Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next
What happened to south park? PostWed Oct 31, 2012 7:30 pm Offline
Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:13 pm1
Dear Matt Stone, Trey Parker, and the entire South Park crew

I have been a huge south park fan for as long as I can remember. The new episodes have been horrible and unwatchable. I can no longer watch the show because it is so boring and not funny at all. I wonder if matt stone and trey parker are even writing the episodes anymore. If they are no longer interested in producing the show they should just stop because it is sad to see the direction the show has gone into. They are obviously just putting out these horrible episodes for the money and I hope they realize they are going to lose all their fans. I am done watching this show and will resort to watching my collection of past seasons. You have officially lost 1 loyal fan and I am sure there are many others who feel the same way. I am hoping you guys will wake up and fix the series before it is too late.
Re: What happened to south park? PostWed Oct 31, 2012 11:55 pm OfflineBoard Moderator
  • YIM
Tue Apr 08, 2003 1:57 am17369Hollywood, CA
Trey does all the writing now, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for the years you gave us as a fan. See ya.
My SP Fan Site.

Favorite Character: Chef (RIP, for reals this time)
Favorite Episode: Anyone with Butters in it.
Need to look for something on the board? Use the search links below: US version and UK version
Re: What happened to south park? PostThu Nov 01, 2012 1:53 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
Big-Will wrote:
Trey does all the writing now, and he wouldn't have it any other way. Thanks for the years you gave us as a fan. See ya.

LOL! Exactly. What a HUGE blow to the show losing a fan like that.

Matt & Trey and the fans won't miss you.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: What happened to south park? PostThu Nov 01, 2012 6:38 pm Offline
Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:42 pm19
An average season of South Park has a couple of episodes which are awesome, a few more which are moderately entertaining, and the rest range from mediocre to terrible. The strange thing about the show is that there is no general consensus about what is good and what is not. Your favorite episode might be one that I hate with a vengeance.

I personally think that the best of South Park is so good that I will gladly sit through the bad ones. If you think that the show is not worth watching then just quit watching it.
Re: What happened to south park? PostThu Nov 01, 2012 8:52 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
What happened to South Park is that it's been on the show for 15 years and the creators got older and their style has changed with them. You can't honestly expect the same kind of material from guys in their mid 20s and it to remain unchanged by 40. Would the show have lasted this long if they had stuck to random college humor? Not likely.

The show has always been inconsistent. You get episodes like Scott Tennorman Must Die in those early seasons, but you also get Jakovsaurs in the same general time era. I hated Humancentipad last season but consider Last of the Meheecans to be a personal favorite.
Re: What happened to south park? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 1:12 am Offline
Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:46 am5
South Park has added more drama. It tends to happen to many comedy shows. I also hate Humancentipad. It wasn't a good start to the season.
Re: What happened to south park? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 6:31 am Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18789I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Garfunkula wrote:
I also hate Humancentipad. It wasn't a good start to the season.

I agree.
Re: What happened to south park? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 11:19 am Offline
Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:03 pm596The Further
I absolutely love this season, I think it's one, if not, the best bc it's growing and maturing.

I also loved Humancentipad.

Just all a matter of opinion.
“The basis of all reasoning is the mind's awareness of itself. What we think, the external objects we perceive, are all like actors that come on and off stage. But our consciousness, the stage itself, is always present to us,” Trey Parker
Re: What happened to south park? PostSun Nov 04, 2012 12:53 pm Offline
Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:14 pm22
I still love South Park and actually enjoy the later seasons more than the earlier ones. The last two episodes have been a couple of my favourites!
HumancentIpad was the worst ever for me, but maybe that's because Kyle is my fave
Re: What happened to south park? PostMon Nov 05, 2012 1:39 pm Offline
Sun Apr 18, 2010 8:49 pm53
I think the reason most people seem to not like Humancentipad is because the human centipede parts in it are disgusting and we don't like seeing our beloved Kyle suffering like that. The genius' part at the store was stupid to me but like all the South Park episodes, it still had it's funny moments.
Man at Bar: Enjoying the show?
Randy: To be honest, I'm just here for the blowjob
Re: What happened to south park? PostWed Nov 07, 2012 8:03 pm Offline
Wed Nov 07, 2012 7:37 pm1
I'd have to agree. The last episode was the worst one since the show began. Been going downhill since you began writing/producing them in one week. Over the first several years the show evolved into something hysterically entertaining and now it's just lost it's charm and is beginning to wear out it's welcome. I've watched this show religiously since the first season please make it funny again. :?
Re: What happened to south park? PostThu Nov 08, 2012 12:50 am Offline
Thu Nov 08, 2012 12:19 am1
The majority of the new season is utter crap. At first I thought to myself - "maybe it's me, maybe I'm getting old and this type of thing just isn't funny anymore..." - but then I spend a couple of days watching the old seasons (5,6,7,1) and I laughed my ass off for most of the time. The new episodes are just f*cking crap. The old ones had LOVE in them, they had sincere dark humor and those two guys just didn't give a single f*ck, they rocked hard and they were brilliant. I know that they have left SP in perspective while working on their Book of Mormon, but didn't that get completed already? I strongly believe that South Park should either be completely stopped, or rebooted with episodes that are worth re-watching over and over again.

Before the fanboys attack me and explain how much no one gives a f*ck about my rant - don't worry - I don't give a f*ck about you either, but I sure grew up with south park and I sure have a good point.
Re: What happened to south park? PostThu Nov 08, 2012 9:43 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
Na... I just don't care for the episode because poop jokes do nothing for me. I blame it on my having a vagina. Don't really care which character it involved.

Same thing went for Sarcastaball, most episodes with Mr. Hankey, More Crap, and pretty much all the episodes where the focus is on body functions/fluids. Eat, Pray, Queef is not entirely wrong in the fact that men and women find very different things funny. M&T may be guys who like their fart and poop jokes, but are entirely self aware about it.
Re: What happened to south park? PostSat Nov 24, 2012 2:13 am Offline
Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:09 am18canada
My fave episodes form season 16 are:
Cash for Gold, Insecurity, A Nightmare on Facetime.

Sometimes the show goes into a slump, but it always comes back with something good eventually.

Its not at the level of how irrelevvant the simpsons has become, and id still watch it over the big 3 prime time sunday night cartoons.
Re: What happened to south park? PostTue Dec 04, 2012 8:13 am Offline
Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:36 am1
They have been a bit dull, but reminder, South Park has been on air since 1997, I'm sure it's getting a bit harder for coming up with ideas. I will always love South Park, no matter how bad the episodes are. I will never stop watching South Park hah.
They say hate is a strong word, but they're idiots.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 2 16 posts 1, 2  Next