Forum

Discuss everything South Park with fans from around the world!

Page 1 of 1 12 posts
16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me. PostMon Nov 12, 2012 8:02 am Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 am11
Strange, because I really enjoyed 16 A.

Here's my opinion of the entire season;

Run A

Reverse Cowgirl: 6/10

Cash for Gold: 6/10

Faith Hilling: 9/10

Jewpacabra: 5/10

Butterballs: 9/10

Ziplining: 9/10

Cartman Finds Love: 7/10

Run B

Sarcastaball: 4/10

Raising the Bar: 4/10

Going Native: 2/10

A Nightmare on Facetime: 6/10

A Scause for Applause: 2/10

Obama Wins: 3/10

It happens, I suppose.
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostMon Nov 12, 2012 5:54 pm Offline
Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:42 pm433
Bro...I kinda agree with you on this one. It just wasn't that good enough for me.

16A > 16B
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostMon Nov 12, 2012 6:44 pm Offline
Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 pm5070
I agree as well. 16B was very disappointing. :|
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostTue Nov 13, 2012 3:08 am Offline
Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:00 pm937
Cool story bro.
To believe in something just because you're afraid of the consequences if you don't believe in something is no reason to believe in something.
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostTue Nov 13, 2012 9:50 am Offline
Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:39 am2Netherlands
I agree.. :(
This is breaking news from CNN! ..Or Fox! Or whatever, f*ck you!
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostTue Nov 13, 2012 8:05 pm Offline
Thu Feb 16, 2012 3:14 pm1425471 feet.
See, I actually enjoyed the second half of season 16. Of the run, I can say that only Sarcastaball was unwatchable and I just could not get into Going Native.

That said, Nightmare on Facetime was pretty classic. Insecurity felt like a season 6 or 7 episode (Definitely reminded me of the Child Abduction episode in terms of parental stupidity). The self awareness at the end of Raising the Bar was a pretty awesome scene. A Scause for Applause was simply good writing. Obama wins was weird, random which is something that South Park used to to much more often than today.

The first half of the season was a bit bumpy. None of the episodes were terrible, but there was something missing in most of that run. And even then, Butterballs and Cartman Finds Love were actually pretty good episodes toward the end of that run.

My biggest gripe on the season was the excessive presence of Cartman. He was a main feature in more than half of the season's episodes and while he is an awesome character, too much can become tiresome, particularly when following the same old formula of him versus Kyle, who pretty much only served as a reactive force to Cartman the entire season.
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostWed Nov 14, 2012 2:51 pm Offline
Sun Jan 30, 2005 10:24 pm5686The Mormon Homeland
It's always interesting to see which episodes different people love and hate. I loved Sarcastaball and Insecurity, but was a little down on Face Time and the finale, for example. It's strange because when I'm not totally in to a particular episode, usually there's still something in there that I totally loved.

Other episodes take a little longer to digest. Fat Butt and Pancake Head was an early example for me. At first I totally wasn't feeling it, but after a few more viewings, it really grew on me. I embraced elements of that episode that were initially off-putting. Face Time seems like it might be one of those type of shows that I will grow to like more than my first viewing.
You read it! You can't unread it!
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostThu Nov 15, 2012 7:42 pm Offline
Mon Jan 09, 2006 10:43 pm18777I was over nah, but now I'm over heah.
Whelp... I guess the moral of the story is; "South Park: It's not for everyone." ...but if your butt hurts, try it. :|
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostFri Nov 16, 2012 2:24 am Offline
Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:19 am11
Just realized I didn't list Insecurity :?

I thought it was actually a solid 8/10 episode. The UPS dynamics were hilarious. Went downhill toward the end once the actually INsecurity system was introduced but a solid episode.
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostSun Nov 18, 2012 4:00 pm Offline
Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:28 pm2
i found some 16 b episodes to be brilliant, can't agree with you
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostSun Nov 18, 2012 9:00 pm Offline
Sun Nov 18, 2012 8:14 pm12
m1carbine6644 wrote:
Just realized I didn't list Insecurity :?

I thought it was actually a solid 8/10 episode. The UPS dynamics were hilarious. Went downhill toward the end once the actually INsecurity system was introduced but a solid episode.

I thought the end of Insecurity was pretty funny. The chain of alarms going off at the end was sweet.

I can't really say which I enjoyed more. I liked the majority of episodes other than Jewpacabra and Raising the Bar. I agree with TMP, if I wasn't into the episode there was always a moment that got a huge laugh.
Re: 16 B has been one of the worst runs of the series for me PostFri Nov 23, 2012 5:11 pm Offline
Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:22 am59McLe, VA
It's all a matter of opinion. I think S16 was one of their best runs in a few years.

Sort by  
Page 1 of 1 12 posts