Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 7 posts
Why the big change in tv schedule? PostWed Feb 06, 2013 3:49 pm Offline
Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm3
I have been a South Park fan for a long time, and have noticed a somewhat significant change in the tv schedule over the past several months. I used to watch at least several nights a week between 11:00pm and 1:00am, but I have noticed that it is rarely on anywhere in that time range anymore, and the usual latest time it is on is between 9:00-10:00. I see this as almost the time range for a different target audience. Am I the only person that still wants to watch the show? Are they trying to transition it out? I always thought South Park was one of Comedy Central's sort of signature, iconic shows, taking it off would be like Fox taking of The Simpsons!
Re: Why the big change in tv schedule? PostWed Feb 06, 2013 4:18 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Trey says there's no reason for it. There wasn't any reason for the 14 episodes a year either.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Why the big change in tv schedule? PostThu Feb 07, 2013 6:55 am Offline
Sun Jan 06, 2013 1:53 pm303
I watch a lot of South Park on syndication. That means they show only the early seasons. Example: season 12's "Super Fun Time" has never been shown in syndication (to my knowledge).

What's cool is that there are episodes back-to-back on one channel, and then single episodes at different times on another channel. So I can see three, maybe four episodes on TV each day. Very cool 8)

Of course, we're talking TV here in this thread. We can all watch any episode (except those referencing Muhammad) at anytime here at SPS on the episode player.
Re: Why the big change in tv schedule? PostMon Mar 04, 2013 8:02 pm Offline
Mon Feb 11, 2013 5:18 pm16
I agree, South Park is probably the best thing that has ever happened to Comedy Central, and they should be showing it more. It's not really a big deal if you buy the DVD's or watch it here but they could be introducing South Park to a lot more people if they show it more often.
Just out of curiosity, does the show have a set broadcast time, because to me it seems like the times they show it are completely random.
Re: Why the big change in tv schedule? PostMon Mar 04, 2013 8:46 pm Offline
Tue Aug 24, 2004 7:48 pm3
I agree, the showtimes also seem kind of random. I still always check the TV schedule everyday to see when it is on (if it is on at all that night). If it was on at times close to each other everyday, I could see it as an attempt to get new viewers while still keeping the current ones, but it isn't even everyday at all (at least not in my timeframe, which is usually 10:00-1:00). But I still watch it when it is on in that timeframe, since it doesn't seem like anything else good is on then anyway.
Re: Why the big change in tv schedule? PostMon Mar 04, 2013 10:13 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Eh, right now with no new South Park episodes for some time, they are likely toying with some of their newer shows in the cable prime time slot. New episodes are far more profitable than syndication in terms of advertisers.

When South Park gets ready for its new season it will likely get plenty of prime slots. Besides it's not as though Comedy Central has not aired every episode (with the exception of the three that shall not be spoken of) hundreds of times.
Re: Why the big change in tv schedule? PostSun Mar 10, 2013 11:53 pm Offline
Tue May 11, 2004 5:12 pm2644Kenosha, Wisconsin
They want you to buy the DVDs, iTunes downloads, and come to this website. That's why when they do reruns, they usually only play the syndicated cleaned up versions, usually around 6PM.
Stan and Kyle :)

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 7 posts