Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 3 33 posts 1, 2, 3  Next

Should Kenny talk regularly?
Yes 34%  34%  [ 32 ]
No 66%  66%  [ 62 ]
Total votes : 94
Should Kenny speak normally now? PostFri Nov 12, 2010 7:45 pm Offline
Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:46 pm143Park County Police Station
So I was thinking about this, and at first I was like "Yeah! Why not?" As of the Coon and Friends trilogy, not understanding Kenny's speech is nothing special anymore. Maybe a few gags, but still. We have Timmy for that.

But now I don't know. All I know is I would love to see Kenny being reworked to be just as heroic as Stan and Kyle. Keep his vulgarity, sexual awareness, and overall maturity, though. Since Cartman is an outright villain these days, Kenny should be the anti-hero. And it would be interesting if they could pull that off while keeping his signature muffled speech.

What say ye?
Characters Ranked by Speaking Appearances...y'know, if you care about useless, autistic trivia like that.

Favorite Characters: Randy, Yates, and Butters
Favorite Episode: Cartman's Incredible Gift
Favorite Pairing: Randy x Sharon
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostFri Nov 12, 2010 7:58 pm Offline
Sat Apr 26, 2008 1:49 pm1709Delaware,USA
I would go with I don't know. It's been very awesome to hear him speak. But it's also been fun, with the way he has been.
Hayley B: My own name Location: Delaware,USA
Favorite South Park Character: *too many* But I like Kenny,Kyle,Cartman,Butters,Satan,& Damien.
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostFri Nov 12, 2010 8:42 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
Yeah.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostFri Nov 12, 2010 9:54 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18790I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I voted no. Simply because of the scene in Succubus where he gives this whole long explanation of his idea and only the other boys can fully understand what he said. There needs to be more moments like that.
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostFri Nov 12, 2010 11:09 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Should you add a "don't matter to me" option or should I?
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostSat Nov 13, 2010 2:51 am Offline
Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:20 am37Ingerland
Can you add a third option of.... yes and no? XD
there are sometimes when it's just funnier when you don't know exactly what he's saying... you always say 'did he just say what I think he just said?' but I do find it amusing in episodes like 'The Jeffersons'

.... (I had no idea that was Kenny... and I was like O_o OMG poor kid... then they said the phrase... and I was like oh it's just Kenny and I was alright :3)

Like MBC says Mysterion is so mysterious :3
-I am a girl-

'You got poop don't ch-ya?'
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostSat Nov 13, 2010 6:21 pm Offline
Sat Nov 13, 2010 5:59 pm3
well in my opinion i think Kenny shouldn't be able to speak because you can still make out the mumbling sounds he makes.
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostSat Nov 13, 2010 6:33 pm Offline
Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:46 pm221Somewhere between 39-42N and 78-81W
I don't believe so and I voted no entirely because I view Mysterion as being an alter ego of Kenny McCormick. It's so different when Mysterion speaks out, Y'Know? And as well, then I wouldn't be able to take the task of figuring out what Kenny says; I love doing that!
I'm a minor character fan, proud background sniper and fiction addicted!
Fav-Characters Tweek, Terrance, Red

Snap Krackle Pop it in your mouth and wash it down your piehole with a tall and cold glass of shut the f*ck up :)
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostSun Nov 14, 2010 2:02 am Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
Big-Will wrote:
Should you add a "don't matter to me" option or should I?

You should, Will :)

Until then, I voted "no," in order to keep consistency in the show. Mysterion (with Kenny speaking clearly) was just a temporary aborition. I say keep Kenny's voice muffled, and keep the other three boys okay with understanding him as they always have throughout the series.
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostMon Nov 15, 2010 12:37 pm Offline
Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:11 am4
What sort of retarded question is that!OF COURSE HE SHOULDN'T SPEAK NORMALLY!!!
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostMon Nov 15, 2010 3:30 pm Offline
Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 pm66
Eh, I guess every now and then would be ok.

For the most part, I'd like if he spoke more in general, and maybe if somehow he sounded "less" muffled. So muffled, but easier to understand.

The major reason I think why it's hard to understand is because he speaks really quickly.
I LOVE KENNY! Second favorite characters: Kyle and Butters
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostSat Nov 20, 2010 2:55 am Offline
Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:28 pm1
I really enjoyed actually"hearing" Kenny as Mysterion. But seriously, after 14 seasons I think its time for Kenny to lose the hood and really speak. Much like Matt & Trey got tired of killing him off over the years, The mumble/muffle dialog gimic needs to evolve as well.
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostSat Nov 20, 2010 5:27 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
Yes and no.

I think M&T should take more opportunities to use Mysterion when they want Kenny to talk to give the audience a chance to understand Kenny as a character the way the hardcore Kenny fans like my old self did.

But don't lose the hood. There are three things that made Kenny special to fans in the early days - the parka, the muffles, and the deaths. Losing any of those three aspects would hurt a little of what once made Kenny special.

It's like when Cartman stopped being naive and became evil and calculating. His characterization changed noticeably.
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostSat Nov 20, 2010 5:31 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
I went with "no" on this one.

While it was fun listening to Kenny as Mysterion, the real fun is in guessing what he's saying under that hood.

That's my basic gist, anyway.
Re: Should Kenny speak normally now? PostMon Nov 22, 2010 1:30 am Offline
Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:43 am5571South Park, Colorado
AngusMcTavish wrote:
I went with "no" on this one.

While it was fun listening to Kenny as Mysterion, the real fun is in guessing what he's saying under that hood.

That's my basic gist, anyway.

I agree. I also agree with Bug; Kenny was hilarious back in the day, when he talked about vile sexual acts, but you couldn't really hear him. 'Twas lulz.
This is my signature. I made it small so anyone who tries to read it has to copy and paste the text somewhere else only to find that it isn't interesting at all. Congratulations. Also, fuckshitcockassbitchtitspenisfagskankwhorecuntpoop.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 3 33 posts 1, 2, 3  Next