Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 1 9 posts
Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostFri Jan 15, 2010 12:29 am Offline
Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:54 pm10
Are they going to re release seasons 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray and also have it in widescreen?
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostFri Jan 15, 2010 2:45 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18779I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
I don't know. But I've thrown out that question on the FAQ's, so we'll have to see if we get an answer.
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostSun Jan 30, 2011 9:43 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:22 am2
I searched for your FAQ but did not see it on the website. However I found a little positive news by Googling "South Park Blu-ray". Here is excerpt from the article "South Park: TV's Longest Week" which was published in Creative Cow magazine September/October 2008 issue...

“…Although Comedy Central won’t be HD until January 2009, “South Park” episodes are already being produced in HD. An even bigger task is going back to re-render the first 174 episodes!
“We’ve always been digital pack rats, so we still have all the Maya (and before season 5, Alias PowerAnimator) scene files we used to create the show,” says J.J. “Since HD has become a real possibility, we’ve started re-rendering all those old episodes at full 1080p, which also means re-framing all the shots from standard 4:3 to full 16:9.
“It’s very labor intensive, but it also means that we’ll be the only animated show from the pre-HD world that will have its entire catalog of episodes in full native 1080p. It’s pretty sweet.”

You can read the full article and even download PDF of the entire magazine here... http://magazine.creativecow.net/article/south-park-tvs-longest-week.

I hope South Park seasons 1 thorugh 11 are re-rendered in HD widescreen and released on Blu-ray.
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostWed Feb 09, 2011 3:54 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Next time search the news.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostSun Feb 20, 2011 4:04 am Offline
Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:33 pm218
Wolf316 wrote:
Are they going to re release seasons 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray and also have it in widescreen?

Every single episode will eventually be released on Blu-ray I'm sure. Right now, a group of people at South Park Studios are taking the original files rendered when the episodes were first made (Yes, even those from 13 years ago in 1998!) and re-rendering them in HD and Widescreen (They're adding "in the sides" if you know what I mean. They won't be cropping the picture (Strangely, they did that for Season 11 and 12A on Itunes)).

Some episodes from Season 5, 6, 7 and 8 are available in HD and 100% uncensored in the Butters Collection on iTunes.
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostTue Mar 15, 2011 9:14 am Offline
Tue Mar 15, 2011 8:56 am1
They probably can't "add in the sides" to the very first episode "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe" because the majority of the scenes are animated with real construction paper, and not using a computer.
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostWed Mar 30, 2011 4:35 am Offline
Wed Mar 30, 2011 4:03 am2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_So ... e_releases

According to this site Season 1 releases soon, but I've googled like crazy to confirm this and found nothing so I guess it's kind of unlikely.
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostWed Jun 26, 2013 5:27 pm Offline
Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:54 pm10
Any news on this?
Re: Season 1-11 of south park on Blu-ray? PostThu Jun 27, 2013 1:09 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Nope. And that's why I'm killing this thread.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version

Sort by  
Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.
Page 1 of 1 9 posts