Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 2 of 5 66 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostFri Oct 26, 2012 10:03 am Offline
Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:55 am6
I started to watch when it was brand news first episode on german tv. The channel was RTL back in the days (now this channel is even worse than fox news) but back in the days they started to trasmit this show first on german tv..

long time ago.. dont now.. it was 1998? 1999? something like that i think..

PS: I would really agree, if they will bring back CHEF.. its okay if some other "singer" or just guy with a dark-bright voice would speak him.. but hey.. i just miss
"hello, children.."

cmon.. where is chef.. i mean.. you can reanimate him.. seriously!
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostFri Oct 26, 2012 11:56 am Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
First saw Cartman's Mom is a Dirty Slut as a repeat in 1998. We didn't have Comedy Central on my small town's cable back then so I only saw episodes sporadically at the houses of relatives in other towns. (No one I knew had a satellite dish when South Park started up.)

A friend loaned me a copy of BLU recorded from HBO and I loved it even more than the eps I'd seen. (That tape also had the second Austin Powers movie I recall). I remember I 'forgot' to bring it to school to return it to my friend just so I could watch it one more time.

Once I got to college, I could now watch CC and see new episodes. That was the back half of season 5. In '02 I now had my own computer and fast internet and soon discovered that I could download episodes. That's when I transitioned from "viewer" to "fanboy". I started reading SPS during season 7, I think, to get the lowdown on upcoming episodes and finally joined the forum between season 8 and 9.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostFri Oct 26, 2012 4:32 pm Offline
Wed Apr 25, 2007 1:59 pm2914On The East Siyeeed!
I believe I started watching South Park a few weeks before the movie was released, so sometime around 1999. I remember being pissed off because I was too young to go see it in theaters, but then I went to my friend's house one night, and out of nowhere he pulls out a bootlegged version, and we watched it twice in a row.
"If I had one wish, I would ask for a big enough ass for the whole world to kiss" ~ Eminem

AxayPaulene wrote:
Niels0827 wrote:
But he (RideTheLightning)wanted Kensuke's hot man chowder.
Don't we all?
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostFri Oct 26, 2012 6:55 pm Offline
Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:26 pm1
Back in 2000.
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostSun Oct 28, 2012 7:40 pm Offline
Fri Jun 25, 2004 6:22 pm635Methuen MA
Started watching a couple months before signing up to this forum in 2004. I watched the movie shortly afterwards and, of course, became completely hooked. :)
- KGS
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostSun Oct 28, 2012 8:03 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18787I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
:roll: Okay, I'll expand on my answer. I knew about it initially in High School, through hall-talk, seeing clips on broadcast tv, and seeing merch in stores. I didn't start watching it until it was put on broadcast tv in 2005, and I fell in love with the show immediately. I started taping the eps shortly thereafter. I came across the site searching for an episode guide so I could label the shows I had already recorded.
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostMon Oct 29, 2012 6:36 pm Offline
Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:09 pm12
Started watching at age 14 during Season 3, but didn't become hardcore fan until Season 6.
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostWed Oct 31, 2012 7:04 am Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
Being a child of the 90's I knew who M&T were from the adverts on CC- and other channels-for Orgazmo/BaseKetball (before I knew anything about SP) but being too young to go to those movies I just didn't bother to ask so I held no interest.

Then one day I walked in on one of my big brothers watching what I thought was a strange cartoon. I asked him what it was and he replied, but having just turned 12 I was pretty much over cartoons at that point.

In 2003'ish, maybe 2004, Friends had ended leaving me w nothing to watch on tv anymore. Out of the blue I decided to rent BaseKetball to see how good it was, (I was to be at my dad's that weekend, so I would've been painfully bored) and just fell for M&T's personalities, I then started watching SP full on as well as being the proper age to watch Team America at the cinema, finally.

I finally caught up watching every re-run (irritating my parents, especially my mom who hates anything the slightest bit inappropriate) I possibly could & buying DVD's when I was able. :) I'm glad I started watching bc it defines my life perfectly than anything else I've ever watched.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Last edited by CartmansWhore on Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostWed Oct 31, 2012 2:23 pm Offline
Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:21 am1
2000-2001
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 9:39 am Offline
Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 pm19
I'm a fairly recent addition to the South Park fan club. I remember seeing a television commercial for episode 1 of season 14. I don't have cable but found southparkstudios.com and have been hooked ever since.

I actually worked at a movie theater when Bigger, Longer, and Uncut was released on the big screen. I remember hearing one of my coworkers talking about how South Park was better than Beavis and Butthead. Unfortunately it took me 10+ years to figure that out for myself. Thanks to this website I've been able to go back and watch all of the episodes that I missed during their initial run.
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostTue Nov 06, 2012 12:24 am Offline
Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 am5
I watched episodes occasionally in 2009 and now recently, I have a great obsession for it.
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostWed Nov 07, 2012 12:25 am Offline
Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:41 pm2Everywhere
1999 or 2000, a friend turned me onto it. When he told me it was about foul-mouthed cartoon characters I scoffed.

But after watching the Mr. Hanky christmas episode (while baked) Iwas hooked!
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostWed Nov 07, 2012 9:52 pm Offline
Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:22 am25
In 2005, I believe. It was when Die Hippie Die came out. I was only ten years old, so I wasn't allowed to watch the show, but I managed to watch it on my parents TV while they were out. It was hilarious as hell, and that got me hooked. Nowadays, my mum is less chilled about it. In fact, she thought Insecurity was hilarious.
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostThu Nov 08, 2012 2:27 am Offline
Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:26 pm3
I was 14 when South Park aired on Comedy Central. I was a Freshman in high school, and the first episode I saw was the Mega Streisand episode in April of '97. After that I was hooked! :)
Re: When did you start watch South Park? PostThu Nov 08, 2012 9:48 am Offline
Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:14 am72
I used to watch it occasionally after it came out. It was quite popular amongst teens, young adults and children who secretly watched it. Then I saw the movie in a movie theatre. I was 9 years old then, and my older sister helped get my friend and I into the theatre. Our parents never found out. :D I didn't start watching every new episode regularly until about 2008.

Sort by  
Page 2 of 5 66 posts Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next