Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 3 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next
Re: Official! South Park: Stick of Truth Out ... Someday PostTue Dec 11, 2012 4:13 am Offline
Sat Sep 29, 2012 4:16 am15
awsome
Re: Official! South Park: Stick of Truth Out ... Someday PostThu Dec 20, 2012 8:15 am Offline
Sun Sep 18, 2011 1:54 pm236
The company making The Stick of Truth, THQ just filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, looking to sell company quickly. If the game ever comes out now, I'd wait before buying until you see the reviews. Just to make sure it isn't released as a unfinished or broken game. :(
Re: Official! South Park: Stick of Truth Out ... Someday PostThu Dec 20, 2012 2:08 pm Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
maxbjr wrote:
The company making The Stick of Truth, THQ just filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy, looking to sell company quickly. If the game ever comes out now, I'd wait before buying until you see the reviews. Just to make sure it isn't released as a unfinished or broken game. :(

It's not the end of the game or THQ for that matter. Many companies go through Chapter 11 and come out just fine. Some major companies that have filed for Chapter 11 in the past and survived include all of the US' major airlines, General Motors, Chrysler, Macy's, Eddie Bauer, Circle K, Texaco, Owens-Corning, Charter Communications, MGM, and the Tribune Company. In conclusion, we're still getting The Stick of Truth.
Niels0827 wrote:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v426/ ... 897901.png
Seriously, nobody likes you. Fuck off.
Re: Official! South Park: Stick of Truth Out ... Someday PostSun Dec 23, 2012 10:10 pm Offline
Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:16 pm8United States
I am really happy about this game. It is not only the most exciting game coming out in 2013, it is also a very cool extension of the South Park series! I am very happy that it is an RPG, very happy that the artistic style is true the real show, and really looking forward to immersing myself in the experience of being part of the show!
Re: Official! South Park: Stick of Truth Out ... Someday PostWed Jan 23, 2013 11:32 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Although the game is still scheduled to come out on March 5, we've already noted that THQ itself said the game might come out two months later. Now South Park Studios has filed a lawsuit against THQ to forbid it from handing the game development off to another company without permission or consent. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... k-of-Truth If this goes to court, expect further delays or outright cancellation of this game.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostWed Jan 23, 2013 11:49 am Offline
Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:47 pm1563Eating a Ditka-Shaped Waffle with Joe Montana and Punxatawney Paulomalu
This is a downright horrible situation. I've also heard a rumor that despite SPS' orders, THQ may have auctioned off TSoT to Ubisoft. If that were to be the case, I would just have them finish the game and get my money back. If Trey and Matt somehow end up canceling this game completely on their own selfish terms, I will lose a considerable amount of respect for them because they'd be letting millions of their fans and video gamers down big time.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostWed Jan 23, 2013 12:39 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
With THQ in Chapter 11 bankruptcy, the rumor has merit: THQ wants to auction off The Stick of Truth, Ubisoft is interested in purchasing it, South Park Studios wants to block the purchase. We'll know what happens tomorrow.

If the sale goes through, South Park Studios will make sure that the game does NOT make it to stores, due to breach of contract.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostWed Jan 23, 2013 1:17 pm Offline
If M&T want someone other than Ubisoft to publish the game, I'll be happy with whoever they choose as long as they don't select EA or Activision, although I don't think EA would want any part in a South Park game after the way they were portrayed in Sexual Healing and Crack Baby Athletic Association.
Niels0827 wrote:
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostThu Jan 24, 2013 3:32 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Looks like the game is ready to roll out. "According to gaming website Kotaku most of THQ's licenses were sold during a 22-hour auction. The sale Included publishing rights to a completed South Park game, one of THQ’s most recent creations. " If the game is finished and ready to roll out, no one is gonna care who publishes it. Advantage: THQ

http://rt.com/art-and-culture/news/sout ... claim-585/

And from Kotaku itself,

THQ is dissolved - it no longer exists. So TSoT's fate is this:

"South Park

License; South Park: The Stick of Truth is due for release March 5.
Winning bidder: Ubisoft, $3,265,306"
My SP Fan Site.

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostThu Jan 24, 2013 12:22 pm Offline
Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:54 am1San Antonio TX
to be honest thq make great games, am really worried obisoft might screw this game up
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSat Jan 26, 2013 8:07 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1435in a secret underground bunker
So what is M&T's next move?? They created their own studio...and there are contractual bylaws on this. A lot of people are upset that Ubisoft brought the game from THQ.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!! :shock: :cry: :| :cartmanangry:

The other thing: The game was scheduled to come out around March 26th (if I recall) but now they want to move it up!?! :?

and I recently stopped by GameStop and they were even a bit skeptical of this 'new information' saying that while the game is still scheduled to come out in 2013...they were now talking about a "Summer/Fall Release date" due to all the "THQ Buyouts and Contractual obligations" so it sounds like some Court issues still have to be resolved.

Anyone else hearing about this?!? :timmy:
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSat Jan 26, 2013 8:49 pm Offline
Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:33 pm33
Why would it be so bad to move the release date up? I'm sure that'd excite a lot of players!
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Jan 27, 2013 12:51 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
mo303564 wrote:
So what is M&T's next move?? They created their own studio...and there are contractual bylaws on this. A lot of people are upset that Ubisoft brought the game from THQ.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON!! :shock: :cry: :| :cartmanangry:

The other thing: The game was scheduled to come out around March 26th (if I recall) but now they want to move it up!?! :?

and I recently stopped by GameStop and they were even a bit skeptical of this 'new information' saying that while the game is still scheduled to come out in 2013...they were now talking about a "Summer/Fall Release date" due to all the "THQ Buyouts and Contractual obligations" so it sounds like some Court issues still have to be resolved.

Anyone else hearing about this?!? :timmy:

First it was March 5.
Then THQ postponed it to April 30, but no one believed them, which is why everyone else is still saying March 5. Or was until this past week.

MnT, meanwhile, are going to start production on a fishing series featuring Les Claypool (from Primus) and Mickey Melchiondo (from Ween). And their new studio's first project may be the movie version of The Book of Mormon.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Jan 27, 2013 9:47 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Big-Will wrote:
MnT, meanwhile, are going to start production on a fishing series featuring Les Claypool (from Primus) and Mickey Melchiondo (from Ween).

Wait, woah, what is this now? I would like to learn more.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Jan 27, 2013 1:10 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Here's the article: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... _sets.html
Quote:
When Melchiondo learned that the fishing show got the greenlight to shoot next month, it was a welcome bit of good news. Produced by "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the series will fuse sportfishing with music and comedy, following Melchiondo and Claypool as they go out on the water with celebrity guests in different locales, including the Garden State.
My SP Fan Site.

Sort by  
Page 3 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11  Next