Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 4 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Jan 27, 2013 6:35 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Well, all the activity on other projects may explain why season 17 is delayed until the end of September.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Jan 27, 2013 10:39 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18782I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
So... "Huntin' and Killin' with Mick and Les"? I could be down with that.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Jan 27, 2013 11:28 pm Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Big-Will wrote:
"most of THQ's licenses were sold during a 22-hour auction. The sale Included publishing rights to a completed South Park game, one of THQ’s most recent creations."

KarasuRoth wrote:
to be honest thq make great games, am really worried obisoft might screw this game up

If the information is correct that the game is COMPLETED, there shouldn't be concerns about it being screwed up, unless video game post-production is just ridiculous. The main concern here seems to be with how the rights are being handled.

I'm itching for this game, I hope it all gets sorted.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostSun Jan 27, 2013 11:33 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17368Hollywood, CA
I hear people don't like the way Ubisoft presents its games, and if you play Ubisoft games you know what I mean, and you may well be afraid of what Ubisoft will do.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostWed Jan 30, 2013 3:57 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
Big-Will wrote:
Here's the article: http://www.nj.com/entertainment/index.s ... _sets.html
Quote:
When Melchiondo learned that the fishing show got the greenlight to shoot next month, it was a welcome bit of good news. Produced by "South Park" creators Trey Parker and Matt Stone, the series will fuse sportfishing with music and comedy, following Melchiondo and Claypool as they go out on the water with celebrity guests in different locales, including the Garden State.

Shit, I'd definitely watch that! 8)
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostMon Feb 04, 2013 3:20 am Offline
Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:26 am585
I hope to god Matt and Trey aren't wasting any time on this stupid bullsh*t game.
My name is Brendle, and I think Trey Parker is a genius.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostMon Feb 04, 2013 3:25 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Brendle wrote:
I hope to god Matt and Trey aren't wasting any time on this stupid bullsh*t game.

Where have you been the last two years? This stupid bullsh*t game was their idea, and they've had their hands in its development since June 2011. They've already wasted months of their time on this sh*t.
My SP Fan Site.

Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostMon Feb 04, 2013 3:38 am Offline
Bah...what on earth is the point of that? There's no artistic merit in making a video game.

And now they're doing a movie for Book of Mormon...talk about another pointless project. Why make a movie that rehashes the same concept? If you've seen the musical, surely you've seen the movie.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostMon Feb 04, 2013 8:08 am Offline
Brendle wrote:
Bah...what on earth is the point of that? There's no artistic merit in making a video game.

And now they're doing a movie for Book of Mormon...talk about another pointless project. Why make a movie that rehashes the same concept? If you've seen the musical, surely you've seen the movie.

I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume this is sarcasm.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostMon Feb 04, 2013 12:24 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
I'd make a post about how many movies have stage versions now, but what would be the point? :)
My SP Fan Site.

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostMon Feb 04, 2013 9:31 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18782I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Nor is there neither a point to making a point about not everybody who's into M&T having the time/money to go and see the musical... apparently.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 5:24 am Offline
I don't live in the United States and wouldn't spend 300 dollars (or whatever ridiculous amount it is) to see the musical, and still haven't seen their musical.

What I'm trying to say is that they're not doing anything new. They're doing the same concept twice. That's lazy.
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 7:58 am Offline
Brendle wrote:
I don't live in the United States and wouldn't spend 300 dollars (or whatever ridiculous amount it is) to see the musical, and still haven't seen their musical.

What I'm trying to say is that they're not doing anything new. They're doing the same concept twice. That's lazy.

Not sarcasm, then. Okay.

So the impression I get her is that, instead of making films or branching out into other media, you would prefer Trey and Matt just do South Park? Because working with the same exact concept they've been working with for two decades is, what, not lazy? But heaven forbid they take that concept, write an incredibly complex story, and put it in the form of a video game. Yeah, because the plot of RPGs ranks well below the plot of a 22-minute episode. And while you are completely unwilling to pay for seeing the incredible musical they devoted eight years of their lives to, you are going to insult the creators for also wanting to put that in another format, one that would perhaps be more accessible to fans all over the world, or those who didn't want to pay "whatever ridiculous amount" to experience Book of Mormon. (my tickets, for the record were a fraction of what you seem to think they must cost, but I digress)
So basically, you have no point except to contradict yourself as much as possible in the interest of bitching. Well I'm sad about the idea that I won't see any new South Park until the end of this year, believe me, but the only excuse I need to be sad about that is that I really enjoy South Park. But I also really enjoy video games, and I really enjoyed The Book of Mormon, and I'm excited for a pair of guys I happen to admire having so much success at so many different things that they need to devote their time to. Bitching about all the cool things these guys are doing? Not helpful, not pleasant, and mind-bogglingly illogical. And it gets old. I've seen you be a contributing member of this board at times, and that's really preferable to being the whiny guy in the corner, is it not?
Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 11:09 am OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Brendle wrote:

There are two answers to that:

1. Matt and Trey will keep on making South Park as long as they like. They're not doing anything new there, of course, but they'll be making less of it so we'll hopefully get fewer sub-par episodes per season. If that puts you off, feel free to turn heel and walk away from the show and anything associated with it.

2. With their new venture, Important Studios, getting off the ground, they'll be producing other people's work, and maybe they'll think of other original work to create. They had a hand in executive-producing How's Your News? for MTV a few years back, after all.
My SP Fan Site.

Re: "South Park: The Stick of Truth" in Development Hell PostTue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm Offline
Fri Jul 02, 2004 10:51 pm4292San Jose, California
Brendle wrote:
идиот троллинг языке

Do you have some kind of sick, abnormal fetish with deliberately pissing people off? Surely you can't be like this in real life. Your attitude is so incredibly sour and your personality immensely daft, it amazes me your mother couldn't see it beforehand so she could abort you. It's a shame guns are outlawed in your country. Somebody really ought to put one between your eyes. At least then there could be SOMETHING there. Find another message board to troll.

Sort by  
Page 4 of 11 158 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 11  Next