Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 4 posts
Thinking of making one PostMon Apr 23, 2012 2:42 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Thinking of making a site where I embed the preview clips, as well as posting the press release and press images. This is so the people of some international communities that can't access southparkstudios.com and southparkstudios.co.uk can still find these things. If I post the link (not to spam) on every pre-air thread, would it be a good idea? Is it allowed?
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: Thinking of making one PostMon Apr 23, 2012 8:42 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
99 i fail wrote:
Thinking of making a site where I embed the preview clips, as well as posting the press release and press images. This is so the people of some international communities that can't access southparkstudios.com and southparkstudios.co.uk can still find these things. If I post the link (not to spam) on every pre-air thread, would it be a good idea? Is it allowed?

If those people can't reach southparkstudios.com and southparkstudios.co.uk on their own, because of geolocking, they probably won't be able to see the embedded preview clips - because of geolocking - but they'll see the preview images.

Posting the link is pointless in the preview thread, since wi'll get the clip and images from nall or someone else, but you can put the link in your signature with a description, like "SP for international communities"

...and I do all that already. :P
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Thinking of making one PostTue Apr 24, 2012 12:59 pm Offline
Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:42 am115
Big-Will wrote:
99 i fail wrote:

If those people can't reach southparkstudios.com and southparkstudios.co.uk on their own, because of geolocking, they probably won't be able to see the embedded preview clips - because of geolocking - but they'll see the preview images.

Posting the link is pointless in the preview thread, since wi'll get the clip and images from nall or someone else, but you can put the link in your signature with a description, like "SP for international communities"

...and I do all that already. :P

I'm confused. So maybe you could break it down by answering these questions:
1. Is the website a good idea or a stupid one?
2. If the answer the question 1 is yes, move on with the assessment. If not, just answer question 2. And which of these should I put on the website:
a. embedded preview clip from southparkstudios.com
b.press images
c. Where, if anywhere, should I put a link to the website on the forums? And how should I do this if I do?
d. copy and paste of press release (see question 3a before answering)
e. embedded preview clip on youtube (see question 3b before answering)
3a. If I copy and paste the press release, saying the whole website's resources are property of Comedy Central, would that be legal in the USA?
3b. If I use a file converter to download the preview clip, and upload that to youtube, saying it is property of the creators and Comedy Central, would that be legal in the USA?

If you're not sure about the answers to question 3, I'm okay asking a law enforcement website.
If you don't like the direction SP's going in, quit watching.There's nothing we could do about it, unless you're producer or higher in the authority chain.And they won't listen to fan ideas.It's not worth your time to only hate.
Re: Thinking of making one PostTue Apr 24, 2012 1:18 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
99 i fail wrote:
1. Is the website a good idea or a stupid one?
2. If the answer the question 1 is yes, move on with the assessment. If not, just answer question 2. And which of these should I put on the website:
a. embedded preview clip from southparkstudios.com
b.press images
c. Where, if anywhere, should I put a link to the website on the forums? And how should I do this if I do?
d. copy and paste of press release (see question 3a before answering)
e. embedded preview clip on youtube (see question 3b before answering)
3a. If I copy and paste the press release, saying the whole website's resources are property of Comedy Central, would that be legal in the USA?
3b. If I use a file converter to download the preview clip, and upload that to youtube, saying it is property of the creators and Comedy Central, would that be legal in the USA?

If you're not sure about the answers to question 3, I'm okay asking a law enforcement website.

1. Good idea.

2c. In your signature, just like I have mine in my signature.

3a. You don't have to go that far. Just say something like "Info for this episode of the season now up" and put in the episode description, images, and clips. People will know that it's all from South Park Studios.

3b. You can try it, but if YouTube sends you a message that Viacom has claimed copyright infringement, you'll have your answer. You can go ahead and dispute it with YouTube if you want, but it might not be worth your while. After tomorrow, the first half of the season is over and no one will care about the preview clips. But you have plenty of time to develop your site until October comes. :)

I haven't found any episode previews from this season on YouTube, just so you know.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 4 posts