SOUTH PARK AND LOST ARE BOTH RATED TV-14! HOW IS LOST MORE APPROPRIATE?!?

Frick, im getting carried away...
Favorite Character(s): Kyle and Kenny
Favorite Episode: Scott Tenorman Must Die
Favorite Season(s): 1, 2, 3, and 8
First Episode Seen: Summer Sucks (officially)
Re: me and obsession PostSun Jan 26, 2014 10:41 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Haha, you like cartoons!

But then so do i. You just have a different preference than the rest of your family does.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: me and obsession PostSun Jan 26, 2014 11:26 pm Offline
Fri Sep 13, 2013 5:52 pm129In your hearts.

SP isn't typically TV-14, unless you're watching it on a local station at midnight that's probably editted for content.

I hate LOST. I'm more of a Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones guy myself.

Like Will said, its a matter of preference. You like something your family doesn't. Television, like film and literature, is subjective. Take Star Wars for instance. Some love this franchise and everything it comes with -all 6 movies, video games, Clone Wars- others only stick to the old trilogy.

Now look, people are judgmental, by nature. You're always gonna hear it from someone who doesn't like a certain quality of you, whether its something you like, eat, drink, watch, do.

But as long as YOU like SP, it shouldn't matter anyone else thinks. You're not just gonna conform to your family's tastes, are you.

Damn, I typed a lot.
Send me a PM.

Milo Vonnegut | Milo Vonnegut 2 | Online Milo | Milo Vonnegut 3 | Keyblade | Tugennov Olim

GET BACK TO TWERK
Re: me and obsession PostTue Jan 28, 2014 11:38 am Offline
Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:53 pm87
Milo Vonnegut 3 wrote:

SP isn't typically TV-14, unless you're watching it on a local station at midnight that's probably editted for content.

I hate LOST. I'm more of a Walking Dead, American Horror Story, Game of Thrones guy myself.

Like Will said, its a matter of preference. You like something your family doesn't. Television, like film and literature, is subjective. Take Star Wars for instance. Some love this franchise and everything it comes with -all 6 movies, video games, Clone Wars- others only stick to the old trilogy.

Now look, people are judgmental, by nature. You're always gonna hear it from someone who doesn't like a certain quality of you, whether its something you like, eat, drink, watch, do.

But as long as YOU like SP, it shouldn't matter anyone else thinks. You're not just gonna conform to your family's tastes, are you.

Damn, I typed a lot.

Oh.
Favorite Character(s): Kyle and Kenny
Favorite Episode: Scott Tenorman Must Die
Favorite Season(s): 1, 2, 3, and 8
First Episode Seen: Summer Sucks (officially)
Re: me and obsession PostWed Jan 29, 2014 2:55 am Offline
Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 am2270Croatia (SE Europe)
That reminds me of discussion with my mum that goes back to when I was in junior high and still goes on today (on rare occasions). I love cartoons, my mum can't stand them (at least most of the ones I watch). When I would turn on Cartoon Network she'd go on and on how awful and grotesque the characters look, how how annoying the voices are...
Surprisingly, she likes South Park. SP and The Simpsons are only two cartoons we can agree on.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 5 posts