Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 14 posts
The Status of Butters PostSat Nov 24, 2012 4:00 pm Offline
Thu Dec 22, 2011 3:39 pm14
We have not seen Butters since Cartman stuffed an almond M&M into his mouth while he was already recovering from a severe allergic reaction to the same candy. Could this be the end of Butters? Or has it been confirmed that Butters survived his ordeal? I sure hope they didn't kill him off? If they did - oh, hamburgers, that would be bad!
Re: The Status of Butters PostSat Nov 24, 2012 9:09 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Well, that was the season finale after all. You're probably gonna have to wait a few more months to find out for sure.
Re: The Status of Butters PostSun Nov 25, 2012 12:35 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Yeah, South Park will retcon him and he'll be back to his innocent self again next Spring.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The Status of Butters PostSun Nov 25, 2012 12:49 am Offline
Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:55 am563
Butters? Butters IS dead. Killed in action, if you will. Think about it: was there any chance for him to survive that second M&M from the medical point of view? Any chance at all? I know, his untimely death is hard to get over. It's a great loss for everyone, including his wonderful parents and loving grandma. But we all should take consolation in the fact that he died as a hero and try to move on. That's the way the almond cookie crumbles, I'm afraid.

:cry:

Geez, what a bunch of bull!!!
Re: The Status of Butters PostTue Nov 27, 2012 7:10 pm Offline
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 am18canada
If they were going to kill Butters they would have made more of a big deal out of it.

He's hooked up to a respirator, or some sort of medical machine, so assume he survives the almonds.

Its Butter were talking about, not Pip or Kenny, he deserves better than to die without meaning.
Re: The Status of Butters PostThu Nov 29, 2012 10:03 am Offline
Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:32 pm3281Somewhere south of the north pole, somewhere north of the south pole
SaltyBawls82 wrote:
Its Butter were talking about, not Pip or Kenny, he deserves better than to die without meaning.

Yes, but Matt & Trey can be f*ckers like that sometimes.

No, I do not think he is dead. Weirder sh*t has happened in episodes and its just been swept under the rug.
skurtz wrote:
nwt000 wrote:
Get your trolling ass out of here!

I'm more friendlier drinking some espresso.
Re: The Status of Butters PostFri Nov 30, 2012 10:26 pm Offline
Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:32 am2732So Cal
Butters is completely okay. They wouldn't kill him off, at least not like that. I'm not worried at all.
I love: Stan, Butters, Cartman, Sharon.

I ship: Stan/Cartman <3

Stan: MMOOMM!!
Sharon: What is it honey? (gasp!) My baby's killed again!
Haa, I love that line.
Re: The Status of Butters PostSat Dec 01, 2012 1:29 am Offline
Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:43 am37
Cartman died in both Medicinal Fried Chicken and Jesus vs. Frosty, but he's still around, and Butters is just as important of a character as Cartman these days, so they probably won't even address it.
Re: The Status of Butters PostSat Dec 01, 2012 1:58 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
youreabsurd24 wrote:
Cartman died in Medicinal Fried Chicken.

No, he escaped. The woman who thought he was her son Billy, she was killed.

It was Kenny who died in "Jesus v. Frosty," even though he had what we now know as Cartman's body.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: The Status of Butters PostSat Dec 01, 2012 10:46 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Big-Will wrote:
youreabsurd24 wrote:
Cartman died in Medicinal Fried Chicken.

No, he escaped. The woman who thought he was her son Billy, she was killed.

I believe the "death" in that episode refers to Cartman's head exploding Scanners-style. It was clearly a visual metaphor, but I've seen people insist that he died there.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: The Status of Butters PostSun Dec 30, 2012 12:49 am Offline
Tue Jun 15, 2010 12:53 pm183
I doubt that the creators will kill off one of their fave characters, especially that way. Even if they got sick of him, they can always move him to the background, but far away than killing him off!
Sorry for my bad English...
Re: The Status of Butters PostMon Dec 31, 2012 11:50 pm Offline
Mon Dec 31, 2012 11:21 pm1
I really doubt that the creators of the show would ever have Butters killed off. I think he is easily one of their favorite characters to write for, other than the four main SP boys of course. I'm sure Butters will be all better again by next season. :) at least until he faces Cartman once again... haha. :roll:
Re: The Status of Butters PostTue Jan 01, 2013 4:04 pm Offline
Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:26 pm55
The only benefit to killing Butters is that he could come back as a ghost who only Cartman can see. That could have real possibilities. I can just picture him showing up next to Carman's bed, just saying "Eric." and making Cartman jump out of his skin like Cartman kept doing to Butters in The Death of Eric Cartman.
You know - I've learned something today.
Re: The Status of Butters PostTue Jan 01, 2013 4:42 pm Offline
Tue Apr 26, 2011 8:51 am255
joedanger wrote:
The only benefit to killing Butters is that he could come back as a ghost who only Cartman can see. That could have real possibilities. I can just picture him showing up next to Carman's bed, just saying "Eric." and making Cartman jump out of his skin like Cartman kept doing to Butters in The Death of Eric Cartman.

Eric is gonna have one very sore bottom then :shock:

Although, come to think of it, the probing Butters took really doesn't measure up to two alien transmitters.

Butters won't die though.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 14 posts