Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 8 posts
Obama/McCain Episode PostThu Nov 06, 2008 6:07 pm Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 5:53 pm1
What I want to know is how much coke did Matt, Trey and the gang were doing on Tuesday night to get Wednesday nights episode in? I mean, all the sh*t was there pertaining right up to the minute election coverage, including Obama's dead grandmother (who died Monday). Aren't these cartoons written and produced at least a couple weeks before airing? Or was there a conspiracy that Matt and Trey had secret information pertaining to the election and the events that surrounding it? Maybe they gained the gift of prophesie thru all the years they worship satan? Can someone please explain how they got so much factual information into this episode in such a short period of time to the minute of this episodes airing? :?:
Re: Obama/McCain Episode PostThu Nov 06, 2008 6:35 pm Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 6:15 pm1
who cares they probably worked their asses off you dont need to accuse them of being coked out because they worked hard who the hell are you ?
Re: Obama/McCain Episode PostThu Nov 06, 2008 9:20 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
The animators are very fast and very good at what they do, and they'll work all night long if they have to.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Obama/McCain Episode PostThu Nov 06, 2008 9:23 pm Offline
Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:50 pm6
Obviously, they knew what was coming, and had a good idea what they wanted, and did a lot of it, as much of it as they could, before the election.

They did the entire That's My Bush show before he was even announced President-Elect at all.

So Election night, they filled in the blanks, and worked their asses off to bring us an amazing episode with day-before quotes and references which blew me away.
Re: Obama/McCain Episode PostFri Nov 07, 2008 12:09 am Offline
Fri Feb 13, 2004 1:36 pm11269
OP: South Park episodes are usually written, animated, voiced, etc. within the week between episodes. They may have ideas before then, but the real work is in that week. That is why South Park is more topical than any other show when it chooses to be.

If you don't believe this to be the case, I implore you to check out DVD commentaries for episodes like "Woodland Critter Christmas" as well as the Six Days feature on this site.:)
That's how it's down here on the farm!
Re: Obama/McCain Episode PostFri Nov 07, 2008 3:37 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Aside from the fact that the rolls of Obama and McCain were interchangeable, thus giving the plot flexibility to deal with either outcome, it was blatantly obvious to most observers for the last month that Obama would win. And in the week before the election? Forget about it!
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: Obama/McCain Episode PostSat Nov 08, 2008 1:22 am Offline
Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:16 am2
HELL YES MILWAUKEE. It was pretty nuts here when the whole Obama bash went down, huh?
Re: Obama/McCain Episode PostFri Nov 21, 2008 3:16 pm Offline
Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:24 am3
I noticed that for the umpteenth time they have called Chris "Butter's Dad" by Steven same with the bat dad episode when they changed the bat dads name as well

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 8 posts