Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 5 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next
Stick of truth PostTue Feb 05, 2013 1:45 pm Offline
Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm4
I seriously cannot wait any longer for the new "stick of truth" video game!! Is anyone available to freeze me until the release date? Tried hiding in my moms freezer but she found me :x
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 2:58 pm Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
Forgive me for chopping up your quotes. It would be confusing to know which part of your post I was responding to if I didn't:

NeuroHeart wrote:
So the impression I get her is that, instead of making films or branching out into other media, you would prefer Trey and Matt just do South Park? Because working with the same exact concept they've been working with for two decades is, what, not lazy?

It's not the exact same concept, though. Every episode has its own plot, since the world resets every time. They have to rack their brains to think of a new story/concept every week...but there's no thinking required in having a film version for Book of Mormon. The story's already there, the characters are already there, the songs are already there...all that's really left to do is to make lines in the Broadway musical film-compatible.

I wouldn't call a screenwriter creative if he's just doing a film adaptation of a book's story. Replace book with musical and there you go.

NeuroHeart wrote:
But heaven forbid they take that concept, write an incredibly complex story, and put it in the form of a video game. Yeah, because the plot of RPGs ranks well below the plot of a 22-minute episode.

I don't doubt they worked their ass off on this video game, and it's impressive they wrote a story for it. The problem is, they're not going to go down in history for making a video game. They'll be remembered for their movies, musicals and show.

I also have a personal bias against video games as I don't play them.

NeuroHeart wrote:
And while you are completely unwilling to pay for seeing the incredible musical they devoted eight years of their lives to, you are going to insult the creators for also wanting to put that in another format, one that would perhaps be more accessible to fans all over the world, or those who didn't want to pay "whatever ridiculous amount" to experience Book of Mormon. (my tickets, for the record were a fraction of what you seem to think they must cost, but I digress)

I'm sure the musical IS good, but if they wanted their work to be accessible to fans all over the world, why not just do the film, without the musical? Probably because Trey's always wanted to do a Broadway musical.

They did cost about 300 back in December 2011 when I was in the States and wanted to see it.

There's nothing wrong with branching out into other media, by the way. Team America was brilliant. But if they released "Team America: The Musical" on Broadway, or "Scott Tenorman Must Die: The Movie," I'd also call that lazy.

NeuroHeart wrote:
Bitching about all the cool things these guys are doing? Not helpful, not pleasant, and mind-bogglingly illogical. And it gets old. I've seen you be a contributing member of this board at times, and that's really preferable to being the whiny guy in the corner, is it not?

Yes, it is. I don't want to be complaining all the time. Sorry.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 3:02 pm Offline
Big-Will wrote:
1. Matt and Trey will keep on making South Park as long as they like. They're not doing anything new there, of course, but they'll be making less of it so we'll hopefully get fewer sub-par episodes per season. If that puts you off, feel free to turn heel and walk away from the show and anything associated with it.

As I said to NeuroHeart, I do think crafting new episodes requires creativity. In their own words, they kill themselves to come up with new episodes.

Big-Will wrote:
2. With their new venture, Important Studios, getting off the ground, they'll be producing other people's work, and maybe they'll think of other original work to create. They had a hand in executive-producing How's Your News? for MTV a few years back, after all.

Translation: they want to get super rich, so they'll oversee a bunch of projects but not really do anything (aka executive-producing).

Nothing wrong with wanting to be super rich...I just wish they'd come up with a new movie/idea entirely. Team America (a puppet movie) came outta nowhere...so did That's My Bush!.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 3:08 pm Offline
Niels0827 wrote:
Do you have some kind of sick, abnormal fetish with deliberately pissing people off? Surely you can't be like this in real life. Your attitude is so incredibly sour and your personality immensely daft, it amazes me your mother couldn't see it beforehand so she could abort you.

Yeah, and I'm sure you act the same in real life. I bet you walk up to pedestrians on the sidewalk and tell them their mothers should have aborted them.

Due to the cloak of anonymity on this board, I am more honest than I am in real life. If I said the same things in real life, some moron (such as yourself) might punch me or something.

Niels0827 wrote:
It's a shame guns are outlawed in your country. Somebody really ought to put one between your eyes. At least then there could be SOMETHING there. Find another message board to troll.

Here's the difference between my country and yours:

In the United States, people say something like that, and then proceed to actually shoot someone between the eyes (imbeciles like James Holmes who can readily purchase weapons).

In my country, people say something like that, and don't act out on it.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 3:13 pm Offline
Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:14 pm4
I cannot wait any longer for this!! Can anyone freeze me until the release date?? I tried to hide in my mothers freezer but she found me before I could freeze. And I know what your thinking, but just because it didnt work out for cartman, doesnt mean it wont work for me! :wink:
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 8:26 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
http://www.joystiq.com/2013/01/23/ubisoft-purchases-thq-montreal-south-park-stick-of-truth-still/

So it's now official. THQ got shat on in this economy. Now Ubisoft has TSoT. Man, f*ck Ubisoft and Uplay. I'm glad I'm getting it for the Xbox 360. At least they aren't as bad as EA.

On another note, I read somewhere that TSoT may not be released on March 2013.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 10:53 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
Well, THQ had moved it back to April 30, but now that it's gone and Ubisoft has TSoT, the game probably won't be out until late September, to coincide with episode 1701.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 11:28 pm Offline
Thu Jun 11, 2009 11:36 am1436in a secret underground bunker
Well, I for one am actually hoping that the now "April 30th" date is more of a definititve date. I mean, I was one that actually did say that this game could see an "August/September" release date....but I'm hopeful that after hoping this game would have been basically in my hands by now...that the minor move of about another month, is something more necessary for Ubisoft just to finally kink it and send it into our hands. :)

My FEAR though....is that this could give M&T more legal time to set up a case against THQ and Ubisoft and the date keeps getting pushed back due to Legal issues (not production) and now they try to stop getting the game out all together :(

We'll see. :|
RTL: I love being a dick to people for no reason. It makes me feel better about how my mom smacks me around with a frozen T Bone steak.
Re: Stick of truth PostMon Feb 11, 2013 1:36 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Nobody here has a cryogenic machine, and there's no known case of anyone coming back to life after being thawed back out. Things aren't looking good for you, man.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: Stick of truth PostWed Feb 20, 2013 10:57 am Offline
Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:37 am4
:timmy: :cartmanevil: :craig: :chaos: :unhoodedkenny: i cant wait for the stick of truth omg it looks awsome :tweek:
Re: Stick of truth PostFri Feb 22, 2013 11:10 am Offline
Fri Mar 07, 2008 10:19 pm1
when is this game really for real being released??
:zombiekenny:
Re: Stick of truth PostFri Feb 22, 2013 12:02 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
No one is talking, so we just don't know.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSat Feb 23, 2013 2:23 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Looks like THQ is still listing TSOT on its site, with a release date of...

January 1, 2014.

f*ck you, THQ! Ubisoft has the game now!
My SP Fan Site.

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Feb 24, 2013 3:50 pm Offline
Wed Mar 26, 2008 7:34 pm635Illinois, USA
I wouldn't call this Development Hell, I'd call it Release Hell. The game seems to be chugging along fine in actual development. It might end up being completed but only unreleased.

Although I'm steamed they're pushing it back for the goddamn new season. Watch them push the Season 16 DVD back, too, and just starve us :(
I don't have any petty self-centered sh*t to link to right now :o
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Feb 24, 2013 7:46 pm Offline
Fri Mar 05, 2004 11:52 pm8921Shoulda taken that left turn at Albuquerque...
Shame about the delay, but from what I've learned over the years, release dates can be a bit of a pain. Never can tell for sure what's going to affect it.

But April 30, huh? Damn!

Sort by  
Page 5 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 11  Next