Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 3 31 posts Previous  1, 2, 3

Which are Creepier?
Records 46%  46%  [ 6 ]
Tapes 54%  54%  [ 7 ]
Total votes : 13
Re: [OT] Creepier: Records or Tapes? PostSun Nov 20, 2011 5:24 pm Offline
Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:05 pm53WA
Niels0827 wrote:
Editorial1307 wrote:
Records. Because unlike tapes, you can alter their sound by pressing on them.

You can alter the sound of tape, too. On almost every reel to reel you can adjust the speed.

You can get a decent reel to reel deck for around $100-$300, but they're always going to be at least 20 years old. They haven't been in mainstream use and production since the early 1980s, and they reached their peak of popularity in the late '60s and early '70s. The best consumer brands were Sony, AKAI and TEAC, and the best professional brands were AMPEX, TASCAM and Otari. Today, Otari is the only company in the world that makes reel to reel tape recorders. As far as consumer reel to reel decks for music go, I currently have a Roberts 770X, a TEAC A-1230, a Panasonic RS-763S, and a Sony TC-560D in my room, though I also have about 60 much smaller dictation reel-to-reel recorders which were meant for recording voices and don't play or record music very well at all. Most of those can only record via microphone and can't be hooked up to a receiver.

Man I was lost about two sentences in... but at least I can admit it :P

Crazy... I'll have to try that sometime. Now... I'm still the poor kid. Although even Kenny got the Golden PSP
MCK

Editorials, Facebook Posts, Satire, and Break-Up Notes

Sort by  
Page 3 of 3 31 posts Previous  1, 2, 3